Merged:more bad boston news/rumor | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged:more bad boston news/rumor

Actually, the year he had 98 catches for almost 1600 yds he wasnt as heavy!

Well, this is another chapter in what's become a very disapppointing mini-camp IMO. WR D. Boston has to realize that this is his ONLY SHOT LEFT.

If he can't rebound his career in Miami this year, and get his attitude straightened out very quickly, he wont be playing ANYWHERE in 2004, at least not in Miami. This his LAST CHANCE. Dave sounds very serious aout sitting Boston, and he may even go as far as cutting him before all is said and done.:eek:

I'm personally shocked that a guy as big and as strong as DB is, that a "shin bruise" would keep him out of practice for three days. It's hard to think he wouldn't be able to suck it up, and take the pain. He's also been "very slow" coming back to the huddle, and from the way it sounds, he's an extremely self centered person....

I'm more angry than anything. :yell: We decided to give this guy a shot because of WR's coach J. Sullivan, and his faith in DB as a player, and here it is in May, and he's already he's causing problems. We passed on some good WR's in the draft because of this guy, and the faith we had in him, and now he's got to prove he was worth the gamble. It's very disppointing to say the least...

PHINZ RULE!! :fire:

we will see. Even a crappy boston is an upgrade of what Miami had last year

At least what they had last year didnt compromise chemistry!

Oh yea, the Dolphin's offensive chemistry was so good last year.

Dolphins: He ain't heavy, he's David Boston

Wanny went on to suggest that Boston will not be handed a starting job opposite Chris Chambers and that his play and effort in offseason camps will determine his role. Obviously, the onus is on the overgrown receiver to find his way back somewhere near the 228-pound mark he played at in Arizona. That, of course, would compromise how good he and his nipple rings look on South Beach. Stay tuned for scenes from the next David Boston soap opera.

:shakeno: let's hope he pans out or else Ricky will be getting 8 men in the box all year long again

Chemistry meaning getting along!!!!!!!!!!!! This guy didnt cause weapon problems he caused cohesion as far as attitude problems which is worse and if you dont believe me look at TO

C'mon guys...it's freakin' mini camp. i won't be worried about this kinda stuff til the pads are actually on. This guy is under a huge microscope. If someone else had sat out with a shin bruise it would be no big deal...but it's Boston so it's news.

And Pro Football Talk is not a well respected source of news so take what they say with a grain of salt.....

dolphan39 said:

:shakeno: let's hope he pans out or else Ricky will be getting 8 men in the box all year long again

That is what a lot of posters including myself have been worried about.
You could basically have the exact same offense as last year if Feeley can't overcome Fiedler and Boston can't turn things around for himself.

It's amazing how fast the positive reports from Fins camp have turned into negative reports including Wanny (Who NEVER calls any player out) spouting to the media about Boston needing to prove himself. That's not a good sign.
Boston is a "professional" athlete for one and he should handle himself as such. Secondly, it has been reported that many friends of his in the NFL and Boston himself realizes that this may be the turning point in his career. If he dosen't step up now and change the reputation he has his career could end up being squat! That should be enough to SELF motivate any man let alone a "professional" in his field. Apparently it may not be enough to motivate Boston and if that's the case we have a problem. I really like how the Fins are coming right out in the media and saying they will pull the trigger and bring in another WR if they have to. That would be a smart move by Rick to cover his arse just in case Boston goes back to head case land.

Not too many stupid sarcastic remarks now is there? :rolleyes:

Like I mentioned before, the guy has to be kept under your thumb.
He is NOT like Ricky was when we got him.

I now agree.Everybody can say it's only mini-camp,let's wait til the pads are on but this worries me even more that these things are happening this soon and he's proven that when people are pointing the finger at him he withdraws from the team so lets just see what happens but Im all for releasing him if it gets too ugly.

finregime said:
I now agree.Everybody can say it's only mini-camp,let's wait til the pads are on but this worries me even more that these things are happening this soon and he's proven that when people are pointing the finger at him he withdraws from the team so lets just see what happens but Im all for releasing him if it gets too ugly.

That is exactly the point.
Yes it's only minicamps and Boston has PLENTY of time to get into the shape the team wants him to be in. The worry has to come in that it seems the Fins coaches themselves are already starting to worry about whether he will CHOOSE to take on the role he said he would with this team. Here's a guy whose whole reputation is "on the bubble". He said he came here to be a pro bowl WR again and build up his reputation YET the same issues seem to be raising red flags with the coaching staff already. I mean it's been 1 camp and the coaches are already worried???

Also take into consideration that Wanny is completely against calling out anyone on his team in the media. Yet he chose to do so with Boston already.
That smells of a little trouble.

I applaud Wanny and the Fins the way they are handling it though.
Challenge him publicly and let him know that they'll pull him as quickly as they signed him!

I will say that I would cut him if he isnt going to be at least your #2 guy cause if anything less that means there is serious problems.A player of his caliber with no real quality push from others and he still ends up the #3 guy he's not worth keeping him.Only my agressive opinion of course.

Back
Top Bottom