Merged: Matt Leinart | Page 18 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Matt Leinart

ether79 said:
They won't lose on purpose but they will probably lose.

Was about to say that. After reading my post, I made it sound like they would lose on purpose, I didn't mean that.

kastofsna120 said:
but it's in san francisco, so who knows

That is the basis for my prediction. Overall Houston is slightly better I'd say but I think the game being at SF gives the 9ers the edge. But yeah who knows though it will probably be close.

Yuppp NEw Orleans finally get their franchise Qb in Matt Leinart And Green BAy get Reggie Bush as their franchise Rb and let Ahman Green Walk

KB21 said:
I don't have to look at his record or his stats. I've seen him play numerous times. His arm is not a big question mark. He's got a stronger arm than Vince Young, but Young's arm is weak due to his poor mechanics and that brain dead coaching staff they have at Texas when it came to trying to correct his very flawed mechanics.

I've also seen Vince Young play several times, and I would not draft him in the first round based on his quarterback ability. I'd rate him as a first round pick due to his athleticism, but I'd draft him as a receiver. He's not much different from Matt Jones, though Matt Jones is a better athlete.

I'll make it first known that I am a Texas fan, but I have no bias or opinionative stature for or against Vince Young. I do feel, however, that when it comes to Vince Young, your views are still relatively short-sighted and unsound.

I'm unclear as to why a 'draft guru' would be willing to use a first round pick on a quarterback to only play him at receiver, when that person has never played receiver before in their life. With all due respect, that seems like an ignoramus idea to me.

Jaj said:
You don't need a cannon but you do need good arm strength. My problem with Leinart is his accuracy stats are inflated. Go back and see how many sensational catches his receivers had to make in the national title game.
the national title game? how bout i watch every other game where he hit receivers perfectly in stride everywhere on the field

Matt Leinart

interesting how they said on PTI that leinart shoudl pull an elway and an Eli. i agree and if so i see miami making a move hopefully. saban LOVES accuracy and leadership in qb's and thats why they love this guy. he has it. so it can be interesting. and dont give me the ARM STRENGHT CRAP! manning was being critisized the same way before he entered the draft and i think he turned out "ok" ahhaa.

nah i dont think leinart will be selfish and do that

Im not in the criticizing mood today so im not gonna knock leinart

But I dont think he should do that, it just makes you seem like a jerk

If I was Leinart I would he happy to be taken by the Saints....the expectations for him to be an instant winner would not be there,,he could also easily become the greatest Saints QB ever, and the Saints would probably make him a great offer $$$$$. I would rather play for the Saints than the Detroit Lions, Jets, or the Packers in freezing cold Lambeau Field.

SweepeR said:
interesting how they said on PTI that leinart shoudl pull an elway and an Eli. i agree and if so i see miami making a move hopefully. saban LOVES accuracy and leadership in qb's and thats why they love this guy. he has it. so it can be interesting. and dont give me the ARM STRENGHT CRAP! manning was being critisized the same way before he entered the draft and i think he turned out "ok" ahhaa.
Just curious as to how you know they love this guy... :confused:

mor911 said:
Just curious as to how you know they love this guy... :confused:

they have said it many times. leinart comes first alongside cutler followed by quinn and young. mueller has said himself he has everything you wnat in a QB. Ron jsut said on SC as well taht his "sources" are saying that he is leaning twoards pulling off an Eli and they dont want him to be in NO.

Roman529 said:
If I was Leinart I would he happy to be taken by the Saints....the expectations for him to be an instant winner would not be there,,he could also easily become the greatest Saints QB ever, and the Saints would probably make him a great offer $$$$$. I would rather play for the Saints than the Detroit Lions, Jets, or the Packers in freezing cold Lambeau Field.

The Saints are not nearly as bad a team as some people think. Aaron Brooks, as much as it pains me to say it, is a moron. He single handedly lost more games for NO with his bonehead plays than any starting QB that I have every seen. Great physical talent, no grasp of the mental aspects of playing QB.

IMO Leinart would make the Saints an instant threat with Horn, Stallworth, B Williams and their 6'8 rookie TE, plus a healthy McAllister.

As a Buc fan I hope he DOES pull an Eli but as a New Orleans native, I hope he can give the Saints some new life.

I'm so torn!:cry:

I dont even think it will make it that far... I think a deal will fall with another team for NO's 1st round pick even before draftday

Personally I think Miami should work out a three team trade with Philly and the Saints where we give up Ricky and our 1st for Leineart and another pick. And the Saints get our 1st and the Eagles 1st while the Eagles get Ricky plus maybe a late round pick from the Saints. I would love to keep Ricky but this could be a great trade all around. We could be getting screwed in the deal but maybe have the Eagles give us another pick or something. It would be a deal that could benifit all teams. I know this will never happen but it wouldnt be a bad trade.

Back
Top Bottom