Merged: Omar Jacobs | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Omar Jacobs

ckparrothead said:
Yeah, but as far as managing a game goes Leinart is just head and shoulder above the rest and you can see it on the tape, regardless of opponent.
yeah i don't care who he's playing, he's clearly doing things that pro QBs do all the time. how many times do you see him change a route with his receiver to beat the coverage? it's easier to do in college, but at least he's doing it. and his best games usually come against the best teams, so i don't see how degrading his competition makes sense

Yeah, one of the things I actually like to see in a college QB is a certain amount of trust in your WRs to make a play. A lot of college QBs can find the wide open guy and deliver the ball. But when you get into the pros you learn that guys don't get open like they do in college unless you get the game going in a rhythm...and one of the things you like to see is a guy who isn't afraid to belt one out there to a good receiver to see if he goes up and gets it.

That was honestly one of the things I liked about Jacobs. Against Boise State though, it was just terrible he threw perfectly on-target passes to guys who were perfectly covered, sometimes by as many as two or three defenders. Those passes weren't inaccurate, they were just plain stupid. What I meant when I said his accuracy is near to a fault, is it seems almost like the guy is going to put the ball on the front shoulder of a wide receiver no matter where the defender is, and doesn't adjust the ball placement for where the defenders are coming from. I guess maybe I shouldn't say that is "too accurate" because I guess a truly accurate passer would fit it into the spot where only the WR could get it...but I feel it has way more to do with technique and decision-making than it does how consistently he is able to throw the ball where he wants to throw it...

ckparrothead said:
I can't believe Jacobs' arm is being questioned. That is the least questionable aspect about him. His motion, decision-making, footwork, and leadership are clearly the biggest knocks on him.

And about the suggestion that I just assume he has a good arm because he's big and black, grow up killswitch. Seriously.

We'll have to agree to disagree. And I did not contradict myself at all. Yes, I wholeheartedly believe Jacobs will be drafted in the first round. No, I am not going out of my way to say that he's "the man" or that we HAVE to get this guy or that he's the best or anything. A fourth grader could see how those statements don't contradict each other.

grow up? lol. how the f*ck is saying that people are gonna unconsiously stereotype him as having a big arm cause he's big and black a childish suggestion. what world do u live in where stereotypes don't exist?

And, sorry, I had assumed that saying he's gonna be a 1st-round pick is pretty much equivelant to saying he's "the man." guess i was wrong.

And another thing... look at the other posts: i'm not the only one who's questioning his arm.

ckparrothead said:
Against Boise State though, it was just terrible he threw perfectly on-target passes to guys who were perfectly covered, sometimes by as many as two or three defenders. Those passes weren't inaccurate, they were just plain stupid.

man i don't see how you wre so impressed with his accuracy. Against Boise St, especially, he was far from alleged 1st-rd-talent accuracy-wise. he threw behind his guys way too often. did u not pick up on that?

killswitch said:
man i don't see how you wre so impressed with his accuracy. Against Boise St, especially, he was far from alleged 1st-rd-talent accuracy-wise. he threw behind his guys way too often. did u not pick up on that?
he floats the ball. he has no zip at all

kastofsna120 said:
he floats the ball. he has no zip at all

agree. the trajectory of his intermediate passes especially is far from impressive.

Vick is overrated, Leinart is damaged goods, i would take Jacobs.
And you forgot to mention the best receiver in college ball - Calvin johnson

23Ronnie23 said:
Vick is overrated, Leinart is damaged goods, i would take Jacobs.
And you forgot to mention the best receiver in college ball - Calvin johnson
vick overrated? yes
leinart damaged goods? i don't even know what that means, so no
jacobs? no
calvin johnson best receiver? nope, but he'll be there in a year

calvin johnson best receiver? nope, but he'll be there in a year

He's good but I think USC's Dwayne Jarrett is the best sophomore receiver.

What round is omar worth

i believe omar could be a 3rd to 4th round pick.if we didnt get a QB and we were in the 4th id take him in a heartbeat,3rd might havta think about it.ur thoughts?

his stock is down alot but i dont think he falls to the 3rd round

Late 2nd early 3rd. His stock is way down but will be helped out if Quinn & Young stay in school.

Back
Top Bottom