Merged: Matt Leinart | Page 14 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Matt Leinart

bullseyeguy said:
Stats on that team aren't neccesarily a reflection of how well he is at playing the QB position. When you have the RBs USC has, the need to throw the ball is greatly diminished. Anyways isnt there a saying out there, something like "stats are for losers".....

you would think with the RB's that leinert would have thrown the ball less this year, but after the bowl game he will have more attempts than he did last year. the difference is he has already thrown more ints, and he has 6 TDs less. 2003 is actually leinerts best year, and his stats have declined. when teams have to focus more on the running game with bush and white leinert should have been putting up ridiculous numbers and he didn't.

aerokev said:
you would think with the RB's that leinert would have thrown the ball less this year, but after the bowl game he will have more attempts than he did last year. the difference is he has already thrown more ints, and he has 6 TDs less. 2003 is actually leinerts best year, and his stats have declined. when teams have to focus more on the running game with bush and white leinert should have been putting up ridiculous numbers and he didn't.
yeah he's declined from the 164.46 QB rating to the horrible 158.29

unifiedtheory said:
Leinart has nothing to prove.

Actually unified, he has everything to prove at the pro level. Can he play in a league where the comp is equal? Can he deliver the ball against top DBs he'll

face every game? Can he take the big hits that awaits him in every game? How will he react when faced with adversity after realizing that success won't come

easy at the next level? I'm not a V. Young fan so this is not "my guy vs your guy," just responding to your "nothing to prove comment."

Not Bad For My Firts Post....

I sparked some good conversation today. So I'm bored at work on Christmas Day. I hope you all got all the presents you wanted this year. I just hope the fins have a great year next year!!!:dolphins:

By the way, I don't think Vince Young is a better "Quarterback" than ML I just think he does more on the field than ML. Put ML on a team that he has to carry and I think the load would be too heavy. He's just a good QB. Carson Palmer had a good game yesterday didn't he???;) Even the so called experts get it wrong now and again. Happy New year everyone!!!!

Itsdahumidity said:
Actually unified, he has everything to prove at the pro level. Can he play in a league where the comp is equal? Can he deliver the ball against top DBs he'll

face every game? Can he take the big hits that awaits him in every game? How will he react when faced with adversity after realizing that success won't come

easy at the next level? I'm not a V. Young fan so this is not "my guy vs your guy," just responding to your "nothing to prove comment."
he was responding to the guy's comment that the rose bowl will prove how good leinart is

kastofsna120 said:
yeah he's declined from the 164.46 QB rating to the horrible 158.29

2003 38 tds 9 ints
2004 33 tds 6 ints
2005 27 tds 7 ints

did anyone else notice a trend? and with bush and white running the ball the numbers should have been going higher. the number of attempts will actually be more after this years bowl game than either 2003 or 2004, so the less attempts cannot be used as an argument

DONART is ALEX22 in hiding. He'll be gone once Texas get beat by USC.

donart said:
Is that you in the picture with Matt???:sidelol:

do they do drug testing at USC? he looks like he is on something, or he is afraid of women.:sidelol:

aerokev said:
2003 38 tds 9 ints
2004 33 tds 6 ints
2005 27 tds 7 ints

did anyone else notice a trend? and with bush and white running the ball the numbers should have been going higher. the number of attempts will actually be more after this years bowl game than either 2003 or 2004, so the less attempts cannot be used as an argument

What else happen. NORM CHOW left. So pete carroll the defensive coach that he is call the offensive plays. And what do defensive coaches like to run the ball.

aerokev said:
2003 38 tds 9 ints
2004 33 tds 6 ints
2005 27 tds 7 ints

how does the running game make his numbers better? he's going to have less TDs when they give the ball to the backs in the redzone and let them get a TD

kastofsna120 said:
how does the running game make his numbers better? he's going to have less TDs when they give the ball to the backs in the redzone and let them get a TD

he is also going to have more people at the line to defend the run which would open up the passing game. he will have more passing attempts this year than 2003 and 2004 so the give the ball to the RBs in the red zone doesn't make a lot of sense, he had more throws to get TDs and he didn't

Amars said:
What else happen. NORM CHOW left. So pete carroll the defensive coach that he is call the offensive plays. And what do defensive coaches like to run the ball.

chow was there in 2004

Happy Holiday everyone, merry x-mas or whatever you celebrate

Leinart doesnt impress me, the fact that he can hit wide open recievers and hand the ball to reggie bush doesnt impress me, if leinart is on texas they arnt undefeated, yet if vince plays for USC they are probally still undefeated

Leinarts arm isnt stronger than Vince's arm so whoever said that should be thrown out of the arguement for lack of knowlege, and Vince's footwork isnt bad at all, his feet are always moving in the pocket so he can avoid defenders and step up to deliver the ball

Give me a break on the schedule, because USC's only REAL game they should have worried about was notre dame and leinart sucked that game untill the very end, and to anyone who is gonna say vince sucked against ohio state should have watched leinart vs ND to see what sucking really is

and why are you going to punish vince for putting the ball right where the WR can make a play on it and the DB cant? Even when he doesnt hit his guys in stride he throws the ball in the right spot his accuracy may not be the best but its more than suitable for the NFL

Leinart has more questionmarks imo than young does

Back
Top Bottom