MERGED: Official World Cup thread: Talk about the tournament here | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Official World Cup thread: Talk about the tournament here

Agree on the draw we got. Definitely it's the technically "easier" part of the draw up to semis.
Despite being in the easier draw... anyone can still loose or win against anyone..

Also agree on Italy being more of a shocker than France, because France has had their ups and downs before, so it wasn't such a surprise... IMO the lack of young talented Italian players was really important... added to not having Totti or Del Piero on the squad...
Remember that even though Inter won the Scudetto + Copa Italia + Champions League... there was not a single Italian player on starting the team...

or look at my boys at AC Milan. Yeah they have some good Italians, but who have they been relying on? Ronaldihno, Alexandre Pato, Klaas-Jan Huntelaar, Clarence Seedorf, Marek Jankulovski, Thiago Silva, and when he's healthy David Beckham; 3 Brazillians, 2 Dutch players,a Czech, and a Brit. Oguchi Onyewu (American), and Dominic Adiyiah (Ghanaian) are also going to get a lot of looks (Gooch proably would've played a lot had he not been injured, and Adiyiah is a 20 year old who didn't get his Italian working permit until late in January). Let's not forget AC's best player had been Kaka (Brazillian) before he left,

Even Roma has started to rely heavily on Brazilians (Juan, Rodrigo Taddei, Júlio Baptista, Doni, and recenlty signed Fábio Simplício and Adriano), a Chilian (David Pizarro), a Montenegrin (Mirko Vučinić), a Norwegian (John Arne Riise) an Argentine (Nicolás Burdisso), and Frenchmen (Philippe Mexès and Jérémy Menez)

The top 3 finishers in Serie A relied heavily on foreign players. I love the Italian series because of the diverse playing styles the foreigners bring. Much like how the EPL is great because of the foreigners they bring in. Course the difference is, England has a bunch of good young players in their system.

or look at my boys at AC Milan. Yeah they have some good Italians, but who have they been relying on? Ronaldihno, Alexandre Pato, Klaas-Jan Huntelaar, Clarence Seedorf, Marek Jankulovski, Thiago Silva, and when he's healthy David Beckham; 3 Brazillians, 2 Dutch players,a Czech, and a Brit. Oguchi Onyewu (American), and Dominic Adiyiah (Ghanaian) are also going to get a lot of looks (Gooch proably would've played a lot had he not been injured, and Adiyiah is a 20 year old who didn't get his Italian working permit until late in January). Let's not forget AC's best player had been Kaka (Brazillian) before he left,

Even Roma has started to rely heavily on Brazilians (Juan, Rodrigo Taddei, Júlio Baptista, Doni, and recenlty signed Fábio Simplício and Adriano), a Chilian (David Pizarro), a Montenegrin (Mirko Vučinić), a Norwegian (John Arne Riise) an Argentine (Nicolás Burdisso), and Frenchmen (Philippe Mexès and Jérémy Menez)

The top 3 finishers in Serie A relied heavily on foreign players. I love the Italian series because of the diverse playing styles the foreigners bring. Much like how the EPL is great because of the foreigners they bring in. Course the difference is, England has a bunch of good young players in their system.

The Italian League is in trouble, not only because the top teams are more concerned with buying foreign imports instead of developing young Italians, but the league's average attendence is only 25,000. That might not seem important, but have a look a the German Bundersliga, which average a massive 42,000 and you can see just how many young guys are coming through for the German National team. Larger attendences mean more money to develop players in the youth system and a lager percentage of kids that want to play the game. German football is thriving at the moment and the national team is reaping the rewards, while Italian football is laging behind.

Inter Milan may have won the Champions League this season, but they did so with a team that did not consist of one Italian player on it. When your best two teams in the league are not supplying players for the national team, there is a huge problem.

There should be an unwritten rule that you can kick floppers in the face as hard as you can. It's one of the main reasons I completely stopped watching basketball (ginobli, you *****).

That being said, I really don't know who to root for. I couldn't care less about any of the remaining teams.

The offseason sucks.

Ger 4- Eng 1.............:rotfl1::rotfl1::rotfl1::rotfl1::rotfl1:

Ger 4- Eng 1.............:rotfl1::rotfl1::rotfl1::rotfl1::rotfl1:

Lolz. Even though England should've gotten that 2nd goal, Germany was clearly the best team (between the both) throughout the whole tournament. They have better strategy and waaay faster players. I think that was one deserved qualifying for Germany over England. I would've rather seen England get through, but they didn't deserved it.

There should be an unwritten rule that you can kick floppers in the face as hard as you can. It's one of the main reasons I completely stopped watching basketball (ginobli, you *****).

That being said, I really don't know who to root for. I couldn't care less about any of the remaining teams.

The offseason sucks.
Just bear with me while I cope with the bitterness of defeat and having no other sports to watch until football season starts.

England remember 66, you got the goal that never was that gave you the world cup, its all square now...........:rotfl1::rotfl1:.:rotfl1:

What's funny?

Just for the record, the ball did cross the line in '66. Quite clearly.

I don't see anything funny about Germany beating England 4-1. Seemingly, all around the world people were talking this game up as a 'should-win' for England. Any rational / intelligent / wise supporter should have known that Germany were / are more than capable of taking England apart. It's been a depressing summer for England, not because of disappointing progress or linesmen's decisions but because a similarly untalented group of players went out and gave pretty much nothing for their cause. In previous years (1998 onwards), we've had a lot more guts, guile and will. That wasn't there this year.

In many ways I'm glad. I remember pining four years ago for someone to outplay us and prove we weren't good enough rather than penalties, red cards, injuries or all three. I got that today. I hope this sends shockwaves through the English FA and shows them that there are massive holes in their organisations domestic culture.

Fair play to Germany. They're my favourite international team to watch and I hope they go all the way. It was wrong of anyone / everyone that thought England stood a chance against them today. Not funny for the English but as I said, in a sense, relieving, as long as the issues are recognised and not blamed on 'that goal'.

The joke, if there is one, is one anyone that thought England had a chance this summer, or even this afternoon.

What's funny?

I don't see anything funny about Germany beating England 4-1. Seemingly, all around the world people were talking this game up as a 'should-win' for England. Any rational / intelligent / wise supporter should have known that Germany were / are more than capable of taking England apart. It's been a depressing summer for England, not because of disappointing progress or linesmen's decisions but because a similarly untalented group of players went out and gave pretty much nothing for their cause. In previous years (1998 onwards), we've had a lot more guts, guile and will. That wasn't there this year.

In many ways I'm glad. I remember pining four years ago for someone to outplay us and prove we weren't good enough rather than penalties, red cards, injuries or all three. I got that today. I hope this sends shockwaves through the English FA and shows them that there are massive holes in their organisations domestic culture.

Fair play to Germany. They're my favourite international team to watch and I hope they go all the way. It was wrong of anyone / everyone that thought England stood a chance against them today. Not funny for the English but as I said, in a sense, relieving, as long as the issues are recognised and not blamed on 'that goal'.

The joke, if there is one, is one anyone that thought England had a chance this summer, or even this afternoon.

The ball never crossed the line. sky sports used there gadgets to show that it never crossed the line.
Anyway wow you were realy bad tonight..............:rip:

What's funny?

I totally agree that England should never have been favorites against Germany. All you had to do was look at each teams performances so far in this competition. England have been so out of form that it would have been a minor miracle for the likes of Rooney, Lampard, Gerrard, etc to re-discover their form so quickly. While Germany have been playing great football throughout the tournament, even if the team is very young.

Argentina does it again against Mexico!...what a game!....bring on Germany, this one will be even more thrilling!...Vamos Argentina Carajo!

Back
Top Bottom