Merged: Ricky to Meet with Dolphin Officials | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Ricky to Meet with Dolphin Officials

Since he is not interested in money he is making arrangements to return the 8 million he owes.(Sure!.When he finds out he may come to his senses)

He is happy with his "Baggie" of Jamaican Gold his "real" fiends and his new found freedom.

We're so thirsting for some good news that someone makes up some rumor and we all believe it blindly. The truth is that if this were true, it'd be on ESPN.COM and not in the message boards. Don't hold your breath.

my question is why does everyone want this guy back? why are we all so "thirsty" for him to say "i am a miami dolphin again." are you that desperate for a marquee player on offense? the man turned his back on his team and his community. cheering his return is the ultimate act of despiration. i dont care if he comes back and rushes for 2000 yards. it wont garuntee us a playoff birth or a any post season success (note, baltimore ravens). i suggest everyone just chill the hell out and start deleting ricky williams from your dolphins rosters.

im with CK, if the front office is going to meet with RW, i hope it is only to ask for an 8 million dollar check. if this is about getting a contract reworked as others in this thread (i happen to think it is more likely a manifestation of his mental problems), how could anyone have even an ounce of respect for him after this fiasco, let alone want him back?

musk said:
my question is why does everyone want this guy back? why are we all so "thirsty" for him to say "i am a miami dolphin again." are you that desperate for a marquee player on offense? the man turned his back on his team and his community. cheering his return is the ultimate act of despiration. i dont care if he comes back and rushes for 2000 yards. it wont garuntee us a playoff birth or a any post season success (note, baltimore ravens). i suggest everyone just chill the hell out and start deleting ricky williams from your dolphins rosters.

techniqually he hasnet left us yet, for all we know this could be a ploy for more money, or whatever other reason (change in offensice philosophy ect..) we are in an off period until training camp he hasent left any practices, he hasent left in middle of training camp or the preseason. all he said was during a period that no manditory meets or practices were schdueled that he is retiring no papers have been filed with the NFL yet. it would be a different story if he walked out in the middle of training camp, so until papers a filed or he dosent show up on friday at training camp he really hasent left its all just talk. So i think we should wait until a definite reason like missing practice or filing or papers before we label him a quitter or saying he turned his back, he is doing nothing different than ogunleye, Ricky is differnt this could be his way of holding out, he has a social problem and people like than need assuance they a needed and personally id rather him cause all this talk, than what ogunleye say im sitting out 10 games and coming back for only the 6 required so i can be a free agent to me thats a lot more selfish

I don't want Ricky Williams back. So far what we've heard is that "quitting" is what he definately wants to do. And that nobody can talk him out of it.

Well maybe $8 million can talk him out of it. But whats the point? We'd be forcing him to do something he doesn't want to do anyways. So how productive could he really be? We all need to drop this guy like a bad habit, just like he did to us. And use all this money we're getting back elsewhere.

musk said:

:yes:

What fan wants a quitter?
Even if it is a ploy.... can you respect him after such grandstanding?

ALTHOUGH... T.O. would have to pull out more than a SHARPIE to top this!
:smackhead

I guess then... we'd have to call it a Ricky, instead of a HOMER!

NO...come back rick....you F'ed up but i would forgive you

Hypothetically:

Lets just say he came back, layed low and ran for 4.5 per carry, and about 1800-2000 yards this season. On top of that, we made it to the AFC championship, or even the SB.Who here would forgive him? I'd still think he was a strange dude, but I'd probably try my best to forgive him.

let him back

i say if he wants to come back let him, the players will get even with him in camp, a missed block here and there, let the team decide, they'll wake his a$$ up, a couple of good sound hits (and i don't mean bong) and he will nknow they were pissed:evil:

Sign those damn retirement papers and begin your "world tour" with Lenny...Ricky the wuss Williams..."That was not an offense we ran" "I got hit too much" be gone you wuss!!!

T. Henry played with broken ribs...he did not complain and the JILLLLS offense was horrid last year!!! Excuses Excuses Excuses...get outta here!!!

If Ricky did come back, I wonder what the chemistry would be between him and Seth. We all know our starting C made some remarks about Williams leaving, and then ol' Ricky had to go and say that Seth was the reason he got killed a few times.

That would be one hard apology by each. :shakeno:

Scrap said:
Hypothetically:

Lets just say he came back, layed low and ran for 4.5 per carry, and about 1800-2000 yards this season. On top of that, we made it to the AFC championship, or even the SB.Who here would forgive him? I'd still think he was a strange dude, but I'd probably try my best to forgive him.

I would absolutly forgive him. I hold no resentment about him retiring. That is his call. I have issues with hanging us out to dry by waiting until camp to say anything. We could enjoy the year in your scenario, thank him for his efforts, waive goodbye, and draft a young replacement next year.

Back
Top Bottom