MERGED: Official World Cup thread: Talk about the tournament here | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Official World Cup thread: Talk about the tournament here

Argentina was playing really bad before the first referee gift. Mexico was outplaying argentina, and argentineans where getting nervous... even though everyone knew argentina could score anytime, and it seemed like mexico would never score, it was a shame that Arg scored in that way. When seeing that game, you knew mexico was not winning that game, even when they where clearly playing better than arg...

Let's see now what happens between Brazil and Chile!

Argentina was playing really bad before the first referee gift. Mexico was outplaying argentina, and argentineans where getting nervous... even though everyone knew argentina could score anytime, and it seemed like mexico would never score, it was a shame that Arg scored in that way. When seeing that game, you knew mexico was not winning that game, even when they where clearly playing better than arg...

Let's see now what happens between Brazil and Chile!

Playing well means nothing unless you are scoring goals....I saw Argentina play very aggressively during the first half and that is why the goals happened. Then Argentina decided to defend after the 3rd goal...It was big mistake in my book. I think Argentina should have finished Mexico off, instead we let them keep the ball and score one. Aside from the off sides goal the other two Argentina goals were a thing of beauty....Argentina is still vastly superior to Mexico...we showed it last World Cup and again yesterday. This is the stage where we separate the contenders from the pretenders!...Let's keep it going!.

Playing well means nothing unless you are scoring goals....I saw Argentina play very aggressively during the first half and that is why the goals happened. Then Argentina decided to defend after the 3rd goal...It was big mistake in my book. I think Argentina should have finished Mexico off, instead we let them keep the ball and score one. Aside from the off sides goal the other two Argentina goals were a thing of beauty....Argentina is still vastly superior to Mexico...we showed it last World Cup and again yesterday. This is the stage where we separate the contenders from the pretenders!...Let's keep it going!.

As i said, taking that offside aside, Argentina was going to win anyways. That obviously means Argentina is superior to Mexico, since winning makes you superior over the other team, even when the other team played better. Everyone knows that playing great means nothing without the team scoring, even more so playing a world cup at this stage, when it's do or die.

Great to see Paraguay get to 1/4 finals as well. It seems like south american countries are proving their point that taking South Americans a spot on qualifying to the WC would be a big mistake.
Let's see what happens in 1/4 finals, and the game between Portugal and Spa in that should be interesting.

As i said, taking that offside aside, Argentina was going to win anyways. That obviously means Argentina is superior to Mexico, since winning makes you superior over the other team, even when the other team played better. Everyone knows that playing great means nothing without the team scoring, even more so playing a world cup at this stage, when it's do or die.

Great to see Paraguay get to 1/4 finals as well. It seems like south american countries are proving their point that taking South Americans a spot on qualifying to the WC would be a big mistake.
Let's see what happens in 1/4 finals, and the game between Portugal and Spa in that should be interesting.

Thought there was a big gap in quality between the two games yesterday. The Japan-Paraguay game was awful, while the Spain-Portugal game was very entertaining. I've seen Paraguay a couple of times and they are very good defensively and well organised. But even though they have Valdez and Santa Cruz up front, they seem to lack quality going forward. With the attacking talent they have, they should be able to score more goals, but they have disappointed me going forward. Because of that, I really do not see them beating Spain. They will frustrate the Spainish, but Spain will have the quality to break them down I feel.

Thought there was a big gap in quality between the two games yesterday. The Japan-Paraguay game was awful, while the Spain-Portugal game was very entertaining. I've seen Paraguay a couple of times and they are very good defensively and well organised. But even though they have Valdez and Santa Cruz up front, they seem to lack quality going forward. With the attacking talent they have, they should be able to score more goals, but they have disappointed me going forward. Because of that, I really do not see them beating Spain. They will frustrate the Spainish, but Spain will have the quality to break them down I feel.

I don't see Paraguay beating Spain either....I think the Guarani squad has gone as far as they can get. I do feel that the Spain/Paraguay should be an entertaining game.

In other thoughts:

Brazil will reach the finals if Holland cannot stop them...Holland is the only team with the tools to stop the Brazilians no other team in that side of the board has the talent to beat them. And if you are wondering about Uruguay....I don't think the Charruas can send Brazil home.

Germany vs. Argentina--- This is gonna be a tough hard fought game. I am worried about Argentina's ability to ward off Germany's young and aggressive forwards. Argentina is all about offense, and in a shootout they might prevail, but if the Germans score early this can get very ugly because Argentina's defense is not that solid. I hope Maradona chooses his defensive players wisely since it might be the difference between winning and losing. Can't wait till Saturday....Vamos Argentina!!

Paraguay and Japan was really boring.
Spain vs Portugal was a bit better.. But let me tell you, Portugal's HC (Queiroz) suxed... You have the second best player in the world and he didn't even touch the ball in all the game. He wasted Ronaldo aaalll game long. He just had a free kick that was hard to stop by Casillas and maybe 1 other chance that i'm missing now. Everybody saw that Spain was having trouble in the right side of the defense, and Ronaldo was wasted on the other side of the field... Just when it was almost over, like min 85, he changed Ronaldo to go attack on the left side of the offense... but it was too late... And he left Deco out, when Deco was the only one who could've changed things a little bit during the match.

Paraguay is a defensive team, that can get good teams in trouble. I wouldn't say that game is done yet, but i think Spain will prevail eventually. Remember that Argentina couldn't beat Paraguay in either of the matches played in the South American qualifiers.
Argentina has a tough match against Germany, and if they get past it, they have Spain (ranked #1) or Paraguay, who they couldn't beat before.

I do agree that PROBABLY Brazil will get to the finals, but they have a tougher road than you think. If Uruguay wins against Ghana (won't be an easy one), and Brazil does so with Netherlands; Brazil is going against Uruguay, and usually Brazilians tend to play bad against us, and we usually tend to play above our level, so i think it wouldn't be a surprise if we can beat them.

I'm really anxious about Friday!! Can't wait to see what happens!

Paraguay and Japan was really boring.
Spain vs Portugal was a bit better.. But let me tell you, Portugal's HC (Queiroz) suxed... You have the second best player in the world and he didn't even touch the ball in all the game. He wasted Ronaldo aaalll game long. He just had a free kick that was hard to stop by Casillas and maybe 1 other chance that i'm missing now. Everybody saw that Spain was having trouble in the right side of the defense, and Ronaldo was wasted on the other side of the field... Just when it was almost over, like min 85, he changed Ronaldo to go attack on the left side of the offense... but it was too late... And he left Deco out, when Deco was the only one who could've changed things a little bit during the match.

Paraguay is a defensive team, that can get good teams in trouble. I wouldn't say that game is done yet, but i think Spain will prevail eventually. Remember that Argentina couldn't beat Paraguay in either of the matches played in the South American qualifiers.
Argentina has a tough match against Germany, and if they get past it, they have Spain (ranked #1) or Paraguay, who they couldn't beat before.

I do agree that PROBABLY Brazil will get to the finals, but they have a tougher road than you think. If Uruguay wins against Ghana (won't be an easy one), and Brazil does so with Netherlands; Brazil is going against Uruguay, and usually Brazilians tend to play bad against us, and we usually tend to play above our level, so i think it wouldn't be a surprise if we can beat them.

I'm really anxious about Friday!! Can't wait to see what happens!

Well if you are guiding yourself by the results of the qualifiers then Uruguay has no shot against Brasil, since you lost both games in the qualifiers. I don't see how you say Brazil plays bad against you, they scored 4 goals to 0 in Montevideo last time they met. Again, I think you should be OK with Ghana...but Brazil or Holland will truly test Uruguay.

In regards to Spain and Paraguay....IF Argentina gets past Germany the true test is Spain...when we played Paraguay in the qualifiers it was a totally different scheme...in other words I would take my chances with Paraguay...don't wanna face Spain.

Well if you are guiding yourself by the results of the qualifiers then Uruguay has no shot against Brasil, since you lost both games in the qualifiers. I don't see how you say Brazil plays bad against you, they scored 4 goals to 0 in Montevideo last time they met. Again, I think you should be OK with Ghana...but Brazil or Holland will truly test Uruguay.

In regards to Spain and Paraguay....IF Argentina gets past Germany the true test is Spain...when we played Paraguay in the qualifiers it was a totally different scheme...in other words I would take my chances with Paraguay...don't wanna face Spain.

I said "TEND" to play bad... I have that 4-0 present, and i still stand my point that even though Brazil is faaar better than Uruguay, in the field that diference gets tighter.

Great result for the Dutch today and I'm delighted to see them reach the semi-finals. Brazil just lost their heads today. Melo's sending off was just stupid and reckless, while Brazil collapsed after conceding a bad goal to Sneijder.

The Dutch now in with a great shot of making the final as they play the winners of tonights game.

Argentina =:foundout:

So much for South American dominance.

Urugary better lose their next game. what Suarez did in the ghana game was down right wrong. that ball was going in the net to be the game winner and Suarez played goalie and stopped it with two hands. and I was already annoyed with him during the game because he kept flopping, the ref fell for it a few times but then he kept telling him to get up. I felt after a while he should have been yellow carded for his obvious flops, he did get that red card but it was the end of the game

Please don't start with the Suarez comments.. Did you see the game?? Didn't you see Ghana players should've seen yellow card waaaaaaaaaaaaay early in the game, and during it.

IN ADDITION, that foul min 119 wasn't even a foul, that Ghana player fells all by his own, AND ON TOP OF ALL!!! watch the play again and see that when Muslera (our goalkeeper) was anticipated by the header of a Ghana player, the other guy WAS OFFSIDE!!!!

That being said, if you're a real patriot, have played football and are passionate about football, in the situation Suarez was in min 120 of the game you shoud've done the same exact thing. What Suarez did is no worse than committing a penalty, a hand anywhere in the box, or even a last man tackle. SO please stop criticizing Suarez actions, cause he made the right choice. You're playing the WC, you have to fight every ball as it was the last one, score on the opponents goal and prevent the ball going into yours. He made the move, and payed the consequences. Ghana player had the chance, and missed.

AND IT WASN'T BY ANY MEANS CHEATING, since cheating in football involves deceiving the ref, which was not the case. It's a circumstance of the game, and a reflex for your country to be able to move on to the next round.

Argentina =:foundout:

So much for South American dominance.

Very sad day.....all but one South American team remains...and they match up with a tough Holland team. If it's not Uruguay, my hopes that is that somebody new wins this cup...Spain or Holland. I gotta tell you the Germans are playing some very aggressive football. The will be tough to beat, and Spain has their hands full.

Please don't start with the Suarez comments.. Did you see the game?? Didn't you see Ghana players should've seen yellow card waaaaaaaaaaaaay early in the game, and during it.

IN ADDITION, that foul min 119 wasn't even a foul, that Ghana player fells all by his own, AND ON TOP OF ALL!!! watch the play again and see that when Muslera (our goalkeeper) was anticipated by the header of a Ghana player, the other guy WAS OFFSIDE!!!!

That being said, if you're a real patriot, have played football and are passionate about football, in the situation Suarez was in min 120 of the game you shoud've done the same exact thing. What Suarez did is no worse than committing a penalty, a hand anywhere in the box, or even a last man tackle. SO please stop criticizing Suarez actions, cause he made the right choice. You're playing the WC, you have to fight every ball as it was the last one, score on the opponents goal and prevent the ball going into yours. He made the move, and payed the consequences. Ghana player had the chance, and missed.

AND IT WASN'T BY ANY MEANS CHEATING, since cheating in football involves deceiving the ref, which was not the case. It's a circumstance of the game, and a reflex for your country to be able to move on to the next round.

yes I watched that whole game and I stand by the fact that Suarez pisses me off. and maybe deceiving refs is part of the game but doesnt mean I would like it if our own landon donavan flopped. Im against being a pansy and flopping. say what u want Ghana got cheated. I was liking urugary because I like Forlain hes a really good player. but saurez pisses me off

Back
Top Bottom