MERGED: Plax is a Jet | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Plax is a Jet

Well, I am so confused on how the cap works now because of R. Cimini saying that after the Harris contract, apparently the Jets have now nearly 10 mil under cap. 9.something. Anyway, rumor mill now has braylon back into the discussion or if they are satisfied with their receivers, possibly making a trade for Osi. How can they keep managing the cap? I thought for sure they would be banging against the ceiling by now. Anyone that knows alot about the cap, please chime in here if you know how signing Harris to that big deal can save them all that money? It doesn't make sense to me.

Harris was designated a franchise player, and he signed a $10.4 million tender, which would have counted towards the cap had he not signed the 4 year deal. With the 4 year deal, Harris' new cap charge for 2011 is a reported $4 million, which will save the Jets $6.4 million in space.

We could do the same thing with Soliai if we wanted to give him a long term contract.

I see. Thanks, now it makes alot more sense to me.

Jets could be signing Derrick Mason tomorrow, bringing him in for a physical.

I think that would actually be a better signing than Plax was. He's getting up there in age, but has still been productive.

I think that would actually be a better signing than Plax was. He's getting up there in age, but has still been productive.

I think Plax is going to be big for us at some point this season, it may take a while but he'll be a major weapon for Mark in the RZ.

It's difficult for me to imagine him being a major weapon, but you never know. I just can't get past the fact that he has not played any football for so long. I wonder how durable he is going to be this season? I heard he rolled his ankle running routes. Not a good start. :)

It's difficult for me to imagine him being a major weapon, but you never know. I just can't get past the fact that he has not played any football for so long. I wonder how durable he is going to be this season? I heard he rolled his ankle running routes. Not a good start. :)

I don't think he'll cacth 60 balls but he is a huge target for sanchez, he'll make a impact. As far as the injury, they are just being careful b/c he has been away so long, under normal circumstances he still would have practiced today.

Back
Top Bottom