MERGED: Plax is a Jet | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Plax is a Jet

He will be 34 years old and hasn't done anything since 2007, is this really a major signing?

It will be interesting to see what the Jets fans who criticized Marshall for his off field issues have to say about this. Marshall has never been convicted or spent any time in jail. Burress has.

You're joking right?? Marshall is a first class a-hole who can't stay out of trouble. Convictions or not, he has a list of police reports as long as your arm including assaulting a police officer, and assaulting his wife. The jackass is still recovering from a stab wound that you can bet your life was done in self defense. He's been arrested 5 times!! Plax made a dumb decision and only hurt himself. The judge wanted to make an example out of him and that's what he did. We'll see what he has left in the tank football-wise, but I'd bet my life Marshall finds trouble again before Plax does.

This is a good move for the Jets. Solid proven long term WR with great height and hands. They also have an excellent TE in Keller, so when you start talking about having to defend Holmes, Burress, Keller and then Tomlinson out of the backfield its going to be tough to stop them. It has been frustrating over the last few years to watch the Jets and the Pats move up in the draft, or when they do select they take play makers, then go out over free agency they make the big moves. A coincidence that they are in the playoffs and contending each year while we cant manage a winning record? Try and spin it anyway you want but we lose on the field because we lose in the front office. I love the team but I just don't get what they are trying to do.

I have to disagree with that. Maybe if this move happened 4 years ago, but right now we really don't know what Plaxico can offer. He didn't even play in the last 7 games of the 2008 season, and that is a very long time for an NFL player to be out of the game.

I don't see this move as an upgrade over Edwards.

Rotoworld reports that Plaxico Burress signed a one year deal with NY. Its sad that he is their biggest signing this offseason.

I would think Holmes and now Cromartie are bigger signings, wouldn't you agree?

Nice move, I prefer Edwards and we take a step down w/ this but going into this offseason the likelihood was that we would lose Edwards and sign Plax or Moss to replace him. We got Plax pretty cheap and our O looks good to go now.

I have to disagree with that. Maybe if this move happened 4 years ago, but right now we really don't know what Plaxico can offer. He didn't even play in the last 7 games of the 2008 season, and that is a very long time for an NFL player to be out of the game.

I don't see this move as an upgrade over Edwards.

It's not an upgrade, it's definitely a downgrade but it's still a good move.

Like they said on NFL network, this is pretty much a try out for all 32 teams next year. It's only a one year contract. So we shall see how this pans out.

It's not an upgrade, it's definitely a downgrade but it's still a good move.

Isn't that an oxymoron? :) I know that Edwards contract demands were probably too high to make sense for the Jets, but I think that there were other options besides Plax that might have been better for the Jets.

Isn't that an oxymoron? :) I know that Edwards contract demands were probably too high to make sense for the Jets, but I think that there were other options besides Plax that might have been better for the Jets.

We knew we'd likely lose one of the WRs and we had to replace one. I think Plax is a good replacement, his upside can be better than Edwards but is that realistic? Maybe towards the end of the season but at worst he gives us a great RZ target and overall I think we are better day 1 at WR(starters) than last year b/c we get 4 more games of Holmes- that should easily be enough to make up for the difference in production from Edwards to Plax. That is why I like the move.

The point of the offseason is to improve the team so that you can advance further than you did the year before. You have to ask yourself if the WR position is better now then it was when the Jets lost the AFC Championship game. I think the answer is easily a no. Forget day one starting WR being better than last year, you want to be better than you were since the last game you played. The Jets went 3-1 without Holmes, so I don't see how it matters that Holmes will play in the first 4 games this year.

It's not a bad move for the Jets, but it is a downgrade which is not what you want your team to do.

The point of the offseason is to improve the team so that you can advance further than you did the year before. You have to ask yourself if the WR position is better now then it was when the Jets lost the AFC Championship game. I think the answer is easily a no. Forget day one starting WR being better than last year, you want to be better than you were since the last game you played. The Jets went 3-1 without Holmes, so I don't see how it matters that Holmes will play in the first 4 games this year.

It's not a bad move for the Jets, but it is a downgrade which is not what you want your team to do.

I don't know if the answer is no, By january hopefully Plax will have his football legs back. He could wind up being better than Edwards.

The Jets went 3-1 w/o Edwards and Holmes the year before too.

I expect holmes will be better in this system in year 2, I expect Sanchez will be better. if that happens it will make the WR corps better, I also expect keller to get more touches and we have good pass catching backs. I think overall our O will be better in 2011 than it was in 2010.

I'm not taking into account any improvements from players that are already on the team, as that can be said about any team. I base my opinion on who a team had, and who they replaced him with. I really doubt that Plax will be able to match what Edwards did for the Jets. I think his loss will also effect Holmes a bit, as I don't think teams will be worrying about Plax too much. We are talking about a guy who is now 34, and has not played in the NFL since November 23, 2008. He only played in 10 games that year. I don't think it is realistic to think that he can come in and be a better player than Edwards was.

The Jets may indeed have a better O in 11 than what they did in 10, but I don't think it will be because of this move.

Patriots and Jets aggresive with moves and we sit around doing nothing,i guess Sparano and Ireland feel we have such a complete roster we dont need anybody.Top 5 pick in next years draft coming and these two clowns wont be around to make it!!

Obviously....

For the money, I'm kind of wishing they'd gone with Mike Sims-Walker instead of Burress. Similar deals but Sims-Walker is much younger and has actually played in the past 2 years.

Watch the Jets go out and sign Edwards now rendering this entire thread MOOT

Back
Top Bottom