Merged: Senior Bowl Players' Analysis | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Senior Bowl Players' Analysis

HysterikiLL said:
IMO, I wouldn't at all be surprised to see Croyle or Whitehurst sneak into the first round/early second. With great combines and team workouts, some teams may jump, forcing other teams to reach for them in order to get them.

Especially when the air out of Cutlers bubble starts to leak more than it is now.

Miami_Dolphins said:
I saw the senior bowl game thread, but this is really just my personal overview of the players, and who miami should look at.,

Oh, and please forgive me for not getting all the names right, i tried to keep mental notes while at a relatives house, nothings perfect, ut im sure you'll understand who i mean.\

DJ Shockley looks terrible, his stock is plummeting. His throws were everywhere, and he was very immobile.

Jay Cutler looked pretty bad, imo. He made some crap descisions, ran instead of scambline and looking for an open man, horrible 2 minute drill, got picked in the endzone.

Marcus Mcneill is
wfcensored-1.gif
ing awesome, that catch ruled. He's big, looks pretty slim, and he's got a lot of talent. Extremely good pick if we get him 2nd round.

Croyle looked pretty good, and from what i heard, he looked good in practice too. Definately a QB i'd look out for, Maybe another consideration for Qb.

Will Blackmon has looked pretty decent, but i didnt see much

Michael Robinson is a great running QB, but i think he should convert to WR. Fast, can get away form tacklers, and hes pretty big.

I like Tye Hill, he looks pretty good, his stock is dramatically rising.
Definately a corner miami should look at.

Continuing to watch Jay Cutler, he excessively scrambles, he threw a TD there, but on the same drive he got lucky, and someone dropped a pick. Not worth a first rounder, and i think he's a reach with the 16th pick, but with some practice he could be good. Still dont think hes worth the 16th pick.

Take it for what it's worth, ust my opinions.

i dont think you can accurately think any player did well or not in this game. didn't phil rivers get mvp a few years ago and is still riding the bench. i think the game is just an idea for coaches to see the players at full speed. i think the main thing is the combine. thats why ronnie landed before caddy because caddy didnt have a good combine as well as ronnie did.

SabanEra84 said:
i dont think you can accurately think any player did well or not in this game. didn't phil rivers get mvp a few years ago and is still riding the bench. i think the game is just an idea for coaches to see the players at full speed. i think the main thing is the combine. thats why ronnie landed before caddy because caddy didnt have a good combine as well as ronnie did.
Riding the bench behind a probowler. Phillip didn't have the job to lose and if he ever got it a probowler will be on the bench behind him. Why do you people implie he is a bust? Every coach, scout, and people with any knowledge of football will tell you Phillip will be a star when he gets a chance.

I just hope Michael Robinson is there at 16. QB of the future.

Cutler showed why he the #3 QB prospect :/. Also I hope Miami doesn't touch any other QB until the 3rd round if we cant get Cutler (so no Croyle in 2nd round, I sorta cringed everytime I saw he was about to be hit). Saban is looking towards the future at the QB position, but it doesn't seem like he's in desparation mode yet. Lets not get crazy here.

daniel3 said:
Cutler showed why he the #3 QB prospect :/. Also I hope Miami doesn't touch any other QB until the 3rd round if we cant get Cutler (so no Croyle in 2nd round, I sorta cringed everytime I saw he was about to be hit). Saban is looking towards the future at the QB position, but it doesn't seem like he's in desparation mode yet. Lets not get crazy here.

How did he show that? By throwing that dumb interception? What was he 7 for 15...maybe 70yds?

fishypete said:
How did he show that? By throwing that dumb interception? What was he 7 for 15...maybe 70yds?

He was 6 of 19 according to ESPN and until the end he really didn't do much of anything (well on the drive just before he got intercepted he was doing ok, but sorta went downhill from there). One would hope a top 10 pick could muster a better game, especially given the somewhat above average (though somewhat impressive at times) practices. I can't even blame it on line performance either because he did get some good cover on a number of plays.

Stacks said:
I just hope Michael Robinson is there at 16. QB of the future.

God I hope that's sarcasm. But he will be there at #16. And probably in the 5th round, too.

I wouldn't get too carried away about what happened in the game. In fact, many NFL personnel people leave town before the game is even played. It's the practices and interviews they are most concerned with.

The game basically serves as a last chance for guys who might need it.

PhinGeneral said:
I wouldn't get too carried away about what happened in the game. In fact, many NFL personnel people leave town before the game is even played. It's the practices and interviews they are most concerned with.

The game basically serves as a last chance for guys who might need it.

Don't discount the game....while the GM's and scouts aren't there...they watch the game and get the game film. Rivers rose up from ashes to the top...because of what he did in the game. Practices are important...but the NFL plays games.

fishypete said:
Don't discount the game....while the GM's and scouts aren't there...they watch the game and get the game film. Rivers rose up from ashes to the top...because of what he did in the game. Practices are important...but the NFL plays games.

I didn't say I discounted what happens. I just said people shouldn't get carried away with it. Rivers stock rose some because of his performance, but he didn't rise up from the ashes. In fact he had been MVP in every bowl game he had played in up to that point.

I also realize that the scouts will watch the game on tape. But they'll also watch the real games these players played in, which will hold a lot more weight than a thrown together all-star game.

finfan54 said:
I liked Croyle but I wanted to see more Whitehurst who I thought was good. Cutler has the skills no doubt. The pick in the endzone was just a great play by Griffin, who i think is a very good player who can play CB/S. you cannot judge everything on these games. Every one is talking Dbrickshaw as great but even he made mistakes and got used on that one play.

In the end, I think cutler could still be ours at 16 if teams pass on him. Croyle in the second round is probably more feasable. If Saban ends up likeing Whitelhurts more then maybe he takes a LT first, a S/CB second, and Whitehurst later. But who really knows? There is no consistancy in these games cus they go in for two rounds and come out.

I was waiting for that (mainly because my no cable/satellite *** couldn't watch the Senior Bowl).

sports24/7 said:
It was a 7 yard route in the gut of a 202 lb WR that was fired into traffic and was in the reciever's chest before you even realized he threw the ball. If you watch it again you will see that it was not as easy as he made it look.

I think you're looking into it too much. Cutler isn't as good as you think. The route his WR ran on that TD was the same route his WRs always run. Of all the times I've seen Cutler play his WRs always run the same route.SLANTS SLANTS SLANTS SLANTS SLANTS. He neeeds a nickname...Jay "SLANT" Cutler. I wanna see this guy throw different routes. You people continue to talk about how strong his arm is and what a difficult throw he made when that throw is the only throw he knows how to make.

Back
Top Bottom