Merged: Quinn falls to the Dolphins at #9? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Quinn falls to the Dolphins at #9?

There is a rumor flying around that the Phins are going to trade 1st and 3rd to Washington for their first and Draft Quinn at 6 instead of nine. I think our future is getting brighter all the time!

That would be stupid. They need to keep all their draft picks, not give them away. Plus, there is a good chance if Quinn is there at #6, he will be there at #9. So they could draft him and #9 and keep their 3rd round pick. I am really not sold on Quinn, but that trade would be flat out dumb. If anything, they need to trade down and get more picks. Part of the reason the Dolphins are where there at is because they have given away too many draft picks over the last few years. Hopefully Mueller realizes that as well.

If you like Eli Manning and Rex Grossman, I can see why you would like Quinn. Same player.

You're talking about the game where Leinart threw a ballsy, deep pass on 4th down and then went for the sneak to win the game? The one ND should have won?

Yes that's the one. Don't misunderstand what I meant, I'm advocating Quinn. It's largely because of his play that ND was in position to win that game against USC.

Keiper is high. Explain to me how none of those teams would be interested in a franchise QB. Quinn will not reach #9. I am not for drafting a QB, but if... then yes. We can NOT NOT pick him up. My question lies within the assumption that only 2 of the 8 teams ahead of us are in need of a QB. Oak, Det, Clv, Az, TB, Hou, Minn, & Wsh. Arizona already spent it's QB ticket on 1st day drafts. That will be enforced for a minn of 3 years. TB QB's are young and think that they are set enough to venture into other much needed areas. Past those two teams...??? Det..unstable, Oak..abysmal, Clv...putting alot of trust into Frye (although a Def selection is much needed here) Hou...gettin' off the Carr (BTW- they can't make the mistake of passing on another Bush-like player. That would be Houst-a-cide with the fans there.) And Minn & Wsh are every bit involved in a QB hunt as we are (if you consider us in a QB hunt at all.) Hey- if Brady falls to us, we have to nab him. But it's not gonna happen. He does have great leadership potential that those afore-mentioned teams would love to have.

Where'd this rumor come from? As much as I'd like to see Quinn in aqua and white, a 3rd seems a bit much to give up. But it is still intriguing. Hopefully, Quinn will just fall safely to the #9 so we don't give up anything (unless they want Jeno James).

Came from a draft board, no source but I am starting to believe it the more I hear. Washington is looking to move down in the draft. Supposedly Detroit is content with Kitna and is interested in Joe Thomas, Cleveland has said they are content with Frye. Tampa resigned Simms. The only others that I see taking Quinn would be Minnesota or Houston so leap frogging them makes sense.

It's going to be an interesting draft day for us that's for sure!

If you like Eli Manning and Rex Grossman, I can see why you would like Quinn. Same player.

Are you kidding me? He doesn't throw nearly as many picks as either of those guys. He is more comparable to Tom Brady and Carson Palmer than either of those guys. Explain why you think that.

that game vs LSU didn prove nada

So you're basing his entire college performance on one game? Did you base your opinion of Dan Marino on the 1985 Super Bowl vs. the 49ers? Or the playoff drubbing to Jacksonville? Of course not. If we are lucky enough to be able to draft Brady Quinn, he will be one of your favorite players in the next couple of years.

I love reading the predictions that "There's ZERO chance Quinn will be available at number 9!"

Personally, I don't know enough on him to say I'm completely for or against us taking Quinn.

I do know that people that follow football should have seen enough draft day surprises in the past to not say such silly things as "it's impossible for him to be there".

Remember the "For the last time...WE ARE NOT RUNNING A 3-4 DEFENSE!!!!" threads? :lol:

Came from a draft board, no source but I am starting to believe it the more I hear. Washington is looking to move down in the draft. Supposedly Detroit is content with Kitna and is interested in Joe Thomas, Cleveland has said they are content with Frye. Tampa resigned Simms. The only others that I see taking Quinn would be Minnesota or Houston so leap frogging them makes sense.

It's going to be an interesting draft day for us that's for sure!

Houston maybe if they feel like Carr isn't the answer, which I hope they don't. Minnesota I'd think would want to stick with Trevaris Jackson since they've burned a 2nd rounder on him already.

Oh it always is. Unless it's the 2003 draft and we just selected Eddie Moore and Wade Smith with our first two picks.

Houston maybe if they feel like Carr isn't the answer, which I hope they don't. Minnesota I'd think would want to stick with Trevaris Jackson since they've burned a 2nd rounder on him already.

Jackson was pretty bad even for a rookie last year and Houston benched Carr at some points for Sage so I think both would probably take Quinn if he's there but who knows...It's kind of like picking lotto numbers :lol:

That is why I think the rumor might have some credibility though because perhaps the Phins don't wan't to take a chance at letting Houston or Minny grab him.

Plus there is always the chance with the Skins looking to trade down that if the Phins don't trade up with them someone else will and nab Quinn.

Keiper is high. Explain to me how none of those teams would be interested in a franchise QB. Quinn will not reach #9. I am not for drafting a QB, but if... then yes. We can NOT NOT pick him up. My question lies within the assumption that only 2 of the 8 teams ahead of us are in need of a QB. Oak, Det, Clv, Az, TB, Hou, Minn, & Wsh. Arizona already spent it's QB ticket on 1st day drafts. That will be enforced for a minn of 3 years. TB QB's are young and think that they are set enough to venture into other much needed areas. Past those two teams...??? Det..unstable, Oak..abysmal, Clv...putting alot of trust into Frye (although a Def selection is much needed here) Hou...gettin' off the Carr (BTW- they can't make the mistake of passing on another Bush-like player. That would be Houst-a-cide with the fans there.) And Minn & Wsh are every bit involved in a QB hunt as we are (if you consider us in a QB hunt at all.) Hey- if Brady falls to us, we have to nab him. But it's not gonna happen. He does have great leadership potential that those afore-mentioned teams would love to have.

The Redskins have Jason Campbell who was drafted just 2 years ago in the first round, and last year the Vikes drafted Travaris Jackson in the 2nd round. Neither would give up on those players so quickly. There is a very good chance Quinn falls to us if he makes it past Cleveland.

all i can say is thank god mel kiper is never friggen right...i am not sold on quinn, undersized, product of the system. I want STANTON and we dont have to sell the farm to get him

Back
Top Bottom