Merged:more bad boston news/rumor | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged:more bad boston news/rumor

ltfinfan

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
more bad boston news

this is from pft so take it how you want it

BOSTON ALREADY A PROBLEM FOR FINS

A league source tells us that Dolphins receiver David Boston got into it on Thursday with Miami strength and conditioning coach John Gamble, due to Boston's failure to stick with a plan intended to help him shrink his oversized body.

The story is reminiscent of reports that Boston's tenure with the Chargers began to go downhill after he got into a shouting match with San Diego strength coach Dave Redding -- which was punctuated by Boston telling Redding to "suck my d--k."

The Miami Herald reports merely that a "small rift" is developing between Boston and the team, but the Herald says nothing about the beef between Boston and Gamble. Instead, the Herald points to a shin injury that apparently was caused by Boston's 240-pound girth.

''He's been training. Until he got hurt out here, he hasn't missed a day as far as his running and lifting and stuff," coach Dave Wannstedt said. "He's got five percent body fat. We're not talking about losing fat. It's a matter of toning down the muscle tone, really. It sounds simple, but that's what the situation is. He's too muscled up right now and he doesn't have any fat to lose. It's just a matter of toning down."

The Dolphins acquired Boston from the Chargers earlier this year in a high-risk/high-reward transaction that could either put the team over the top, or drag it to the bottom. As of now, the indications are that Boston could be the anchor that runs these mammals aground.

i am not throwing in the towel yet but it is begining to bother me

Ok, maybe it's true, but shady journalism for two reasons:

Misdirection on the Herald article. The Herald Article is about a shin injury and the same stuff we've heard over and over about getting down to playing weight. They've taken an alleged incident and amorphously referred to it as "getting into" it with a coach. That's like when reporters use the passive voice because they really don't know what happened or who did it. They misused that "small rift" quote and I sorta doubt the veracity of the claims.

I wonder if we'll hear anything about the Gamble/Boston thing. It did concern me though that Gamble outright admitted the San Diego strength coach is a good friend of his that he's known for decades. Gamble said he didn't talk to Redding about Boston because he wanted to form his own opinion, but thats still a pretty stacked deck if you know the guy told your good friend to "suck his d!ck" even if you didn't learn about the situation directly from your friend, Gamble probably walked into the situation with an opinion on the tip of his brain.

I'm also concerned that Boston is a guy that DW wouldn't have pulled the trigger on, and the new rift thats been opened up between Dave and Rick, in terms of Rick trying to prove he's the better choice as GM and Dave trying to show he was right all along, will cause Dave to go heavy on Boston.

The vets won't let him be cancerous.If he becomes a consistent problem he will be on the outside looking in and nobody else will give this guy a shot.Sullivan pushed for this guy hoping to curve the bad attitude but so far not so good.Come DB we need you so get your freakin' act together!

ckparrothead said:
I wonder if we'll hear anything about the Gamble/Boston thing. It did concern me though that Gamble outright admitted the San Diego strength coach is a good friend of his that he's known for decades. Gamble said he didn't talk to Redding about Boston because he wanted to form his own opinion, but thats still a pretty stacked deck if you know the guy told your good friend to "suck his d!ck" even if you didn't learn about the situation directly from your friend, Gamble probably walked into the situation with an opinion on the tip of his brain.

I'm also concerned that Boston is a guy that DW wouldn't have pulled the trigger on, and the new rift thats been opened up between Dave and Rick, in terms of Rick trying to prove he's the better choice as GM and Dave trying to show he was right all along, will cause Dave to go heavy on Boston.

If you are correct about DW he needs to go ASAP. I wouldn't care if we went 2-14. DW cant let this whole thing become personal and more importantly he cant think it about HIM. Talk about self involved. Its about the TEAM winning and if he starts seeing players as DW guys and Rick guys thats BS and a detriment to the team.

Where did this Gamble news come from? Where is this suck my wee wee from? This is all news to me. I'm surprised the Herald and Sentinel would not get wind of this argument with Gamble but PFT did?

bigmiamifan said:
I'm surprised the Herald and Sentinel would not get wind of this argument with Gamble but PFT did?

Exactly. It's PFT; keep that in mind.

Let's please not start overanalyzing these mini-camps. So Boston sat out with an injury. Collier wasn't even present at the thing. Boston has a bit of an attitude and that will never change. Again, way too many talking heads out there with nothing to do, so why not talk about Boston and how a "rift" is developing. What crap.

Ridiculous

dreadlockera said:
If you are correct about DW he needs to go ASAP. I wouldn't care if we went 2-14. DW cant let this whole thing become personal and more importantly he cant think it about HIM. Talk about self involved. Its about the TEAM winning and if he starts seeing players as DW guys and Rick guys thats BS and a detriment to the team.

Blaming DW for Boston's attitude in a Spring mini-camp? I would care if we went 2-14. IMO, this thing is getting blown out of proportion. Lets see what happens when Training camp starts.

Boston is just having a little roid rage!!!!

Frankly, It says a lot, and nothing good, that in the very beginning of his time with the DOlphins, not during the pressure of the season, but when everyone is happy and running in shorts that Boston is already causing problems.

Hmm......

PhinKev said:
Frankly, It says a lot, and nothing good, that in the very beginning of his time with the DOlphins, not during the pressure of the season, but when everyone is happy and running in shorts that Boston is already causing problems.

Hmm......

Or somebody just made it up....

Man, this is gonna be one long wait till the season starts.All the rumors are gonna be coming out about DB and about the o-line and about Jay and AJ and about Wanny and Rick and on and on.I'll be glad when the season starts.

Ozzy rules!!

Does Boston want to be a football player or a professional body builder? That seems to be the question. Both are acceptable career paths but he is only being paid for one.

I think they should leave boston alone about his weight. That is the way he has always been. His Body is his self confidence. Just Let him play. He is like a kid, the more you tell him he is too big and needs to lose weight, the bigger he will try to get.

Back
Top Bottom