Merged: Senior Bowl Players' Analysis | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Senior Bowl Players' Analysis

Miami_Dolphins said:
1998 NFL draft:

Ryan leaf, top 10, Brian Griese 3rd round.

I know griese isint the perfect example, but hes a hellofalot better than leaf was.

And neither one will ever win a Superbowl, but what the hell has any of that got to with talent evaluation regarding players this year?

Cutler will not be there when we pick kids... No chance... There was an article on the front page of ESPN.com yesterday claiming Cutler was the best of the BIG 3! You must be kidding... He is on everyone's radar.

Croyle has the tools but is seriously injury prone... Whitehurst is the best all round solution... raw but coachable... Get him for sure in the second, possibly even third and let saban work with him. Pick up a defensive stud in the first...

Please let HUff be on the board... Please let Huff be on the board... Please let Huff... You get the picture.

BlueFin said:
There is a reason that for quarterbacks in particular, teams don't put much stock in the actual Senior Bowl game.

They have one week to learn a system, with new coaches and teammates.

Its the raw clay they are evaluating to see if they can mold it.

Clearly Cutler is the most talented overall QB that played in the senior bowl, and that is why, contrary to many of you experts, he will be the first round pick among the QB's in this draft, while your champions will go in later rounds.

So I waded through 7 pages of BS before I found a solid post. Glad someone else looks at these things realistically. :D

BlueFin said:
There is a reason that for quarterbacks in particular, teams don't put much stock in the actual Senior Bowl game.

They have one week to learn a system, with new coaches and teammates.

Its the raw clay they are evaluating to see if they can mold it.

Clearly Cutler is the most talented overall QB that played in the senior bowl, and that is why, contrary to many of you experts, he will be the first round pick among the QB's in this draft, while your champions will go in later rounds.

Perhaps that the way you look at it....but Rivers didn't rise until he played the game....while the scouts and GM's are mostly gone before the game...they indeed get the game film...if they game didn't matter....why would they want it?
Practice is practice...but it's the games where players either rise or fall...the NFL doesn't sell T.V. rights to practices...but to games. What if a player practices great...but when the heat is on...can't play against players that are as good as he is? It all matters....and it's that clear and simple.

ZolarZ_GoPhins said:
How about some discussion on a position other then QB?

good post...good idea. giles was a monster for sure, the two other guys that caught my attention were tamba hali and roman harper. hali looked awesome in the fourth quarter, and i was impressed with harper coming up from the secondary to make some contact. i've been a 'qb in the first round' guy on this site, but if qb is not possible and we go defense, i'd be excited if hali was there. d-end isn't necessarily in need of an upgrade (lb and secondary would be more of a priority), but i thought that guy was impressive.

Miami_Dolphins said:
1998 NFL draft:

Ryan leaf, top 10, Brian Griese 3rd round.

I know griese isint the perfect example, but hes a hellofalot better than leaf was.

If there is a Ryan Leaf in this draft, its Matt Leinart. Huge ego, spoiled with all that talent around him at USC, lets see how well he adjusts to going from that to the New Orleans Saints.

cowtowndick said:
good post...good idea. giles was a monster for sure, the two other guys that caught my attention were tamba hali and roman harper. hali looked awesome in the fourth quarter, and i was impressed with harper coming up from the secondary to make some contact. i've been a 'qb in the first round' guy on this site, but if qb is not possible and we go defense, i'd be excited if hali was there. d-end isn't necessarily in need of an upgrade (lb and secondary would be more of a priority), but i thought that guy was impressive.

I agree, Hali looked great although it be hard to take a DE in the 1st with the needs we have. If Cutler's not possible, I'd love Huff or another top DB.

SpeedRush99 said:
If there is a Ryan Leaf in this draft, its Matt Leinart. Huge ego, spoiled with all that talent around him at USC, lets see how well he adjusts to going from that to the New Orleans Saints.
he seems like a very humble guy. ryan leaf didn't listen to anyone.

Juan Cribbs said:
he seems like a very humble guy. ryan leaf didn't listen to anyone.

Humble? I know your not talking about Leinart! :eek:

SpeedRush99 said:
Humble? I know your not talking about Leinart! :eek:
i've never heard him do or say anything unhumble. every interview with him he seems very relaxed, he talks about how great his teammates are, he says he voted for reggie bush for the heisman and for bush to be team MVP....doesn't seem like a huge ego at all.

Juan Cribbs said:
i've never heard him do or say anything unhumble. every interview with him he seems very relaxed, he talks about how great his teammates are, he says he voted for reggie bush for the heisman and for bush to be team MVP....doesn't seem like a huge ego at all.

Wow, I've never heard anyone say that about him. I assume you didn't see any interviews with him after the Rose Bowl when he wouldn't stop saying how they were still the better team.

SpeedRush99 said:
Wow, I've never heard anyone say that about him. I assume you didn't see any interviews with him after the Rose Bowl when he wouldn't stop saying how they were still the better team.
actually i did see that interview. first of all, he only said it once. secondly, before he said that, he also said "this was a great win...i mean game" (or something). to me that just shows that he wasn't in the right frame of mind, and who would be after a huge loss like that? and even if he meant what he said, so what? he didn't say "i'm the best player on this field" he said "WE are the better team." i have no problem with a quarterback thinking his team is the best, and i love that he didn't just give the politically correct statement of "they just wanted it more" etc etc. but how can you judge a guy's ego on one sentence anyway? his entire career has been marked by calm, humble statements, usually putting the team before himself, and giving all of his teammates the credit.

Juan Cribbs said:
actually i did see that interview. first of all, he only said it once. secondly, before he said that, he also said "this was a great win...i mean game" (or something). to me that just shows that he wasn't in the right frame of mind, and who would be after a huge loss like that? and even if he meant what he said, so what? he didn't say "i'm the best player on this field" he said "WE are the better team." i have no problem with a quarterback thinking his team is the best, and i love that he didn't just give the politically correct statement of "they just wanted it more" etc etc. but how can you judge a guy's ego on one sentence anyway? his entire career has been marked by calm, humble statements, usually putting the team before himself, and giving all of his teammates the credit.

I see your point, and I wasn't basing it off of just that interview, I just never heard anyone refer to him as humble. Its all good.

SpeedRush99 said:
I see your point, and I wasn't basing it off of just that interview, I just never heard anyone refer to him as humble. Its all good.
yes it's good. speaking of good, how bout that UF recruiting class this year?? :D:D:D this team is LOADED for years to come!

Juan Cribbs said:
yes it's good. speaking of good, how bout that UF recruiting class this year?? :D:D:D this team is LOADED for years to come!

No doubt :goof: Future is bright in Gainesville!

Back
Top Bottom