MERGED: Patrick Turner Claimed by Jets | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Patrick Turner Claimed by Jets

#1 it's hysterical how the guy was a great pick and going to be a good player for you but now that another team picks him up you laugh and tell us how he will suck(I'm not saying you are wrong but even a week ago people were still saying he was going to contribute for you)

Actually the initial enthusiasm had more to do with his size and illusory first exhibition season. After that you'd be hard-pressed to find anyone who was more bullish than hopeful about Turner maybe turning things around mostly on account of his size. And when it came to final cut-downs, outside of a handful of those advocating not to give up on him or Pat White just yet, the majority around here were awarding his job to Wallace and Moore, the 2 UFAs who clearly outperformed him this preseason: better route running, separation and ability to come down with the ball... yes 2 undrafted free agents!

Actually the initial enthusiasm had more to do with his size and illusory first exhibition season. After that you'd be hard-pressed to find anyone who was more bullish than hopeful about Turner maybe turning things around mostly on account of his size. And when it came to final cut-downs, outside of a handful of those advocating not to give up on him or Pat White just yet, the majority around here were awarding his job to Wallace and Moore, the 2 UFAs who clearly outperformed him this preseason: better route running, separation and ability to come down with the ball... yes 2 undrafted free agents!

Iknow hot works on these boards, when fans think players are staying they tell us how good they will be, when they think they could be gone or actually are gone they bash them on the way out and the replacement is pumped up. This isn't a shot at dolphin fans it happens on all boards. Fans rationalize everything that hapoens. To an outside they look at Miami and think how poorly you drafted and what poor mdepth you have that you have 2 more UDFAs make the team while to dolphin fans you look at like you are finding these hidden gems b/c of your scouting dep't- the same scouting dep't that led you to draft guys like White and Turner.

I have no hopes for Turner, I haven't seen enough of him to form a long term opinion. I'm hoping he can play STs- is this the case?

I have no hopes for Turner, I haven't seen enough of him to form a long term opinion. I'm hoping he can play STs- is this the case?

Nah not really (talking special teams), I know that Patrick Turner probably was the most close to Sanchize at USC than the other WR's were. Turner was the guy Sanchize threw to at his Pro Day. This is more of a case of familiarity than looking for a gem. The Jets saw him run routes at Mark's pro day, they are aware of some of the talent the kid possesses and maybe that can translate to the NFL with Mark as his QB.

Iknow hot works on these boards, when fans think players are staying they tell us how good they will be, when they think they could be gone or actually are gone they bash them on the way out and the replacement is pumped up. This isn't a shot at dolphin fans it happens on all boards. Fans rationalize everything that hapoens. To an outside they look at Miami and think how poorly you drafted and what poor mdepth you have that you have 2 more UDFAs make the team while to dolphin fans you look at like you are finding these hidden gems b/c of your scouting dep't- the same scouting dep't that led you to draft guys like White and Turner.

No, that's part of why he's gone.

#1 it's hysterical how the guy was a great pick and going to be a good player for you but now that another team picks him up you laugh and tell us how he will suck(I'm not saying you are wrong but even a week ago people were still saying he was going to contribute for you)

#2 Can he play Special teams?

Err, what? The vast majority of people on this board wanted him cut with Marlon Moore and Roberto Wallace making the team. And no, he can't play special teams.

martin to buffalo, turner to the jets, teams just want info from them because the phins are very secret in what they do

---------- Post added at 08:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:51 AM ----------

one more thing, must be a good sign of our team getting better when teams actually want guys we cut huh

#2 Can he play Special teams?

Not really. He was inactive 14 games & didn't even sniff the field on the other 2 ... when we had virtually no WRs.

Career Stats (espn.com)
Season Team Receiving Rushing Fumbles G GS Rec Yds Avg Lng TD Att Yds Avg Lng TD FUM Lost
2009 Miami Dolphins 2 0 -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- (2 is games active)
TOTAL 0 0 0.0 0 0 -- 0 0.0 0 0 0 0

Back
Top Bottom