Merged: Senior Bowl Players' Analysis | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Senior Bowl Players' Analysis

Miami_Dolphins

Believer
Reaction score
My Jay Cutler/other Senior Bowlers analysis

I saw the senior bowl game thread, but this is really just my personal overview of the players, and who miami should look at.,

Oh, and please forgive me for not getting all the names right, i tried to keep mental notes while at a relatives house, nothings perfect, ut im sure you'll understand who i mean.\

DJ Shockley looks terrible, his stock is plummeting. His throws were everywhere, and he was very immobile.

Jay Cutler looked pretty bad, imo. He made some crap descisions, ran instead of scambline and looking for an open man, horrible 2 minute drill, got picked in the endzone.

Marcus Mcneill is
wfcensored-1.gif
ing awesome, that catch ruled. He's big, looks pretty slim, and he's got a lot of talent. Extremely good pick if we get him 2nd round.

Croyle looked pretty good, and from what i heard, he looked good in practice too. Definately a QB i'd look out for, Maybe another consideration for Qb.

Will Blackmon has looked pretty decent, but i didnt see much

Michael Robinson is a great running QB, but i think he should convert to WR. Fast, can get away form tacklers, and hes pretty big.

I like Tye Hill, he looks pretty good, his stock is dramatically rising.
Definately a corner miami should look at.

Continuing to watch Jay Cutler, he excessively scrambles, he threw a TD there, but on the same drive he got lucky, and someone dropped a pick. Not worth a first rounder, and i think he's a reach with the 16th pick, but with some practice he could be good. Still dont think hes worth the 16th pick.

Take it for what it's worth, ust my opinions.

Miami_Dolphins said:
Marcus Mcneill is
wfcensored-1.gif
ing awesome, that catch ruled. He's big, looks pretty slim, and he's got a lot of talent. Extremely good pick if we get him 2nd round.

gezz, i didnt know catching a ball as a OLineman can get you so much love. did you not see the beginning of that play when he got destroyed off the line and let his guy go right by for the pressure and hit on the QB?

Miami_Dolphins said:
I saw the senior bowl game thread, but this is really just my personal overview of the players, and who miami should look at.,

Oh, and please forgive me for not getting all the names right, i tried to keep mental notes while at a relatives house, nothings perfect, ut im sure you'll understand who i mean.\

DJ Shockley looks terrible, his stock is plummeting. His throws were everywhere, and he was very immobile.

Jay Cutler looked pretty bad, imo. He made some crap descisions, ran instead of scambline and looking for an open man, horrible 2 minute drill, got picked in the endzone.

Marcus Mcneill is
wfcensored-1.gif

Croyle looked pretty good, and from what i heard, he looked good in practice too. Definately a QB i'd look out for, Maybe another consideration for Qb.

Will Blackmon has looked pretty decent, but i didnt see much

Michael Robinson is a great running QB, but i think he should convert to WR. Fast, can get away form tacklers, and hes pretty big.

I like Tye Hill, he looks pretty good, his stock is dramatically rising.
Definately a corner miami should look at.

Continuing to watch Jay Cutler, he excessively scrambles, he threw a TD there, but on the same drive he got lucky, and someone dropped a pick. Not worth a first rounder, and i think he's a reach with the 16th pick, but with some practice he could be good. Still dont think hes worth the 16th pick.

Take it for what it's worth, ust my opinions.
I agree with your analysis and would like to add that none of the QBs that are playing today are worth a first round pick.

Nappy Roots said:
gezz, i didnt know catching a ball as a OLineman can get you so much love. did you not see the beginning of that play when he got destroyed off the line and let his guy go right by for the pressure and hit on the QB?

Hey bud, get the bug out of your butt and lighten up...it was a JOKE.

:lol: :wink:

I'd be extremely pleased if we can somehow land Croyle in the 2nd...:D

btw you gotta love how they were calling Cutler's release "Marino-esque"...too bad he'll be gone in the top 10, my guess to Detroit if NYJ pass on him...

I'm pretty confident that Meuller and Saban can come up with a talented QB.

Huff or Justice are my current wish list. I'd take Cutler if he's there, but I don't think he will be. If he isn't, either of those two guys would float my boat.

I'd rather get Whitehurst with a 3rd or late second. What I would love to see is our first go to SD for Rivers or Brees.

G-Force said:
I'd rather get Whitehurst with a 3rd or late second. What I would love to see is our first go to SD for Rivers or Brees.

I'd make that trade in a heartbeat, but I don't think either's up for sale. Brees has the injury, and Rivers is still on the rookie contract. I think Brees gets signed long-term, and Rivers is traded late in the offseason or right before the deadline.

In_Flames said:
I'd be extremely pleased if we can somehow land Croyle in the 2nd...:D

btw you gotta love how they were calling Cutler's release "Marino-esque"...too bad he'll be gone in the top 10...

I agree. I thought Croyle looked good. He needs to pack on some weight IMO. I also thought Whitehurst looked impressive. His first drive he was 5/5 with a TD. I am not saying these guys are the answer, but I would draft Croyle in the second rd.

I know we have no chance, but D'Brick Furgeson looked AWESOME. I would love to get this kid. He seemed very nice and articulate during his interview.

I am a big CANES fan, but Winston didn't look good at all. I know he had a serious injury, but he didn't do anything to help himself.

Well, those are my thoughts. Yours?

I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE DRAFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :dolphins:

I personally think our best options are croyle, jacobs, or rivers. I good apporach is to send our first and a player for rivers, and then take ncneill or tye hill in the 2nd

I like Whitehurst.....I saw him play a few times and thought he had great poise and leadership qualities....he looked like he could wing it pretty well, but, that's about the extent of my scouting on him.....

he did LOOK like a QB....know what I mean?

I just don't see this love for Brodie Croyle that some posters have. I don't have anything personal against the guy but I do not think he will ever be a starting NFL qb.

I hope the Dolphins do not draft Croyle.

here we go, ill rank the players that we can get at each of our need posistions

Quarterback
1.Croyle
2.Jacobs
3.Hackney
4.Cutler

Cornerback
1.Ko Simpson
2. Tye Hill
3. Will Blackmon

Linemen
1. Jon Scott
2. the USC linemen...im drawing a blank on the name

G-Force said:

I liked Croyle but I wanted to see more Whitehurst who I thought was good. Cutler has the skills no doubt. The pick in the endzone was just a great play by Griffin, who i think is a very good player who can play CB/S. you cannot judge everything on these games. Every one is talking Dbrickshaw as great but even he made mistakes and got used on that one play.

In the end, I think cutler could still be ours at 16 if teams pass on him. Croyle in the second round is probably more feasable. If Saban ends up likeing Whitelhurts more then maybe he takes a LT first, a S/CB second, and Whitehurst later. But who really knows? There is no consistancy in these games cus they go in for two rounds and come out.

neuce said:
I just don't see this love for Brodie Croyle that some posters have. I don't have anything personal against the guy but I do not think he will ever be a starting NFL qb.

I hope the Dolphins do not draft Croyle.

Hes worht the 2nd rounder. He's got a lot of talent, but the lack of a deep ball will draw miami away.

Back
Top Bottom