Merged: Senior Bowl Players' Analysis | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Senior Bowl Players' Analysis

In_Flames said:
Cutler top 10, Jacobs 4th rounder....nuff said

1998 NFL draft:

Ryan leaf, top 10, Brian Griese 3rd round.

I know griese isint the perfect example, but hes a hellofalot better than leaf was.

Miami_Dolphins said:
It was a 7 yard route in the gut of a 250 pound TE...a LOT of NFL Qbs could have made that throw...even feeley could have

it wasn't necessarily who was on the end of the pass (and by the way, it was derek hagan, wr), it was the release and velocity. no hitch in the throw, it was just gone. unless everyone, including the guys calling the game, saw a different game, the rankings going into the draft are leinhart, young, cutler (top three), croyle, jacobs, whitehurst (next three). i guess, more than anything, this is just something no one is going to agree upon.

You cant take too much from these games. Look at Philip Rivers in this game last year and now everyone in the league is questioning him now. Cutler is ranked higher because he is prototypical size and has the skills needed and played very well on a crappy team compared to the rest of the league. I do think the overhype on cutler will come to a halt and believe it or not, he could be available to us at 16, but that will depend on other players stocks rising and teams going for those players instead. Croyle's prob is that he is an injury risk and the weight, as said before. Saban would not care about this fact if we draft him 2nd round and on. More likely 3rd. Whitehurst I believe scored some points today too and may actually have less ?

I watched cutler, and he didnt look like someone i trust. I would rathe rhave omar jocobs and someone like jonothan scott, thanks.

Miami_Dolphins said:
I watched cutler, and he didnt look like someone i trust. I would rathe rhave omar jocobs and someone like jonothan scott, thanks.

ok, what games did you watch?

In_Flames said:
Cutler will go either 4th overall to the Jets, 6th overall to the Raiders, 9th overall to the Lions, or 10th to the Cards...he's not making it past the top 10..no way

Unless Norv Turner likes Croyle and drafts him in the third round. This is the other thing we need to watch out for, other teams may want to pass on Cutler and go for Croyle/Whitehurst later when they pick before us again later! Lions may not want to invest their 1st rounder in a guy who would either sit for one year or get pummeled right out of the gates.

Miami_Dolphins said:
You guys can laugh all you want, it just shows how narrow minded you all are. Once we dont get cutler, you'll all be ready to riot. When cutler is an average QB, and miami gets a guy that headlines this franchise for years, you'll all look pretty stupid.

if we don't get cutler, it will be because he's gone in the top ten. if he's there at #16, i'd be shocked if we didn't take him. i'm pretty sure whomever we end up drafting will enjoy a good measure of success, given that the franchise is on the upswing and saban will make sure he's surrounded with talent. i guess those of us that like the idea of drafting cutler are looking for a qb that has big upside, a guy that can carry a team (if necessary), big arm. a pro. croyle may be a great choice in the third round, but he'll never be that kinda guy. so i guess it depends upon what kind of qb you are looking for - a franchise guy, or a caretaker type, like we've had for a very long time now. i'm sure whomever we draft will be fine, because i have a great deal of faith in saban/mueller, but it would be nice to have a qb that strikes fear into the heart of defenses again. the only thing that will scare defenses about croyle is the fact that they might kill him.

"I don't get it. You're saying that all players taken in the middle rounds will be better than highly projected picks? :confused:

If you want to make a case for a top ten bust such as Leaf, make one for Peyton Manning."

Listen bud, the guy who i quoted and said that to claimed that cutler was better because hes projected to go top 10, and jacobs is a projected 3-4th rounder. Alright? It has nothing to do with me saying all late round picks will be better than the early ones....so stop changing my words and read the posts, ok? Thanks.

IMO, I wouldn't at all be surprised to see Croyle or Whitehurst sneak into the first round/early second. With great combines and team workouts, some teams may jump, forcing other teams to reach for them in order to get them.

finfan54 said:
You cant take too much from these games. Look at Philip Rivers in this game last year and now everyone in the league is questioning him now. Cutler is ranked higher because he is prototypical size and has the skills needed and played very well on a crappy team compared to the rest of the league. I do think the overhype on cutler will come to a halt and believe it or not, he could be available to us at 16, but that will depend on other players stocks rising and teams going for those players instead. Croyle's prob is that he is an injury risk and the weight, as said before. Saban would not care about this fact if we draft him 2nd round and on. More likely 3rd. Whitehurst I believe scored some points today too and may actually have less ?
None of these guys is better than Phillip. He is stuck behind a pro bowler and has'nt got his shot. None and I mean none of the players you saw today or the two you didn't is anywhere near Rivers. Yes I mean Leinart and Young.

also...

...the thing i liked about cutler was how pissed he looked when someone dropped a catchable ball. reminded me of someone...

Miami_Dolphins said:
It was a 7 yard route in the gut of a 250 pound TE...a LOT of NFL Qbs could have made that throw...even feeley could have
It was a 7 yard route in the gut of a 202 lb WR that was fired into traffic and was in the reciever's chest before you even realized he threw the ball. If you watch it again you will see that it was not as easy as he made it look.

The guy who will steal the show and be worth all the marbles is Invincible Young. you watch. the dude will take over the NFL and create yet another evolution of the game. We do not want this guy to go to the Jets. Thats all I know for sure.

finfan54 said:
The guy who will steal the show and be worth all the marbles is Invincible Young. you watch. the dude will take over the NFL and create yet another evolution of the game. We do not want this guy to go to the Jets. Thats all I know for sure.
He will be like Vick more than likely. He will set the league on fire and after a couple of injuries he will wilt to mediocracy IMO.

Back
Top Bottom