MERGED: Official World Cup thread: Talk about the tournament here | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Official World Cup thread: Talk about the tournament here

How is Argentina among the favorites? They are playing horrible football.

Argentina played horrible in the qualifing round, barely made it to the World Cup, and won it all....back in 1986...thanks to a kid called Diego Maradona...sometimes history repeats itself, the new kid on the block in Argentina: Lionel Messi.

Argentina played horrible in the qualifing round, barely made it to the World Cup, and won it all....back in 1986...thanks to a kid called Diego Maradona...sometimes history repeats itself, the new kid on the block in Argentina: Lionel Messi.

Yeah, that's the exact same answer I got from my dad when I told him Argentina has no chance of winning the World Cup.

I hope history repeats itself and Messi plays a brilliant World Cup, because I'm a HUGE fan of the guy.

Zlatan Ibrahimovic plays for Sweden indeed, his parents are Bosnian, he's Swedish. And he's not playing for Internazionale, they traded him for Eto'o so Zlatan is now playing for FC Barcelona in Spain.

Yeah, that's the exact same answer I got from my dad when I told him Argentina has no chance of winning the World Cup.

I hope history repeats itself and Messi plays a brilliant World Cup, because I'm a HUGE fan of the guy.

As Inter Milan proved on Tuesday night, Messi can be controlled.

I actually think that Carlos Tevez is playing at a very high level at the moment, not too far off the level of Messi. With teams looking to stop Messi at the World Cup, it should give Tevez more freedom and he could have a very good tournament.

As Inter Milan proved on Tuesday night, Messi can be controlled.

I actually think that Carlos Tevez is playing at a very high level at the moment, not too far off the level of Messi. With teams looking to stop Messi at the World Cup, it should give Tevez more freedom and he could have a very good tournament.

If Messi has performed poorly on Argentina's national team in the past, Tevez has been practically invisible...I don't have much faith that Carlitos will have much of an impact. The wildcards on offense for Argentina could be Milito, Higuain, Palermo or Aguero. Let's see who Maradona pairs Messi with up front...

still rooting for my Yanks, but with Davies not able to go, it will be interesting/difficult. As long as we don't use Brian Ching as his replacement I'll be good.

Its close guys. I was reading we are second in ticket sales, behind South Africa of course. Our team has told reports not to carry more money than you are willing to hand over to a thief. Hopefully the heightened security over keeps everyone safe and allows South Africa to change its image.
Honestly I didn't even know Davies got hurt, may have heard but didn't notice until a few days ago. He has come a long way, but not World Cup ready.
U.S.A!

USA!!! I'll look for some dark-horses: USA, Japan, South Korea, Australia, Ivory Coast, Switzerland.

Back
Top Bottom