MERGED: Sean Smith Cited in Alleged Drunk Driving Incident | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Sean Smith Cited in Alleged Drunk Driving Incident

I for one would have preferred to keep him for his potential, but if healthy Grimes is much more than merely a consolation prize.

Re: Good thing we let Sean Smith go.

Smith was a good player in the wrong system. He will develop into a good cb if used correctly in KC.

I for one would have preferred to keep him for his potential, but if healthy Grimes is much more than merely a consolation prize.

Me too but definitley not at the amount he wanted. Likely nowhere close to what he wanted.

---------- Post added at 03:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:26 PM ----------

If he plays like the did the first half of last season, yes, if he plays like did the second half of last season, definitely not.
Smith was a good player in the wrong system. He will develop into a good cb if used correctly in KC.

Re: Good thing we let Sean Smith go.

We saw his potential. His potential is the same as an ice cream cone in hell. Soft and melting as the day goes on.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

sorry, after years of waiting for multiple players to "realize" their potential, i'm pretty much going by the year three rule, if they aren't playing to their potential by year three, we're wasting our time.

Smith needs to be played on the boundary where he can use his advantage of long length,arms reach along with the sideline to blanket recievers. If you are asking him to stay step by step with a slashing, quick reciever in the slot he is dead in the water

He played prilmarily on the boundary and blew at it.

Smith needs to be played on the boundary where he can use his advantage of long length,arms reach along with the sideline to blanket recievers. If you are asking him to stay step by step with a slashing, quick reciever in the slot he is dead in the water

I just can't see him working inside....he will look lost. Good luck with him KC - enjoy his preseason highlight reel

Smiths lack of awareness and inability to locate the ball will settle in just fine in KC. Maybe the slot will be better for him....he wont have to turn around and run as often

KC already has 2 All-Pros there in Berry and Flowers, so Smith will be a nice compliment to those guys and probably benefit statistically from it. To me he is at best an average #2CB and that is his ceiling. We took a shot at his "potential" and he never lived up to it. For what we paid him (4years, $3.2 Million) he was worth it. What KC paid him (3year, $18 Million, $11Million guaranteed), NO THANKS.

sorry, after years of waiting for multiple players to "realize" their potential, i'm pretty much going by the year three rule, if they aren't playing to their potential by year three, we're wasting our time.

Hey, Jason Allen is GOING to develop!

Back
Top Bottom