MERGED: Official NHL Thread | Page 26 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Official NHL Thread

unifiedtheory said:
B.T.W....

DAMN am I glad the NHL is back (although my Bruins lost tonight). The "new rules" have added flow to the game...and it's about bloody time. This is the way the game should be played. :D

Sweet sig man... did you happen to catch Bergeron's goal in the 1st period? Top shelf, filthy. Rough way to lose tonight, but it was good to see them back in action.

alright.... i have a tough stat question.... hopefully someone informed has the true answer:

with the new shootouts, will players receive a +/- for shootout goals or misses? +/- is a category in my fantasy league... just curious..

PressCoverage said:
alright.... i have a tough stat question.... hopefully someone informed has the true answer:

with the new shootouts, will players receive a +/- for shootout goals or misses? +/- is a category in my fantasy league... just curious..

I might be wrong on this but everything I've read says that shootout statistics mean nothing.

FaninPatsyLand said:
Sweet sig man... did you happen to catch Bergeron's goal in the 1st period? Top shelf, filthy. Rough way to lose tonight, but it was good to see them back in action.

Did'nt watch the game (I don't have the Center Ice pack or whatever it's called) but I did see the highlights and that was a great goal. The B's will be o.k...I was happy about the 2 goals against. The defense could be an issue all year.

Patrice is going to be a star...I think 25 goals and 70 points is'nt too much to expect....and he's still a kid.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

The Flyers lost! how will they go 82-0 now!

Alright, so just like 21,000 other people wearing "ORANGE CRUSH, WE BELIEVE IN HOCKEY" t-shirts at the Flyers game last night. I was royally disappointed with the Flyers performance. I know it's early, and i know they will still be a good team. But to be 1-10 on a power play? To spend most of the game playing defense in our own ZONE, for Robert Esche's "breakout year" to start off that poorly, and to lose to the hated New York Rangers. It sucks.....

A good thing is, the Forsberg line played pretty well. Forsberg made some breath-taking passes and moves proving to me that he is the best player in the world. Simon Gagne is going to have a big year with him on that line. Mike Richards played well, Jeff Carter played well, our two young studs from the phantoms. Jon Sim looked pretty good, Siedenberg got hurt but he along with Pitkanen should be very good for years to come. I'm not worried about this team, but the taste of a loss after waiting 18 months is really bad. Especially after seeing the Flyers poor work ethic.

Welcome back NHL, I missed you. I thought the Leafs overall played well last night. They kept what was supposed to be a dominant Sens offense in check all night, and that was without Sundin or Klee. Lindros stepped up in the absence of Sundin and Eddie was pretty awesome, can't blame him on either goal. This team is making the playoffs, no doubt.

QB2RonnieTD23 said:
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

The Flyers lost! how will they go 82-0 now!

Alright, so just like 21,000 other people wearing "ORANGE CRUSH, WE BELIEVE IN HOCKEY" t-shirts at the Flyers game last night. I was royally disappointed with the Flyers performance. I know it's early, and i know they will still be a good team. But to be 1-10 on a power play? To spend most of the game playing defense in our own ZONE, for Robert Esche's "breakout year" to start off that poorly, and to lose to the hated New York Rangers. It sucks.....

A good thing is, the Forsberg line played pretty well. Forsberg made some breath-taking passes and moves proving to me that he is the best player in the world. Simon Gagne is going to have a big year with him on that line. Mike Richards played well, Jeff Carter played well, our two young studs from the phantoms. Jon Sim looked pretty good, Siedenberg got hurt but he along with Pitkanen should be very good for years to come. I'm not worried about this team, but the taste of a loss after waiting 18 months is really bad. Especially after seeing the Flyers poor work ethic.

And after Friday night, you'll be even more disappointed. Go Devils baby!! :D

Roman529 said:
phi-1.gif
Philadelphia Flyers: Why is everyone so high on the flyers? So they got Peter Forsberg..So what? they will be lucky if he plays half the season. Their D is OLD and SLOW with Hatcher and Rathje. The biggest question is their goaltending. Can Esche lead them to the cup? I dont think he can. I think he is another inconsistent goalie playing for the Flyers. Look for Simon Gagne to have a breakout year.

Where they will finish: 6th in the east.

:lol: 6TH????????:confused:

Hey c'mon and put down the Devils Koolaid. The Flyers are going to win the division and it won't even be close. Peter Forsberg and Hatcher make the Flyers the Cup favorite in the East. YES, I am a Flyer's fan so I am a little biased but we will finish way ahead of the Devils. I am just happy to have hockey back....I live about 65 miles from the Pepsi Center so I also get to see the Avs games in person and on tv....Avs lost too many key players, but they are my 2nd team behind my Flyers.

My guess is you aren't going to be singing that tune too much longer. This division will be a lot closer than you think.

The only complaint I have with the NHL now is their broadcast. I'm stuck watching the Rangers.

FireWrongstedt said:
And after Friday night, you'll be even more disappointed. Go Devils baby!! :D

With Scott Stevens gone you'll be hard pressed to cheap shot our best players this year.....:shakeno:

However if the Devils do smuggle a win out of Philly, i'm sure all 8,000 Devil fans will be happy :) :rofl3:

Sundin Out Indefinitely

Early in the 1st period a puck bounced off someone's stick and smacked him in the face. He now has a fractured orbital bone and could be out up to 6 weeks.

With Lindros and Allison the Leafs at least have some depth at centre, but that doesn't make this suck any less.

genx23 said:
Welcome back NHL, I missed you. I thought the Leafs overall played well last night. They kept what was supposed to be a dominant Sens offense in check all night, and that was without Sundin or Klee. Lindros stepped up in the absence of Sundin and Eddie was pretty awesome, can't blame him on either goal. This team is making the playoffs, no doubt.

Ya there a playoff team for sure/ Lindors layes a big hit and he looked impressive. I still think we need work on the powerplay.

QB2RonnieTD23 said:
With Scott Stevens gone you'll be hard pressed to cheap shot our best players this year.....:shakeno:

However if the Devils do smuggle a win out of Philly, i'm sure all 8,000 Devil fans will be happy :) :rofl3:

Still bitter that the best defensive defenseman in hockey history ****ed Lindros' career, huh? And still resorting to lame attendance jokes, just like the rest of your beyond reatrded white trash fan base, huh? You can kiss my Cups rings. Maybe that will make you feel better. :D

just finished watching the leafs/sen game - thank god for nhl center ice ticket and tivo - belfour had a shutout going into the third period - the leafs gave this one away - they had a 5 on 3 with a 4 min misconduct and did nothing with it in the third period when up 1 goal - you could tell the senators just wanted this more when the game was on the line - plus losing sundin early hurt bad - so far though i like the new rules - especially not being able to shift lines on an icing - and although i'm old school, the 4on4 overtime with the follow up shootout is exciting as h.e. double hockey sticks :hump:

losing sundin was huge in the game, were they 1-10 on the PP? you have to think if he played the whole game, they would of at least gotten one more on man-up. the leafs just didn't have a line to match the heatley-spezza-alferdsson, they were too much for them.

Back
Top Bottom