Merged: Spurrier to Miami Stories/Rumors | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Spurrier to Miami Stories/Rumors

cnc66 said:
man...this would sure bring the rivalries back into alignment. Bobbah is hershey squirtin' his PJ's this morning over this... jus when he thought it was safe...

Spurrier would love it....

1) FSU back on the schedule every year

2) He's back in the state of Florida so he can take recruits away from Urban and hurt the people in Gainsville

3) He is in a weak conference (ACC) and can has an easier path to a BCS game and national title (compared to the SEC)

4) He has probably used up the SoutH Carolina golf courses, now he can take advantage of the Miami one's

MikeO said:

2) He's back in the state of Florida so he can take recruits away from Urban and hurt the people in Gainsville

3) He is in a weak conference (ACC) and can has an easier path to a BCS game and national title (compared to the SEC)

4) He has probably used up the SoutH Carolina golf courses, now he can take advantage of the Miami one's

hahahaha, year round here... :cooldude:

MikeO said:
and to the other guy I don't know what "ACC THREAD" you are talking about or response to what you are expecting.

I bumped it for you

kpcane said:
I bumped it for you

stil don't understand what you want me to respond to..

PM it to me and ask. Let's not tie up the board with this petty nonsense

MikeO said:

:confused: Why would Spurrier wanna "hurt" the people of Gainesville? There is no ill will there.

Of course Spurrier is gonna deny it... he isn't going to come out and say, when South Carolina still has games on their schedule, that he is strongly considering going to the University of Miami.

I'm not saying Spurrier is going to end up in Miami, but if he was seriously considering it, he wouldn't come out and say he was. Not until after the season, at least!

I'd laugh so hard if they gave Coker an extension right now.

cnc66 said:
man...this would sure bring the rivalries back into alignment. Bobbah is hershey squirtin' his PJ's this morning over this... jus when he thought it was safe...
:yes:

BTW, MikeO... No Class Coach... nice :shakeno:
Save it for the guys who run universities as half-way houses and for the coaches that get their programs on sanctions. That's never been the case for Spurrier. All he's done wrong is talk **** about the teams he always beats and makes EVERYONE laugh. Even UT fans love his joke about not spelling Citrus w/o UT.

Motion said:
:confused: Why would Spurrier wanna "hurt" the people of Gainesville? There is no ill will there.

Yea, I understand that about as much as I understand Steve Spurrier supposedly being "classless" somehow. :confused:

So he's made a few jokes EVERY NOW AND THEN, but when has the NCAA ever come knocking?

I mean look how he cleaned up the South Carolina program as soon as he got there, Im sure he would do the same in Miami.

Marino2Clayton said:
Yea, I understand that about as much as I understand Steve Spurrier supposedly being "classless" somehow. :confused:

So he's made a few jokes EVERY NOW AND THEN, but when has the NCAA ever come knocking?

I mean look how he cleaned up the South Carolina program as soon as he got there, Im sure he would do the same in Miami.

:yes: I agree

Hope he doesn't go. :tongue:

CSTV broke the story and standing by it:

http://www.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/...111906abn.html

Spurrier Still Likely Heading to Miami

Sources say South Carolina coach heading to Hurricanes
Nov. 19, 2006

By Brian Curtis
CSTV

"Despite Steve Spurrier's denials today in his weekly teleconference, sources tell CSTV that he is still heading to the University of Miami to replace Larry Coker as head football coach. CSTV first reported the story last night on Gametracker Live and SEC Football Nation.

In his media teleconference this afternoon at 2:00 pm, Spurrier was repeatedly asked about the Miami job, and denied that he was a candidate. However, following multiple questions asking him if he is in interested in the Miami job, the coach never insisted he wasn't interested, but instead, tip-toed around the answer. I asked him to state that he is not interested in Miami and again, the coach failed to state that he is not interested. Spurrier also jokingly said that he hopes to be back at South Carolina next year, but that depends on the school's athletic director and president.

Despite Spurrier's denials, CSTV stands by its initial reporting and has, in fact, confirmed from yet an additional source very close to the situation that Spurrier to Miami is still likely to happen."

replace Larry Choker :yes:

Motion said:
:yes: I agree

Hope he doesn't go. :tongue:
I don't know if it would be better for UF to have Spurrier USC or UM. One's in conference, but the other is in state and that's not good for recruiting.
Personally, I think he should go to Penn State :rolleyes:

finswin56 said:
I don't know if it would be better for UF to have Spurrier USC or UM. One's in conference, but the other is in state and that's not good for recruiting.
Personally, I think he should go to Penn State :rolleyes:

that's schiano's job.

Back
Top Bottom