Merged: Matt Leinart | Page 19 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Matt Leinart

Brad528 said:
Personally I think Miami should work out a three team trade with Philly and the Saints where we give up Ricky and our 1st for Leineart and another pick. And the Saints get our 1st and the Eagles 1st while the Eagles get Ricky plus maybe a late round pick from the Saints. I would love to keep Ricky but this could be a great trade all around. We could be getting screwed in the deal but maybe have the Eagles give us another pick or something. It would be a deal that could benifit all teams. I know this will never happen but it wouldnt be a bad trade.

sban said yesturday that if tradin rw will make us better he will do it as a bussiness nothin personal. so i see it happening

If I were Matt I would pull an Eli/Elway move most definitely. Jim Haslett walked into Tom Benson's office and asked him to either A) Show Haslett that he still has a commitment to winning, or B) Jim would ask to be fired.

Jim ended up asking to be fired, and his wish was granted. Safe to say, Jim got no sign whatsoever that Benson was committed to winning.

That franchise is and always has been a mess from top to bottom. You should see some of the stuff that Kyle Turley wrote about the franchise back when he moved from New Orleans to St. Louis. He talked about how they use to try and serve moldy food to the players and stuff back in the day and everything.

Its awful over there, and now it is even worse because they are a homeless franchise, and Benson and Tagliabue are in the middle of a war determining what the future of the franchise is, where they're going to relocate, etc. If I were Matt Leinart there is NO WAY IN HECK that I would stand to be drafted by the Saints.

BUT, that said here is how I would handle it. PRIVATELY. I would tell the Saints behind closed doors that listen, I'm not convinced you guys are even committed to playing winning football. I don't know what freaking city you're going to be in when we go to camp, I don't like the idea all that much of playing my home games in two different cities or even worse, playing them at the opponents stadium and CALLING it a home game, and I am convinced that there's nothing I could do to lift this franchise from the depths. I will not play for you. You can draft me, and I will not sign. We will wait until the next draft. I already snubbed the draft once in favor of a third national title in college, ballroom dancing, and partying with the many fine young females here in southern california who treat me like Colin Ferrell. You think I won't forego the NFL again, to make sure I don't play for a franchise in the midst of as much turmoil as you guys are? I would, and I'd account myself lucky for the right to do it. But, here's what I'm going to do for you. I'll play ball, and I won't say anything publicly. You can feign interest in me, and I'll pretend that I'm willing to play for you, that way you can legitimately get a team (like Tennessee) to trade you a load of picks to get to your spot in the draft. That way you get great value in trade, and I get #2 pick money. Everyone wins.

Forget all the righteous crap about what's right and what's a "d!ck move" or whatever. This is a business and I'd make a BUSINESS decision. Teams make those BUSINESS decisions all the time without much heed for the player's feelings etc. All sides in the industry are blessed with certain kinds and amounts of leverage to get what they want and nobody can blame anybody for using that leverage.

SweepeR said:
interesting how they said on PTI that leinart shoudl pull an elway and an Eli. i agree and if so i see miami making a move hopefully. saban LOVES accuracy and leadership in qb's and thats why they love this guy. he has it. so it can be interesting. and dont give me the ARM STRENGHT CRAP! manning was being critisized the same way before he entered the draft and i think he turned out "ok" ahhaa.

I don't think any Broncos or Giants fan is critical of what those two QB's did. I'd love to see Leinart on the Fins. He'd be our version of Tom Brady. He's got a good enough arm. It's no cannon arm but it's enough. You want a cannon arm and no leadership abilities, sign Ryan Leaf.

no leinart throws lobs

when he throws is a slow spiral i havent seen him make tight bullet throws

drew olsen is the real deal

CHRISCANEQB726 said:
no leinart throws lobs

when he throws is a slow spiral i havent seen him make tight bullet throws

drew olsen is the real deal
i think you got the two completely mixed up

dominizzo said:
Matt Leinart will be a jEt Teh jets will trade up

they dont want to pay bigbucks in one position. reported they want a vet to compete with penny

Poor Matt Leinart

Everyone seems to htink the Saints are gonna take him, if he's the best QB in the draft (not that I would know) but the Saints are the last team I think anyone would wanna go to. What if he pulled an Eli and said I wanna play for the Dolphins, and we traded our 1st round pick for their 1st round pick. That would be sweet...

AquaInferno said:
Everyone seems to htink the Saints are gonna take him, if he's the best QB in the draft (not that I would know) but the Saints are the last team I think anyone would wanna go to. What if he pulled an Eli and said I wanna play for the Dolphins, and we traded our 1st round pick for their 1st round pick. That would be sweet...

It would cost us our entire draft plus a few picks next year to move from #16 to #2.

I feel bad for the Saints this year. They are going to get NO free agents and all their draft picks are going to be disappointed.

Caps said:
It would cost us our entire draft plus a few picks next year to move from #16 to #2.

uh no it wouldn't.

what are you smoking??????

this years first plus future first and second will do it.

AquaInferno said:

Id feel bad for the saints if he went there

He is the most over rated college QB in recent history

Leinart = Bust

death7star said:
uh no it wouldn't.

what are you smoking??????

this years first plus future first and second will do it.

Actually, it would take more than that. A 16 is worth 1000, a 2 is worth 2600. Future picks are considerably less valuable than current picks. The Giants gave up their first and third, plus their first and fifth rounders the following year just to move up from 4 to 1. And you think a 1st plus a future 1st and 2nd would do it?

Back
Top Bottom