Merged: Matt Leinart | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Matt Leinart

Leinart has nothing to prove. That being said, I look forward to him tearing the Longhorns up and ceasing all this "he is overrated" crap.

I think the question you should have asked was "Is Vince Young overrated"....and my answer would be YES!

California Dreamin...

I guess I touched a nerve. I suggest you look for a post from Alex22 and watch the Vince Young video and get back to me. I think you might be change your mind about Vince. He is the "REAL DEAL".;)

donart said:
I'm of the school of thought that he is. I think we will see how good he is against Texas and Vince. I would rather see either Vince or Brady Quinn as the next QB for the fins.

i believe he is, and i don't think he has a good enough arm. his stats were actually down this year, but everyonewants to overlook it. and based on stats alone he should not have even been a heisman trophy finalist. i am not sold on young yet, but quinn i think is the best oif the 3

He is under-rated now, based on how many peope here hate his guts. Also, his arm is better than people try to say it is. It doesnt remind you of a Favre fastball, but its good enough

i think he is over rated a little bit.look at all the players surronding him.he has bush and white.how can he not be good.

donart said:
I guess I touched a nerve. I suggest you look for a post from Alex22 and watch the Vince Young video and get back to me. I think you might be change your mind about Vince. He is the "REAL DEAL".;)

#1. I don't want to LOOK for a post from Alex22. If I want spam I'll go to the spam board.

#2. I've seen Vince Young play a half dozen times and he does not impress me in the least. He's very athletic but as a passer I'll take Leinart 100 times out of 100.

Young throws to WIDE open recievers playing against bad Big 12 defenses. He makes a read and runs and never calls an audible.

donart said:

When Vince Young shows that he can actually pass the football to the level that Matt Leinart does, you can then tell me that he is the real deal. There are numerous quarterback skills that Matt Leinart is FAR BETTER than Vince Young at.

The first of which is proper mechanics and footwork. The second of which is accuracy. Matt Leinart also reads the field much, much, much better than Vince Young. Young doesn't see things on the field like a great quarterback sees them. He's the type that makes a read and runs if that read isn't open. That's not Matt Leinart. Matt will make the presnap read, change the play at the line, and then complete a big pass against a tampa two coverage. I've yet to see Vince Young check a play at the line.

The ONLY thing Vince Young does better than Matt Leinart is run with the football.

On a scale of 1 to 10, with 10 being the best, I'd rate Leinart's passing skills as an 8 and Young's passing skills as a 3.

tylerdolphin said:
He is under-rated now, based on how many peope here hate his guts. Also, his arm is better than people try to say it is. It doesnt remind you of a Favre fastball, but its good enough

Matt Leinart is in the Peyton Manning, Eli Manning level of prospects. The Manning brothers are the best quarterback prospects to enter the NFL in a decade, and Matt Leinart carries the same high grade that they carried.

unifiedtheory said:
#1. I don't want to LOOK for a post from Alex22. If I want spam I'll go to the spam board.

#2. I've seen Vince Young play a half dozen times and he does not impress me in the least. He's very athletic but as a passer I'll take Leinart 100 times out of 100.

Young throws to WIDE open recievers playing against bad Big 12 defenses. He makes a read and runs and never calls an audible.

yes as compared to the pac 1 schools. :sidelol: how many QBs didn't put up great numbers in that conference?

KB21 said:
Matt Leinart is in the Peyton Manning, Eli Manning level of prospects. The Manning brothers are the best quarterback prospects to enter the NFL in a decade, and Matt Leinart carries the same high grade that they carried.

everyone looks at his record, try looking at his stas and even comparing them against last year. his arm is a BIG question mark

aerokev said:
everyone looks at his record, try looking at his stas and even comparing them against last year. his arm is a BIG question mark

I don't have to look at his record or his stats. I've seen him play numerous times. His arm is not a big question mark. He's got a stronger arm than Vince Young, but Young's arm is weak due to his poor mechanics and that brain dead coaching staff they have at Texas when it came to trying to correct his very flawed mechanics.

I've also seen Vince Young play several times, and I would not draft him in the first round based on his quarterback ability. I'd rate him as a first round pick due to his athleticism, but I'd draft him as a receiver. He's not much different from Matt Jones, though Matt Jones is a better athlete.

KB21 said:
When Vince Young shows that he can actually pass the football to the level that Matt Leinart does, you can then tell me that he is the real deal. There are numerous quarterback skills that Matt Leinart is FAR BETTER than Vince Young at.

The first of which is proper mechanics and footwork. The second of which is accuracy. Matt Leinart also reads the field much, much, much better than Vince Young. Young doesn't see things on the field like a great quarterback sees them. He's the type that makes a read and runs if that read isn't open. That's not Matt Leinart. Matt will make the presnap read, change the play at the line, and then complete a big pass against a tampa two coverage. I've yet to see Vince Young check a play at the line.

The ONLY thing Vince Young does better than Matt Leinart is run with the football.

On a scale of 1 to 10, with 10 being the best, I'd rate Leinart's passing skills as an 8 and Young's passing skills as a 3.

Once again, KB puts into words what I was trying to say...

...and once again someone with little or no football knowledge will be dazzled by the Vince Young hype machine and fail to see what does and does'nt make a great QUARTERBACK.

KB21 said:

i don't know about all that...no one will trade a draft away to get lienart.

Back
Top Bottom