Merged: Matt Leinart | Page 17 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Matt Leinart

kastofsna120 said:
a cannon for an arm is very important. i.e. kyle boller, jeff george, gus frerotte, uh........nevermind

You don't need a cannon but you do need good arm strength. My problem with Leinart is his accuracy stats are inflated. Go back and see how many sensational catches his receivers had to make in the national title game.

matt leinart will be a saint

if new orleans loses to the bucs this weekend (which seems like a pretty strong possibility considering the bucs need to win the game to sew up the division), the saints will wind up with either the 1st or 2nd pick of the draft, depending on the outcome of the texans/49ers game. if houston wins, then the saints get the top pick, followed by houston (OR green bay if they lose to seattle at home against a team that will probably be resting their starters most of the game). the niners have almost NO SHOT whatsoever at the top pick

so let's review some situations: if houston loses, they get the top pick period. if the saints lose, they get the #2 pick, followed by green bay, the jets, and then the niners (if all lose). there's a way that order can change, but it has to do with other teams winning/losing and affecting those 5 teams' SOS, but enough of that

if ALL 5 teams end up 3-13, here's the top 5:

1 - new orleans
2 - green bay
3 - new york jets
4 - houston
5 - san francisco

funny how the "reggie bush bowl" could end up with both teams having no shot at all at bush

obviously it can all change depending on the SOS, but whatever

Well he def will have some talent around him with a good running game and Horn as his WR. I guess that means that Brooks will be in the market for a trade then.

You think Leinart would have rather gone to the Niners last year and have a paycheck under his belt, or get drafted by the NFL's equivalent of the movie Planes, Trains, and Automobiles? Stupid decision he made.

well i wouldn't be surprised if he eli mannings it and decides not to play for an organization in shambles like the saints. so expect a trade for either leinart himself or for the top pick

Caps said:
You think Leinart would have rather gone to the Niners last year and have a paycheck under his belt, or get drafted by the NFL's equivalent of the movie Planes, Trains, and Automobiles? Stupid decision he made.
i doubt the niners had anything to do with his decision

kastofsna120 said:
well i wouldn't be surprised if he eli mannings it and decides not to play for an organization in shambles like the saints. so expect a trade for either leinart himself or for the top pick

I hate when players do that, you play for who drafts you, you dont decide where you play, how can we have equality in the league when players refuse to be drafted by a team

kastofsna120 said:

That would make more sense than him playing for the Saints. But then you can get into the speculation of moving the Saints to L.A. in the near future where the leading coaching candidate would be Carroll. Thats way out there I know but ahh I'm bored today.

kastofsna120 said:
i doubt the niners had anything to do with his decision

I'm not saying it did. Just saying he should have left and been the #1 pick to a stable team with rich history instead of taking his chances, which turns out to be going to a team with no history, no coach, and no home, for less money.

Caps said:
I'm not saying it did. Just saying he should have left and been the #1 pick to a stable team with rich history instead of taking his chances, which turns out to be going to a team with no history, no coach, and no home, for less money.
If he went #1 to the Saints he would get more money than he would've last year as the #1 pick.

ether79 said:
If he went #1 to the Saints he would get more money than he would've last year as the #1 pick.

I'm assuming that Houston wants the #1 pick, so they can get Reggie or trade down. So I'm assuming that they'll lose this week.

Caps said:
I'm assuming that Houston wants the #1 pick, so they can get Reggie or trade down. So I'm assuming that they'll lose this week.

Ohh ok. Yeah I see your point then.

i think houston will play well against san fran. overall i'd say houston is better than the niners, and while i'm no david carr fan, he's a lot better than alex smith. but it's in san francisco, so who knows

Back
Top Bottom