Merged:more bad boston news/rumor | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged:more bad boston news/rumor

finregime said:
I will say that I would cut him if he isnt going to be at least your #2 guy cause if anything less that means there is serious problems.A player of his caliber with no real quality push from others and he still ends up the #3 guy he's not worth keeping him.Only my agressive opinion of course.

I am of the same mind set.
Put up or shut up.
If this guy fails to match his effort level with his talent level I cut him as well and move on.

There's plenty of time though and hopefully Boston is just going through some personal betterment "growing pains". We'll see how he responds.

I thought Boston would pan out for us but always said that if he sticks to being a football player I want him on my team. If he wants to be a body builder maybe he should pick another career path.

boston attitude does concern me. if he has to go then our o-line better be improved.
if our o-line is alot better we should be a lot better team with or without boston.

Boston Rumor?

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htmA league source tells us that
Dolphins receiver David Boston got into it on Thursday with Miami strength and conditioning coach John Gamble, due to Boston's failure to stick with a plan intended to help him shrink his oversized body.

The story is reminiscent of reports that Boston's tenure with the Chargers began to go downhill after he got into a shouting match with San Diego strength coach Dave Redding -- which was punctuated by Boston telling Redding to "suck my d--k."

The Miami Herald reports merely that a "small rift" is developing between Boston and the team, but the Herald says nothing about the beef between Boston and Gamble. Instead, the Herald points to a shin injury that apparently was caused by Boston's 240-pound girth.

''He's been training. Until he got hurt out here, he hasn't missed a day as far as his running and lifting and stuff," coach Dave Wannstedt said. "He's got five percent body fat. We're not talking about losing fat. It's a matter of toning down the muscle tone, really. It sounds simple, but that's what the situation is. He's too muscled up right now and he doesn't have any fat to lose. It's just a matter of toning down."

The Dolphins acquired Boston from the Chargers earlier this year in a high-risk/high-reward transaction that could either put the team over the top, or drag it to the bottom. As of now, the indications are that Boston could be the anchor that runs these mammals aground.

BS or what?

I've yet to see the Miami paper which utilizes the terms "small rift", which PFT is quoting.

I'd say they are full of it, but thought it might be worth posting on an otherwise boring afternoon.

I heard from a friend, who's wife has a sister, who's husband is a janitor in the Dolphins camp and he said that DB wants to be loved... :shakeno:

Thats out of my chest, when there is no news, the media will find a story...

Disclaimer: Their is no truth in no way, no how, that DB has asked to be loved, I made it up... :)

PFT is known for its inaccuracies and speculation. That being said, I think there is some reason for concern about Boston. He is supposed to be starting calibre, perhaps even the #1 guy, and so far he is dropping passes, slow to make it back to the huddle, overweight(albeit due to too much muscle), and now refusing to practice because of a bruised shin. Yes, it is only May, but how long should the team wait to see if he has the right attitude? Should they keep hoping he will get his act together right up until the start of the season? By then it will be too late to pick up a FA WR. Or, should they be concerned now...voice that concern, and try to force him to straigten up before the next minicamp (May 18). Then, if he proves that he hasnt changed and will be more of a liability than an asset, the team has time to pursue a decent FA WR after June 1.

infiltrateib said:
ESPN got it from PFT?

Yes, here is a quote from espn "There are unsubstantiated reports of a brief verbal contretemps between Boston and one of the Dolphins assistants"

If it's unsubtantiated... WHY are they reporting it??

Definition: unsubstantiated

adj : unsupported by other evidence

... in other words BS

Back
Top Bottom