MERGED: Michael Sam to be First Openly Gay Player - Okay w/ Phins drafting him? | Page 20 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Michael Sam to be First Openly Gay Player - Okay w/ Phins drafting him?

I get it man, it's all good.

Your family for your entire life told you your gay thoughts need to be suppressed, that they were wrong, and that your attraction to a penis is the devils emotion.

You don't have to live in fear of your own self hate. Well accept you for whoever you are. You don't have to live in fear anymore.

You little gay devil you, go set the world on fire...

Yawn. When you have nothing left, this is what comes from you people. Jon Stewart anyone? Nothing original here.

You, jvw and wal***** ..... have nothing left but calling names and making such absurd commentary.

Then you shouldn't be a homosexual.

The point is that one part of society is trying to silence anyone that doesn't follow the new PC agenda that homosexuality is cool, normal and has no negative societal effects.

Actually, it's what the Tea Party people were calling themselves before they knew it had a sexual connotation, so the fact that it's a running joke now is something of their own doing.

Not true. Anchors on PMSNBC were actually using it first.

The point is that one part of society is trying to silence anyone that doesn't follow the new PC agenda that homosexuality is cool, normal and has no negative societal effects.

Poor you. Must be terrible to disapprove of the lifestyle of consenting adults and have someone disapprove of you in turn. The anti-miscegenation forces had to go through this same, terrible ordeal.

Maybe if there was a don't ask/don't tell about disapproving of the gay lifestyle you wouldn't have these kinds of problems.

You brought up the Dixiecrats, not me. And since you appeared to not know the full story, I generously provided you with information to combat your ignorance in that area. You're welcome.

And why did I bring up the dixiecrats? The south was littered with democrats. They caucused with democrats, voted democrat and put democrat policies into place. Not until the 50/60s did it change, some what. That is not ignorance, that is fact. Your Welcome.

Talent and production usually trumps everything, but that aside, I bet all 32 locker rooms would rather have a have a Michael Sam in their lockeroom than a Jonathan martin. Sam is more man than JM will ever be

He's an LB'er but really a Wide Receiver.
I could really care less if a player is gay to be honest, no affect on me.
However, if I had a son it would be a totally different story.

I didn't complain. I was making a point. GLAAD was trying to shut down a show because of Robertson views. I won't ever back a boycott, because to me free speech is equal. As ignorant as i believe some may be. I say let it all fly. Ed Schultz thinks a conservative woman who is a cancer survivor, is a 'slut'. No boycott there. Melissa Harris Perry thinks that a adopted black child is a 'that' and makes a political statement. No boycott there. Let people have their say, and voice your own opinion. But boycotts are not needed.

GLAAD was exercising their right of free speech, as was the Duck guy. As for boycotts, that's also free speech. I'm not in favor of limiting either. But we're all allowed to participate or not participate as we see fit.

You're confusing criticism with silence. No one is trying to silence you or anyone else. If that were true, they'd be proposing laws to limit what you can say. I haven't seen that, and if they did, I'd be the first to oppose it.

And here we go. Stay on topic. jvw was equating gay sex to horse sex. He made the assertion that a certain part of the nation was for horse ****ing. And he still hasn't answered my question. You on the other hand, changed topics completely. Also, Abe Lincoln is a standard bearer of black civil rights. As for the south at that time, as I was not born yet, is a stain on this country's soul. No one could ever excuse that time in history. But like my mom said. Her mother and father worked in the fields with black workers in the 40/50s. She knew what it was like to be poor and treated as a low form of citizen. But she also admitted that blacks had it 10x worse than any mexican american at that time.

I never equated gay sex to horse sex, you must have me confused with someone else.....

You brought up the Dixiecrats, not me. And since you appeared to not know the full story, I generously provided you with information to combat your ignorance in that area. You're welcome.

Also after the election in 1948, the dixiecrats moved back to the democratic party. But the South for the majority of the modern age was democrat. Republicans back then were in the North and midwest. So I generously provided you with information to combat your ignorance in that area. Again You are very Welcome.

Back
Top Bottom