MERGED: Sanchez still the same player | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Sanchez still the same player

i didn't notice it was a 3 step drop...probably was on both those throws...

i didn't notice it was a 3 step drop...probably was on both those throws...

Similar to the slant route Henne threw to Marshall that he dropped... it was a pre-determined throw... Marshall was the only WR on the field with 3 TE's in the game... there was no progressions to go through...

I wouldn't neccessarily say that Henne threw that pass "behind" Marshall either... he threw where he HAD to throw it... Same thing happened on the pass to LT on the quick slant when he motioned out of the backfield to make an empty look..

Watch what happens this year if the Jets run that exact same play and the LB's blitz..... big gain..

What is it more.. the Giants CB's suck or the Jets' receivers are really good? They are open on every play.

i'm trying to figure out the best way to attack the jets defense...i would think run the ball and get yourself in manageable downs and distances where they can't go to those exotic blitz packages but the jets run d is damn good...i would say take advantage of their attacking the ball style with a lot of screens etc but henne isn't all that adept at selling them for one and i'm pretty sure whatever henning has in the arsenal the jets have seen in that dept...the balls gotta come out fast and the wrs have to win one on one matchups in a hurry...and henne's gotta find it quick...

bunch formations vs man would give henne easy reads...

Similar to the slant route Henne threw to Marshall that he dropped... it was a pre-determined throw... Marshall was the only WR on the field with 3 TE's in the game... there was no progressions to go through...

I wouldn't neccessarily say that Henne threw that pass "behind" Marshall either... he threw where he HAD to throw it... Same thing happened on the pass to LT on the quick slant when he motioned out of the backfield to make an empty look..

Watch what happens this year if the Jets run that exact same play and the LB's blitz..... big gain..

that's what worries me...lt with a ss matchup in coverage down the field...

i'm trying to figure out the best way to attack the jets defense...i would think run the ball and get yourself in manageable downs and distances where they can't go to those exotic blitz packages but the jets run d is damn good...i would say take advantage of their attacking the ball style with a lot of screens etc but henne isn't all that adept at selling them for one and i'm pretty sure whatever henning has in the arsenal the jets have seen in that dept...the balls gotta come out fast and the wrs have to win one on one matchups in a hurry...and henne's gotta find it quick...

bunch formations vs man would give henne easy reads...

I think you need to spread them out with 4-5 WR sets so they can't overload blitz you to one side...(kinda like the offense the Patriots run)...

You want to get them out of their strength packages (base) and make them take their LB's off the field in favor of their 4th and 5th defensive backs... but your 4th and 5th receivers have to be better than their 4th-5th defensive backs...

I think that's why they signed Cromartie and drafted Kyle Wilson... so when teams try to spread them out and attack them that way, they're playing into the strengths of the Jets.... they can match up with your 4 and 5 WR sets...

So you might be forced to spread them out 4 wide and then try to run the ball.... the chess matches are very interesting..

This Victor Cruz guy is killing it out there.. where the hell did he come from?

I think you need to spread them out with 4-5 WR sets so they can't overload blitz you to one side...(kinda like the offense the Patriots run)...

You want to get them out of their strength packages (base) and make them take their LB's off the field in favor of their 4th and 5th defensive backs... but your 4th and 5th receivers have to be better than their 4th-5th defensive backs...

I think that's why they signed Cromartie and drafted Kyle Wilson... so when teams try to spread them out and attack them that way, they're playing into the strengths of the Jets.... they can match up with your 4 and 5 WR sets...

So you might be forced to spread them out 4 wide and then try to run the ball.... the chess matches are very interesting..

if i can get dwight lowery on the field...i'm doing whatever it takes...cause i think he's a weakness to exploit...

Sanchez played great last night. The pick was tipped and he bounced back playing excellent football and on the TD pass he recognized the Giants were a mess w/ 12 guys and no one covering Brad Smith. Very positive night for Mark but most important was no injuries.

Anybody who watched that game and came away with the thought that Sanchez looked like the same player is kinda lost.

this thread was just a knee-jerk reaction to one play where i think everyone knew that it was going to LT once he split out......as you can see the OP hasn't even bothered to come back to the thread. wonder why?

Sanchez played great last night. The pick was tipped and he bounced back playing excellent football and on the TD pass he recognized the Giants were a mess w/ 12 guys and no one covering Brad Smith. Very positive night for Mark but most important was no injuries.

exactly. funn thting i saw a comment here form a phins fan saying " i bet the jets fans are actually gonna be impressed with that td pass in sanchez' stats". uh yeah whats not to like? he put together a great drive and then recognized the giants defense wasn't set and took advantage for the score. thats smart qb'ing right there. take advantage of the other teams mistakes. great execution imo

exactly. funn thting i saw a comment here form a phins fan saying " i bet the jets fans are actually gonna be impressed with that td pass in sanchez' stats". uh yeah whats not to like? he put together a great drive and then recognized the giants defense wasn't set and took advantage for the score. thats smart qb'ing right there. take advantage of the other teams mistakes. great execution imo

I was sitting in that EZ and I saw what was going on and was hoping Mark would recognize, as a rookie w/ a million things spinning in your head he probably doesn't. He looked very good and I'm happy w/ what I saw. Again, more than anything else I care about his health b/c I think he's going to be good whether he has a bad preseason or not but so far he's had one good game and looks very confident out there.

Back
Top Bottom