Merged: Matt Leinart | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Matt Leinart

Alex22 said:
Dorsey step back and hand it to those guys?

What about leinart stepping back and handing it to reggie bush? and lendail white?

Leinart led the comeback against Notre Dame Marino/Montana/Elway-style. Without that amazing comeback, USC probably wouldn't be in the national championship game...

Leinart's arm strength is comparable to what Peyton Manning displayed in college. Yes, he doesn't have an Elway/Bledsoe-cannon (Jeff George and Ryan Leaf did...how did that work out?), but he can make all of the NFL throws and he has the smarts to be successful in the pros. If he winds up on the right team he's going to be the new Joe Cool.

Alex22 said:
leinart is a far better player, but he will lack the arm strength to be a great NFL QB

I heard the same crap about Pennington's arm and that he won't make it in the NFL. If Pennington could stay healthy he'd be a top 10 QB in the league. Leinart has a better arm than Pennington. You're making yourself look foolish by saying Leinart will be a bust.

You also compared Leinart and Dorsey. Don't try to change that.

some notes:

leinart doesn't have an average arm by NFL standards. he has an average arm by #1 overall pick standards. but that doesn't matter because his arm is still plenty good to succeed in the NFL

this is part of my "people read what they want to read" theory, which is that when someone sees/hears that leinart has an "average arm" they immediately think "he has a weak arm." of course, if they actually watched the games themselves they'd know they were wrong

also i love that a vince young lover will say leinart will be a bust because he has such a great supporting cast. and young is on a division 1AA team, right?

kastofsna120 said:
some notes:

leinart doesn't have an average arm by NFL standards. he has an average arm by #1 overall pick standards. but that doesn't matter because his arm is still plenty good to succeed in the NFL

this is part of my "people read what they want to read" theory, which is that when someone sees/hears that leinart has an "average arm" they immediately think "he has a weak arm." of course, if they actually watched the games themselves they'd know they were wrong

also i love that a vince young lover will say leinart will be a bust because he has such a great supporting cast. and young is on a division 1AA team, right?

Say what you want Young will be a Fin if he declares Saban likes him

dominizzo said:
Say what you want Young will be a Fin if he declares Saban likes him

:shakeno: And you would know who Saban likes.

dominizzo said:
Saban likes him thers on article in WPB soo before saying anything check the news

Why don't you post a link to backup your claim?

Alex22 said:
Look at young and leinarts stats head to head

Its obvious Vince is a better QB

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=120511

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=135107

in 100 less passes vince is 1 TD behind Leinart

and

Those who say vince has no accuracy

63.3 percent for vince

65 percent for leinart

not much difference

College stats mean squat. David Greene is the all-time winningest college QB and Timmy Chang is the all-time leader in passing yards, does that make them good NFL QBs?????

NO

SpeedRush99 said:
College stats mean squat. David Greene is the all-time winningest college QB and Timmy Chang is the all-time leader in passing yards, does that make them good NFL QBs?????

NO

Timmy played on a team that threw the ball 60 damn times a game

Vince young is a guy that plays on a normal team, one that mixes run and pass, just like USC.

They are comparable

SpeedRush99 said:

NO

also

Ill take a QB with good stats over a QB with bad stats

So your point really isnt very valid no offense

david Greene never had the hype Young has, and for a good reason

Alex22 said:
also

Ill take a QB with good stats over a QB with bad stats

So your point really isnt very valid no offense

david Greene never had the hype Young has, and for a good reason

My point is VERY valid. Scouts do not look at stats they look at raw talent and ability. I never said I'd take bad stats over good stats, I said stats aren't as important when evaluating talent!

SpeedRush99 said:
My point is VERY valid. Scouts do not look at stats they look at raw talent and ability. I never said I'd take bad stats over good stats, I said stats aren't as important when evaluating talent!

and young has more talent so whats your point?

Leinart is more ready for the NFL at this point

but

Down the road Vince is a better player

Alex22 said:
and young has more talent so whats your point?

Doesn't really matter. I'm not a big fan of either, I don't want either in Miami. And it really doesn't look like we'll be in a position for either one of them anyway. I think Leinart is WAY overrated and Young needs alot of work/coaching to become a good NFL QB, but he has the tools. I just don't have that much faith in Jason Garrett to turn him into a solid NFL QB.

Is Lienert Over rated???

I'm of the school of thought that he is. I think we will see how good he is against Texas and Vince. I would rather see either Vince or Brady Quinn as the next QB for the fins.

Back
Top Bottom