Merged: Senior Bowl Players' Analysis | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Senior Bowl Players' Analysis

G-Force said:
Riding the bench behind a probowler. Phillip didn't have the job to lose and if he ever got it a probowler will be on the bench behind him. Why do you people implie he is a bust? Every coach, scout, and people with any knowledge of football will tell you Phillip will be a star when he gets a chance.

Wonder if the 49er fans said that about Steve Spurrier when he was riding the pine behind John Brodie? (This JOKE is probably only going to fly with the 40+ crowd...)

unifiedtheory said:
You lost me when you ranked Jacobs higher then Cutler.

Cutler is a top 10 pick...Jacobs is a 4th-5th round clipboard holder.

Jacobs and Hackney!
Priceless! :lol:

finfan54 said:
Unless Norv Turner likes Croyle and drafts him in the third round. This is the other thing we need to watch out for, other teams may want to pass on Cutler and go for Croyle/Whitehurst later when they pick before us again later! Lions may not want to invest their 1st rounder in a guy who would either sit for one year or get pummeled right out of the gates.

Why would the 49ers take a QB?

Maybe someone can answer this. The hype surrounding Cutler was he needed a great Senior Bowl and combine to make himself an early first round pick. So the question is, did this game do that for him or did it make him look more like the second round talent he was first pegged as? I know practices and other intangibles factor into the equation but we (as fans) gotta make due with what we can see in games right?

DolphinsRising said:
Maybe someone can answer this. The hype surrounding Cutler was he needed a great Senior Bowl and combine to make himself an early first round pick. So the question is, did this game do that for him or did it make him look more like the second round talent he was first pegged as? I know practices and other intangibles factor into the equation but we (as fans) gotta make due with what we can see in games right?

Well, the game itself did NOT help him, but from what I understand the practices DID.

If anyone actually thought he "needed" a great senior bowl... well, then they won't want him. i tend to doubt most thought that, though.

How about some discussion on a position other then QB?

I liked Moss out of Miami U bout the only WR that stood out to me, and would
be a viable pick in the 2nd round.

Max Gean-Jiles (sp?) looked like a beast at the guard position, and is projected
as prob the only guard to go 1st round. Personally I am hoping Alabi and Carey
will progress futher this off-season and drafting a talented guard will fill out our
O-Line nicely.

Addae out of WVU would fit our zone blitz scheme well at the safty position. I
am a WVU fan and have watched him play bout every game. I see him listed
at nfldraftcountdown.com at 6ft 205lbs, and 40 time at 4.65 Athough looks
like the Senior Bowl listed him near 5ft 10in. Anyways past that, the guy is a
heavy hitter and has good hands. Lacks good man coverage skills, and lacks
the speed ya look for. Projected 7th, or FA. Hopefully we can bring him in to
compete as FA for a spot. Smart kid and dang, he hits like a truck.

ZolarZ_GoPhins said:
How about some discussion on a position other then QB?

Max Gean-Jiles (sp?) looked like a beast at the guard position, and is projected
as prob the only guard to go 1st round. Personally I am hoping Alabi and Carey
will progress futher this off-season and drafting a talented guard will fill out our
O-Line nicely.

Addae out of WVU would fit our zone blitz scheme well at the safty position. I
am a WVU fan and have watched him play bout every game. I see him listed
at nfldraftcountdown.com at 6ft 205lbs, and 40 time at 4.65 Athough looks
like the Senior Bowl listed him near 5ft 10in. Anyways past that, the guy is a
heavy hitter and has good hands. Lacks good man coverage skills, and lacks
the speed ya look for. Projected 7th, or FA. Hopefully we can bring him in to
compete as FA for a spot. Smart kid and dang, he hits like a truck.

Pretty sharp analysis there. Havent seen you much on this sight but you should keep offering more of your viewpoints. Good Stuff. Giles was a beast today. I haven't scouted the secondary yet but good point that we need a defensive back that fits our scheme

Read the site every day enjoy it alot. Post some =)

Mostly the same QB stories over and over and get tired of that. I really doubt
we pick a QB in this draft since we got Lemon already, most likely bring in a
FA to compete for spot.
I would say 3rd/4th we might see a QB on the board
at those spots but nor real excited bout those folks. Cutler will be gone by time
we pick in 1st, Croyle will be avail prob in the 2nd but I think he lacks the
mobility Saban is looking for, but I do like the guy, prob early 3rd.

Anyways that is all I got to say about that.

Thanx for the compliment,

Go Phins !

Miami_Dolphins said:
here we go, ill rank the players that we can get at each of our need posistions

Quarterback
1.Croyle
2.Jacobs
3.Hackney
4.Cutler

Cornerback
1.Ko Simpson
2. Tye Hill
3. Will Blackmon

Linemen
1. Jon Scott
2. the USC linemen...im drawing a blank on the name

No way on the QB's, Cutler is clearly #1. And what about D. Ferg at Olinemen ?

finfan54 said:
I want absolutely nothing to do with Hackney.

If we draft Hackney, then I will hack up my dolphins gear...kidding, but in all seriousness this guy is not going to be a good QB.

Miami_Dolphins said:

Jay Cutler looked pretty bad, imo. He made some crap descisions, ran instead of scambline and looking for an open man, horrible 2 minute drill, got picked in the endzone.

Croyle looked pretty good, and from what i heard, he looked good in practice too. Definately a QB i'd look out for, Maybe another consideration for Qb.

Continuing to watch Jay Cutler, he excessively scrambles, he threw a TD there, but on the same drive he got lucky, and someone dropped a pick. Not worth a first rounder, and i think he's a reach with the 16th pick, but with some practice he could be good. Still dont think hes worth the 16th pick.

Take it for what it's worth, ust my opinions.

I hope the teams drafting ahead of us share your kneejerk perception of talent, where a player has one week to learn a system and adjust to playing with new receivers and teammates.

Did everybody turn the game off after the first quarter?

Did you miss the drops Cutlers receivers had?

Did you miss Croyles interception?

Miami_Dolphins said:
here we go, ill rank the players that we can get at each of our need posistions

Quarterback
1.Croyle
2.Jacobs
3.Hackney
4.Cutler

:sidelol: .........Dude, your credibility just suffered a major slide.

unifiedtheory said:
You lost me when you ranked Jacobs higher then Cutler.

Cutler is a top 10 pick...Jacobs is a 4th-5th round clipboard holder.

He lost most, he also posted that Croyle doesn't have a long ball, the one thing Croyle does have is a strong arm.

Agua said:
If Cutler is a "top 10" pick, he must be a hell of a lot better than what he showed today.

There is a reason that for quarterbacks in particular, teams don't put much stock in the actual Senior Bowl game.

They have one week to learn a system, with new coaches and teammates.

Its the raw clay they are evaluating to see if they can mold it.

Clearly Cutler is the most talented overall QB that played in the senior bowl, and that is why, contrary to many of you experts, he will be the first round pick among the QB's in this Senior Bowl, while your champions will go in later rounds.

ZolarZ_GoPhins said:
Yeah I would take him or Croyle in the second, I think Cutler's stock may have dropped a little but he's still a top 10 pick.

Back
Top Bottom