Merged: Matt Leinart | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Matt Leinart

Time will tell...

I still would rather have Quinn over Lienert. Time will tell. History will repeat itself with Lienert. Another Heisman winner turned NFL bust. I'm j/k... He is a GOOD quarterback at the college level. Let's see if he can compete with the big boys.:lol:

this whole thing baffles me to no end.... what more does leinart have to do? he's won championships, he's came through in the most clutch of times... 4th and 9.... 61 yard PERFECT pass to dwyane jarrett... i'm not a usc fan, but you're crazy if you think that VINCE YOUNG?!!! is better than him. vince is an excellent runner, but i see him as he is now.... as somewhere between kordell stewart and daunte culpepper (with the ints/fumbles/ and no moss... good but... eh.)

donart said:
I'm of the school of thought that he is. I think we will see how good he is against Texas and Vince. I would rather see either Vince or Brady Quinn as the next QB for the fins.

Aaahhhh....NO!

He is the best QB to come out in years. The experts are even grading him out better than Carson Palmer. He is a true QUARTERBACK is every since of the word...unlike Young who is a great athlete...who just happens to play QB. There is a big difference between the two.

KB21 said:
I don't have to look at his record or his stats. I've seen him play numerous times. His arm is not a big question mark. He's got a stronger arm than Vince Young, but Young's arm is weak due to his poor mechanics and that brain dead coaching staff they have at Texas when it came to trying to correct his very flawed mechanics.

I've also seen Vince Young play several times, and I would not draft him in the first round based on his quarterback ability. I'd rate him as a first round pick due to his athleticism, but I'd draft him as a receiver. He's not much different from Matt Jones, though Matt Jones is a better athlete.

not arguing with you there, i don't like young or leinert. young has bad mechanics, and i don't think either has that good of an arm. i think quinn is and will be better than both in the pros, and i would take cutler over young and leinert as well.

He's rated as the best Qb prospect, and he's the best Qb prospect, I think he's rated right where he should be. It's laughable that people hold it against him that Pete Carroll is better at his job than every other college coach in the country and gets the best players. I think he'll be a very good pro, and look forward to everyone rushing to judgement like they've done on every other young Qb in the league saying they're a bust after like 4 starts.

His Dudeness said:
this whole thing baffles me to no end.... what more does leinart have to do? he's won championships, he's came through in the most clutch of times... 4th and 9.... 61 yard PERFECT pass to dwyane jarrett... i'm not a usc fan, but you're crazy if you think that VINCE YOUNG?!!! is better than him. vince is an excellent runner, but i see him as he is now.... as somewhere between kordell stewart and daunte culpepper (with the ints/fumbles/ and no moss... good but... eh.)

61 yard perfect pass, or 10 yard pass that the receiver ran 50 yards after? granted USC won a championship and could repeat this year, but that really doesn't matter as far as talent goes for QB does it? if it did, why haven't any Oklahoma QBs worked out in the pros? i also don't think that young is the answer either, i do think he is alot better runner than either stewart or culpepper, but his arm is also questionable

djfresh47 said:
He's rated as the best Qb prospect, and he's the best Qb prospect, I think he's rated right where he should be. It's laughable that people hold it against him that Pete Carroll is better at his job than every other college coach in the country and gets the best players. I think he'll be a very good pro, and look forward to everyone rushing to judgement like they've done on every other young Qb in the league saying they're a bust after like 4 starts.

after last year he would have been the 1st pick in the draft as the top prospect, comparing his stats this year to last, he took a step back. i still think he will be adequate in the pros for the right team (playing in a dome), but i don't think he turns a franchise around.

aerokev said:
61 yard perfect pass, or 10 yard pass that the receiver ran 50 yards after? granted USC won a championship and could repeat this year, but that really doesn't matter as far as talent goes for QB does it? if it did, why haven't any Oklahoma QBs worked out in the pros? i also don't think that young is the answer either, i do think he is alot better runner than either stewart or culpepper, but his arm is also questionable

yea, ok, jarrett made a hell of a run.... BUT THAT THROW WAS PERFECT! not too lofty, not too fast, just right in there... pressure's on and he made a great throw... you're really gonna stand there and tell me you weren't impressed by that play??

unifiedtheory said:
Leinart has nothing to prove. That being said, I look forward to him tearing the Longhorns up and ceasing all this "he is overrated" crap.

I think the question you should have asked was "Is Vince Young overrated"....and my answer would be YES!

:yes: I agree.

Stats on that team aren't neccesarily a reflection of how well he is at playing the QB position. When you have the RBs USC has, the need to throw the ball is greatly diminished. Anyways isnt there a saying out there, something like "stats are for losers".....

Fish_Fan4Life said:
:yes: I agree.

they both are, because their teams are undefeated. young did however carry his team more with his running then passing, but atlanta has proven with vick, that gets you no where. the biggest games of the year for leinert, USC had to rely on bush not leinert to win the game

donart said:
I still would rather have Quinn over Lienert. Time will tell. History will repeat itself with Lienert. Another Heisman winner turned NFL bust. I'm j/k... He is a GOOD quarterback at the college level. Let's see if he can compete with the big boys.:lol:

Quinn? The publics love afair for the Irish is disgusting.

saves said:
what's that have to do with anything? he's a great quarterback prospect. doesn't matter what school he plays for

saves said:

USC was ranked no.1 all year, ND was not even ranked in the top 40 preseason. the team was excting to watch with quinn throwing the ball all over the place, and the ND/USC game was the best game i have seen in a long time

Back
Top Bottom