MERGED: Patrick Turner Claimed by Jets | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Patrick Turner Claimed by Jets

:lol2::lol2: he will be a star...............

Kinda surprised they picked him up, I was somewhat expecting him to go to the Seahawks.

Sanchez did play with him , he probably asked for them to claim him ... If nothing more he could be a red zone threat for them.

On the other hand he got beat out by 2 undrafted wr's and turner still doesn't seem to be ready

Patrick Turner joins Mark Sanchez in New York

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on September 5, 2010 1:21 PM ET
Maybe Patrick Turner's old USC quarterback can revive his career.

The Jets claimed Turner off waivers from the Dolphins, according to Jenny Vrentas of the Newark Star-Ledger.

Turner was a third-round pick in 2009 of the Dolphins that lost his roster spot to two undrafted free agent wide receivers this week.

It's uncertain who the Jets will cut to make room on the roster. David Clowney would be a logical bet.

If David Clowney is released, is that someone we would be interested in?

If Clowney is released, I would be more than happy to welcome him to Miami. If I remember correctly, he's a very solid KR/PR and/or special teams player. He would be a solid #4 or #5 WR. An unofficial Turner-for-Clowney swap would be A-OK by me (despite the disappointing loss of a 3rd round pick in Turner).

For fans that rip the FO for wasting our 3rd on Turner, remember this same group 'reached' for Brian Hartline in the 4th round right after picking Turner and now BH looks like our starting WR opposite Marshall this year. Just some perspective :)

Back
Top Bottom