Merged: Ricky to Meet with Dolphin Officials | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Ricky to Meet with Dolphin Officials

Phinz4Life said:
If Ricky did come back, I wonder what the chemistry would be between him and Seth. We all know our starting C made some remarks about Williams leaving, and then ol' Ricky had to go and say that Seth was the reason he got killed a few times.

That would be one hard apology by each. :shakeno:

they are pros. they might have beef off the field, but that stuff doesn't matter b/w the white lines, everybody is trying to win.

Phinz4Life said:
If Ricky did come back, I wonder what the chemistry would be between him and Seth. We all know our starting C made some remarks about Williams leaving, and then ol' Ricky had to go and say that Seth was the reason he got killed a few times.

That would be one hard apology by each. :shakeno:

Who cares, do you like every one of your co-workers?

If he comes back, one wonders how much pot he's smoked during his retirement and if he's ready to face the piss man?

Yup

xiidaen said:
If he comes back, one wonders how much pot he's smoked during his retirement and if he's ready to face the piss man?

because of what he said about "masking" it, he's going to get tested every time he has to go.

It's not about the money or his contract. LeBatard reported late Saturday night/early Sunday morning that Ricky had sold all of his fancy cars & donated that money to local schools. That doesn't sound like a guy who cares about money.

Personally i wouldnt want him back!! Apparently his heart is not in it... so do you really think he is going to TRY to play well??! He didnt try that much last year!! What makes this year different! I wouldnt want him back... we will do fine without him.

We're too screwed for this season without Ricky. If he came back from his trip gallavanting across the world with Lenny Kravitz, and said listen I made a mistake waiting so long to retire, and leaving the Dolphins with no options...I owe my teammates better than that. Even if he said he still means what he said about the offense being ridiculous the way they just keep feeding it to him over and over again, and even if he says he means what he said about retiring after this season because he has lost his love for football...

If he simply admitted that by timing this the way he did he made a mistake and he is willing to play one last season for his teammates' sake...I would certainly take him back. He admits he's being selfish. He and Seth McKinney don't have to kiss and make up or anything, Ricky's not the quarterback.

If I were the Dolphins FO and I managed to convince Ricky to sit down with us and discuss this decision of his, I would apprise him of plans to sue him for $8 million in court, and let him know that teams have had success recouping the same kinds of losses from both Barry Sanders and Eddie Kennison. And then I would give Ricky an option. Say listen, we respect that you don't have the desire to play football anymore...we respect your decision not to play. What we can't abide by, is the timing because it completely screws over the whole organization. If you come back and play this season for the Dolphins, just this season, we will not attempt to recoup any money from you after you retire in 2005.

I just wish Ricky would have talked this through in person with the Dolphins FO. Issues like recouping lost $$$ could have been brought up then. However, now he has done irreparable damage to his trustworthiness. Everybody would be on pins and needles wondering every day if he would retire again, or if he was giving 100%. Like someone said, "what if he decides to retire the eve of the payloffs or even the superbowl." The fact simply is that if he did come back, even if he was truly commited and dedicated to playing, the psychological impact to the team would be impossible to over come. So whatever his motives were, to truly retire or to get more$$$, the only possiblility we have to save any part of our season is to close the door. He is a cancer now

We be better of now hoping for a Minor/Henry miracle or the defense finaly playing with a chip on their shoulder and emulating the Ravens D of a few years back.

I don't like the whole idea of Miami "forcing" Ricky into playing, there just is no trust left in such a situation.

I say sue the man for the $8 million and just tell him the Miami Organization has as much right to be selfish as he does.

I completely

Despacio said:
I don't like the whole idea of Miami "forcing" Ricky into playing, there just is no trust left in such a situation.

I say sue the man for the $8 million and just tell him the Miami Organization has as much right to be selfish as he does.

agree with you. My first question to a friend who's another huge Dolphin fan was why can't we sue him to recoup some money? We need that money under our cap and I believe we every right to do so.

AZStryker said:
I just wish Ricky would have talked this through in person with the Dolphins FO. Issues like recouping lost $$$ could have been brought up then. However, now he has done irreparable damage to his trustworthiness. Everybody would be on pins and needles wondering every day if he would retire again, or if he was giving 100%. Like someone said, "what if he decides to retire the eve of the payloffs or even the superbowl." The fact simply is that if he did come back, even if he was truly commited and dedicated to playing, the psychological impact to the team would be impossible to over come. So whatever his motives were, to truly retire or to get more$$$, the only possiblility we have to save any part of our season is to close the door. He is a cancer now

We be better of now hoping for a Minor/Henry miracle or the defense finaly playing with a chip on their shoulder and emulating the Ravens D of a few years back.
You have to ask yourself where was his "new" agent during all of this.Steinberg was as surprised as anyone else.The guy is a Whacko.Didnt even talk to his agenr b4 making his decision.

ckparrothead said:
We're too screwed for this season without Ricky. If he came back from his trip gallavanting across the world with Lenny Kravitz, and said listen I made a mistake waiting so long to retire, and leaving the Dolphins with no options...I owe my teammates better than that. Even if he said he still means what he said about the offense being ridiculous the way they just keep feeding it to him over and over again, and even if he says he means what he said about retiring after this season because he has lost his love for football...

If he simply admitted that by timing this the way he did he made a mistake and he is willing to play one last season for his teammates' sake...I would certainly take him back. He admits he's being selfish. He and Seth McKinney don't have to kiss and make up or anything, Ricky's not the quarterback.

If I were the Dolphins FO and I managed to convince Ricky to sit down with us and discuss this decision of his, I would apprise him of plans to sue him for $8 million in court, and let him know that teams have had success recouping the same kinds of losses from both Barry Sanders and Eddie Kennison. And then I would give Ricky an option. Say listen, we respect that you don't have the desire to play football anymore...we respect your decision not to play. What we can't abide by, is the timing because it completely screws over the whole organization. If you come back and play this season for the Dolphins, just this season, we will not attempt to recoup any money from you after you retire in 2005.
This is exactly how I feel. Good post, ck.

Back
Top Bottom