MERGED: Official World Cup thread: Talk about the tournament here | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Official World Cup thread: Talk about the tournament here

You act like the the refs can go back and watch the replay of that handball by Henry

Clearly not the case. Quit crying

Ireland did get a raw deal with that call, but that's FIFA...they screw up every once in a while. No reason boycott the world cup though...if you love football, this THE event to watch!

We got a raw deal, but we just have to move on. I'm extremely proud of the fact that Ireland were able to defeat France at the Stade De France over 90 minutes. A feet no team had previously accomplished. The handball hurt, but for me the fact that two French players were totally off-side when the cross came in made it worse.

But I wont let it take away from my enjoyment of the event.

gotta go with the familia

Go France Go !!!

Alleeeeeeeeeeeeez les bleus ! Alleeeeeeeeeeeeeeez les bleus !!!

:D

(my mom was born in france... )

You act like the the refs can go back and watch the replay of that handball by Henry

Clearly not the case. Quit crying

fifa had a chance to take charge of the situation and didnt it was a disgrace and like i said i wont watse 1 sec watching that bore fest good luck to chumps if u choose 2 waste your time on a sport that is lacking excitement almost like mlb but just shorter then mlb

I'll be a homer and pull for the USA. Then after we're eliminated in pool play again, I'll go back to not caring about soccer.

fifa had a chance to take charge of the situation and didnt it was a disgrace and like i said i wont watse 1 sec watching that bore fest good luck to chumps if u choose 2 waste your time on a sport that is lacking excitement almost like mlb but just shorter then mlb

The rest of the World thinks football exciting....it's mostly Americans that find it boring, and thats partly because they stink at playing the game.

Mark my words.. for the 1st time in history my team (Holland) will win the world cup. At the moment Wesley Sneijder, Arjen Robben, Mark van Bommel, Ruud van Nistelrooy and Rafael van der Vaart are playing like mad for their clubteams. I also have a lot of confidence in the coach, Bert van Marwijk. He's a lot better than that nuttcase Marco van Basten (so glad they let him go).

So my bet: next world champions: the Netherlands. Other country's that I consider to be candidates: Argentina, Brazil & Germany.

I'll root for the United States as well offcourse, but I'm afraid they're just not good enough for a strong result at the moment.

The Germans always do well in this spectacle. They will be mixing it up in the final 8 for sure. Hell they have been in the final 4 at these World Cups/European Cup's for years now. You can never count them out.

The United States really got a decent draw. Not to take shots at Algeria or Slovenia . . . but it could have been Brazil and Portugal with the Ivory Coast mixed in. England will always be tough, and that match is going to be HEAVILY marketed . . . this really is a wonderful opportunity for U.S. soccer to really take off with a result against England. I could see them advancing here, something I couldn't say in 2006 (tho I still was hoping they would). They need to get healthy tho.

I love Ibraheimavich (spelling) I probably butchered his name. But that guy is amazing. Who does he play for?

Back
Top Bottom