MERGED: Plax is a Jet | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Plax is a Jet

Jets sign Chedder Bob

Rotoworld reports that Plaxico Burress signed a one year deal with NY. Its sad that he is their biggest signing this offseason.

depending on how much residual energy he stored up in his "cell" .. could be a good signing for them.

Definately an interesting signing. Very little risk for them as it's only a 1 year deal. Also replaces Braylon with someone who can be a red-zone threat. I've got a feeling they are not done in FA. They were close again last year, so they'll make 3-4 moves to try and fill some needs.

The jests are also trying to get Todd Heap. Nnamdi hurt their punk *** feelings,so now they have to save face n reassure their fans again.

He will be 34 years old and hasn't done anything since 2007, is this really a major signing?

It will be interesting to see what the Jets fans who criticized Marshall for his off field issues have to say about this. Marshall has never been convicted or spent any time in jail. Burress has.

Interesting. I think it'll take a long while before he can get back into tip top shape. I wonder when the Jets are going to invest in a long term second wide receiver.

Even though I don't think he'll be that big of a threat, I gotta say it does kind of annoy me that our FO signs Bush for big money, who was very likely to get cut anyway. Then when we have someone who we probably could've picked up for the vet minimum we don't go after him. Or we let someone like Ochocinco who is a big big Dolphin fan go to the Pats, when I bet he would've been thrilled to come down here.

I guess it just annoys me a little to see us being our same old selves, and not trying a little harder in free agency. Still going after the ol' diamond in the roughs, other teams garbage, undrafted FAs, etc.

Interesting. I think it'll take a long while before he can get back into tip top shape. I wonder when the Jets are going to invest in a long term second wide receiver.

A bad signing. That pretty much sums it up.

Back
Top Bottom