Merged: Senior Bowl Players' Analysis | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Senior Bowl Players' Analysis

we could possibly land either Huff or Jimmy Williams with our 1st...which im hoping for....

I think Winston Justice is a really, really strong selection.

I saw an interview with him where he discussed his "incident" that all the draftniks will be talking about, and he seemed very sincere when he apologized and said it was a prank and he needed to take things more seriously (toy gun).

He's certainly raw, and scouts talk about his rust from his year off, but he shows the potential to be a dominating LT. He could come in and play either LT or RT for us. Carey + Justice could be a really exciting young bookend combo (with Carey better suited for LT than RT, it will help to let Justice develop as a RT).

I think he's there when we pick, and if it were me, I'd take a long look.

Miami_Dolphins said:
here we go, ill rank the players that we can get at each of our need posistions

Quarterback
1.Croyle
2.Jacobs
3.Hackney
4.Cutler

Cornerback
1.Ko Simpson
2. Tye Hill
3. Will Blackmon

Linemen
1. Jon Scott
2. the USC linemen...im drawing a blank on the name

You lost me when you ranked Jacobs higher then Cutler.

Cutler is a top 10 pick...Jacobs is a 4th-5th round clipboard holder.

Miami_Dolphins said:
here we go, ill rank the players that we can get at each of our need posistions

Quarterback
1.Croyle
2.Jacobs
3.Hackney
4.Cutler

Cornerback
1.Ko Simpson
2. Tye Hill
3. Will Blackmon

Linemen
1. Jon Scott
2. the USC linemen...im drawing a blank on the name

I want absolutely nothing to do with Hackney.

infiltrateib said:
I'd make that trade in a heartbeat, but I don't think either's up for sale. Brees has the injury, and Rivers is still on the rookie contract. I think Brees gets signed long-term, and Rivers is traded late in the offseason or right before the deadline.
Yeah you never know though. I think their will be a quality qb in the later rounds like Whitehurst in the 3rd for example. I would like to get someone to develope like that and have a veteran next year than to risk a high pick for someone without much more potential than him. He is a coaches son and has worked through 3 or 4 differant OC's at Clemson and always seems to persavere. Croyle has had injuries and Cutler didn't impress me as much as Whitehusrt has watching him for four years. Thats just me though and I leave it to Saban to take the risks if necessary.

unifiedtheory said:

I betcha Cutler ends up holding a clipboard as well. Nothing against Cutler but the NFL is not exactly a place where a QB comes right in and lights it up.

finfan54 said:
I want absolutely nothing to do with Hackney.
What about McNiel...is that his name? Reggie.....I've heard some good stuff about him this week....

unifiedtheory said:

I strongly disagree. Everyone is raving over cutler, i see a QB who never hesistates to run, instead of standing in there, taking the hit, and complteing the 20 yard pass.

Jacobs is a more talented player than cutler. He's raw, but with the right coaching, he can easily be a better player than cutler could dream of

unifiedtheory said:

:sidelol: :sidelol:

infiltrateib said:
I think Winston Justice is a really, really strong selection.

I saw an interview with him where he discussed his "incident" that all the draftniks will be talking about, and he seemed very sincere when he apologized and said it was a prank and he needed to take things more seriously (toy gun).

He's certainly raw, and scouts talk about his rust from his year off, but he shows the potential to be a dominating LT. He could come in and play either LT or RT for us. Carey + Justice could be a really exciting young bookend combo (with Carey better suited for LT than RT, it will help to let Justice develop as a RT).

I think he's there when we pick, and if it were me, I'd take a long look.

i could go for this:

1.Winston Justice LT/RT
2. Cedric Griffin CB/S
3. Brodie Croyle/whitehurst
4. a Guard

IMO Jacobs is more of a project, he should have went back to school this year and come out next draft....I have him ranked however behind Cutler and Croyle for sure, then its a tossup...

1. Ko Simpson, S/CB
2. Marques McNeill, G
3. Omar Jacobs, QB/Croyle, QB
4. Jacobs/Croyle

In_Flames said:
IMO Jacobs is more of a project, he should have went back to school this year and come out next draft....I have him ranked however behind Cutler and Croyle for sure, then its a tossup...

Manuel Wright was a project too. You can take on these projects when you have coaches like we do,.

QB's at senior bowl

Impressed me:

Charlie whitehurst
he has great arm strength.hes accurate and has great mechanics.the best foot work of all the QB's there.

Brodie Croyle
he really stood out to me.i thought he wasnt a good QB because i saw him against auburn and he got dominated and i thought that florida game was a fluke.He could throw the ball deep and accurate like the throw to moss.he was accurate over the middle and made good decisions except for his int.he showed a good sign of brilliance when tamba halli came and brought him down and he held onto the ball.

Dissapointed me:

Jay Cutler
i saw good arm strength and a nice quick release out of him but he has the worst footwork of all the QB's.i think people overhyped him a little bit but i think he will bounce back.but the play i was dissapointed in was his int.he didnt throw the ball so he could lead the reciever to the right he threw it right at the reciver and griffin i believe it was made a nice play.

D.J. Shockly
i thought if he was drafted somewhere he would be a steal after watching the sugar bowl but he couldnt throw the ball what soever.was to all over the place in the pocket.

Darell Hackney
he just could not simply throw the ball near his recievers.he was bad out there and really needs to do well at the combine for him to be even drafted near the first day.

I dont even know what to say about Michael Robinson because i dont even know if hes a quarterback or a wide reciever but i think he could be a good QB.

Your thoughts?

Back
Top Bottom