Merged: Omar Jacobs | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Omar Jacobs

What would be best is to stay in school, but with Young, Quinn, and Stanton amoung others staying, coming out this year might give him the best shot at a higher pick. He'd be the best junior QB. Obviously he would be picked behind Leinart, but where he is placed amounsts the other senior QBs is the question. Base on potential, he might be the best after Leinart.

He has to stay another year in school. His mechanics are too low for the NFL. Even though he has the height advantage (6-4) he throws below his shoulder which will cause too many tipped balls. If he came out this year he would a late Day One pick (3rd round). I think with the injury and this is his only 2nd year starting will cause him to stay in college one more year.

Playmaker7 said:
What would be best is to stay in school, but with Young, Quinn, and Stanton amoung others staying, coming out this year might give him the best shot at a higher pick. He'd be the best junior QB. Obviously he would be picked behind Leinart, but where he is placed amounsts the other senior QBs is the question. Base on potential, he might be the best after Leinart.

Jacobs? No..........
The best junior QB is Brady Quinn. After watching film on him for the past three years he has really developed at the Pro level and has that "it" factor that scouts look for in QBs.

everardteach said:
Jacobs? No..........
The best junior QB is Brady Quinn. After watching film on him for the past three years he has really developed at the Pro level and has that "it" factor that scouts look for in QBs.

I was refering to JR's that would declare. Quinn has said unless something drastic happens he is staying.

I'm thinking his stock is 3rd round right now. If he would have performed like he did last year again this year we would be looking at top first rounder outta him, but a number of factors contributed to him having a down season and I just don't see that "wow" out of him I did last year.

Word has it he will be staying around to graduate. He would have left if he was still projected 1st round but with this poor season its best to stick around and get a degree. I think it is in his best intrest to stay in school, even though the team is loosing his best RB and top 2 WR's, the defense looks to be stronger and hopefully the coaching staff pulls their heads outta their ***** and call plays the defense dosn't see coming a mile away. Couple that with Omar perhaps maturing into more of a leader and a shot at a conference title and his stock should shoot back up.

if he declares i'd see him going in the 2nd. but he's bein a good kid and stayin in school.

i'd say late 1st-early 2nd. a good team looking to groom a future qb would take a chance on him. he has potential, but is a big time project.

I saw him playing and he has terrible mechanics and a sidearm throw

He isnt going to prove anymore more playing a BG. his numbers cant improve from his last 2 years.

If hes completely healthy he should enter the draft.

Nappy Roots said:
He isnt going to prove anymore more playing a BG. his numbers cant improve from his last 2 years.

If hes completely healthy he should enter the draft.
a totally agree there's absolutely no reason for him to stay it's not like he's gonna win a national championship at bowling green

he HAS to leave early. he's losing the best players on his offense and A) will risk another injury if he stays, and B) he won't put up better numbers than this year or last year. whether he's prepared for the NFL is moot; he can't stay in college

gunhaver said:
he HAS to leave early. he's losing the best players on his offense and A) will risk another injury if he stays, and B) he won't put up better numbers than this year or last year. whether he's prepared for the NFL is moot; he can't stay in college
You are probably right. Sadly I dont' think he is even a first day pick. Too many questions...

Even now he will be lucky to be a 2nd rounder, if he waits till next year he prolly wont even go on the first day at all.

Back
Top Bottom