Merged: Quinn falls to the Dolphins at #9? | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Quinn falls to the Dolphins at #9?

Im for passing on Quinn and giving Culpepper the reigns. I dont think Quinn will be as good as Culpepper was in Minnesota. If Culpepper cant get healthy then go for it but if hes healthy Quinn wont see the field for years and this is a wasted pick. Im not sure why but I just dont think Quinn is going to be great, I dont think hes as talented as Dante either. Im not sure why everyone is so ready to throw Dante overboard, when he was healthy he was a MVP canidate. His last full healthy season was better than Quinn will ever do.
2004 min | 16 | 379 548 69.2 4717 8.6 39 11

Seriously, this was a ALLTIME great season. Almost 70% comp thats absurd. If Manning hadnt broke records that year Dante was easily the MVP. We are going to dump him for a rookie? We arent Brady Quinn from a title.

Im for passing on Quinn and giving Culpepper the reigns. I dont think Quinn will be as good as Culpepper was in Minnesota. If Culpepper cant get healthy then go for it but if hes healthy Quinn wont see the field for years and this is a wasted pick. Im not sure why but I just dont think Quinn is going to be great, I dont think hes as talented as Dante either. Im not sure why everyone is so ready to throw Dante overboard, when he was healthy he was a MVP canidate. His last full healthy season was better than Quinn will ever do.

Seriously, this was a ALLTIME great season. Almost 70% comp thats absurd. If Manning hadnt broke records that year Dante was easily the MVP. We are going to dump him for a rookie? We arent Brady Quinn from a title.

I don't think we're a Daunte Culpepper away from the Super Bowl either, so draft Quinn if he's there, and rebuild the right way for once

As much as I would LOVE to see Quinn drop to 9, I dont think there is top-tier talent for him to drop that far. I think a team that already has a quality starter, but no appearent Heir will go after him.

I will be smiling large if he does fall to us though

I don't think we're a Daunte Culpepper away from the Super Bowl either, so draft Quinn if he's there, and rebuild the right way for once

Rebuild? Cmon, thats like a 3 year ordeal waiting for Quinn to mature. Daunte healthy is better than Quinn will ever be and I disagree about not being a healthy Dante from a title shot. If Dante is in his 2004 form we have a very legit shot a title, if Quinn is healthy and starting we are picking top 10. You play to win titles, not develop kids that might never be as good as what you have. People are in love with Quinn, he will never be as good as a healthy Daunte. People have soured on a player while he is hurt, forgetting that daunte was one of the top Qbs in the league without question. We invested a 2nd rounder in him, giving him half a year and drafting his replacement with a top 10 pick is what bad teams do. If we draft Quinn we are joining the Cards and the other dregs of teams that have no clue.
Regardless, he will be gone I hope before we draft.

I doubt Quinn falls to 9 but

if he does we'd better take him. Even as a rookie he'd be better than anyone we have now. He's even a better fit for Miami than Russell because of the offense he ran in college and hed need less time to get adjusted. If Culpepper's healthy he could start the year until Quinn's ready to take over. Much like Vince Young with the Titans last year, it wouldnt take long for the Dolphins to start Quinn with all his talent.

if he does we'd better take him. Even as a rookie he'd be better than anyone we have now. He's even a better fit for Miami than Russell because of the offense he ran in college and hed need less time to get adjusted. If Culpepper's healthy he could start the year until Quinn's ready to take over. Much like Vince Young with the Titans last year, it wouldnt take long for the Dolphins to start Quinn with all his talent.

Cmon on I know people have a mad man crush on Quinn but this assertion is a little out there. A healthy Culpepper is better than Quinn as a rookie and I think better than he will ever be. Dismissing Daunte has become a fad on these boards, I hope Cam has more sense than to dump a guy that is a MVP caliber player when healthy for a maybe Qb in the draft.

Rebuild? Cmon, thats like a 3 year ordeal waiting for Quinn to mature. Daunte healthy is better than Quinn will ever be and I disagree about not being a healthy Dante from a title shot. If Dante is in his 2004 form we have a very legit shot a title, if Quinn is healthy and starting we are picking top 10. You play to win titles, not develop kids that might never be as good as what you have. People are in love with Quinn, he will never be as good as a healthy Daunte. People have soured on a player while he is hurt, forgetting that daunte was one of the top Qbs in the league without question. We invested a 2nd rounder in him, giving him half a year and drafting his replacement with a top 10 pick is what bad teams do. If we draft Quinn we are joining the Cards and the other dregs of teams that have no clue.
Regardless, he will be gone I hope before we draft.

Daunte played hurt this season, and it wasn't a fair representation of what he can do when healthy. That being said, his decison making was horrible, and it's the mental side of his game that scares me at this point. If he comes back 100% and plays well, then I'll be thrilled...but I'm not entirely sure that will ever happen, and Brady Quinn in my mind is an ideal Qb to build a young offense around.

Also I think you overstate the talent on this team's roster./ i would have no problem taking a step back next year to develop an elite young QB. Consider it an investment in not sucking for the next 10 years

Daunte played hurt this season, and it wasn't a fair representation of what he can do when healthy. That being said, his decison making was horrible, and it's the mental side of his game that scares me at this point. If he comes back 100% and plays well, then I'll be thrilled...but I'm not entirely sure that will ever happen, and Brady Quinn in my mind is an ideal Qb to build a young offense around.

Also I think you overstate the talent on this team's roster./ i would have no problem taking a step back next year to develop an elite young QB. Consider it an investment in not sucking for the next 10 years

It may not have been a fair representation of what he can do when healthy, but it does give a fair representation of what Daunte would be if we tried turning him into a pocket QB or defenses try to counter his mobility. The fact that Daunte's already 30, plus his questionmarks on whether he can still play decently means we should try to provide some insurance for the future and that's drafting a guy like Brady Quinn if he falls.

I'm not throwing Daunte overboard, on the contrary, i hope he gets healthy & has a great year. The reality is that he is getting old & is not going to be here for more than four, maybe five years. Why would we not draft a QB who would be ready to take over once Daunte leaves? Or better yet, isn't healthy enough to play next season? I don't feel like going through the whole let's find a QB ordeal again, neither next year or in 4 years, do you?

Also, isn't it a little premature to already say that Brady Quinn will never be good in the NFL?

I'm not throwing Daunte overboard, on the contrary, i hope he gets healthy & has a great year. The reality is that he is getting old & is not going to be here for more than four, maybe five years. Why would we not draft a QB who would be ready to take over once Daunte leaves? Or better yet, isn't healthy enough to play next season? I don't feel like going through the whole let's find a QB ordeal again, neither next year or in 4 years, do you?

Also, isn't it a little premature to already say that Brady Quinn will never be good in the NFL?

I dont know whether or not Brady is going to be good but I dont think he will ever have a year like Daunte's best year. Daunte is in his prime, he has a good 5-6 years left, Qbs arent used up by 33. I think if we draft a Qb at 9 we have to start him this year or next, hes going to be making big money, more than Daunte. Im all for a Qb in rounds 2-7, Id love for us to get a guy to develop. But Quinn early? Daunte will justfiably want to leave if we do that. I see drafting Quinn as giving up on next year and rebuilding, if thats the case so be it but I dont see this team being so devoid of talent that we need to start over.

Back
Top Bottom