Merged: Tedd Ginn Jr. Pro Day results! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Tedd Ginn Jr. Pro Day results!

At first I was wondering since I thought he was supposed to have amazing speed. But from the report they said it was raining, and he is still dealing with a sprained foot, which is pretty good to run at that speed when still getting over his injury that he had in of the bowl games. It only takes a little bit to make the 40 time a little slower.

maybe we don't draft OL in the 1st, but expect to see us fill that position quite a bit. I don't think this is going to be a Fin's draft filled with that "flash"

Ive seen enough of our current players fall down,fumble when no one hits them, Trip over the stripes on the field etc. It doesnt bode well he fell on 5 out of 6. Rain or no rain wtf.:goof:

When was the last time we had a draft with "flash?" I suppose drafting Ronnie Brown was flashy, but seriously. The Wannstedt/Spielman years yielded us a bunch of lost draft picks and a bunch of wasted draft picks. The jury is still out on the Saban drafts though the Ronnie Brown year could prove to give us 4 starters (Brown, Roth, Crowder, Daniels.) I'm not too concerned with flash. I just don't want another wasted pick like Jamar Fletcher. Or a stupid move like moving up 1 spot for Vernon Carey who the Vikes almost certainly weren't going to pick anyway. I'll settle for value players for our picks. I hate to say it...but I'd like to be more like the Patriots in that regard. They consistently find gems in the draft who step in and become stars in their system. However I'll also be psyched if we somehow end up with Brady Quinn.

Good to see he has speed but that slippage is a concern. Rain or no rain, you've got to wonder if his foot had anything to do with it. And considering it rains quite often where we're playing, there better be a good excuse.

Good to see he has speed but that slippage is a concern. Rain or no rain, you've got to wonder if his foot had anything to do with it. And considering it rains quite often where we're playing, there better be a good excuse.
The excuse is he is sloppy in his routes. Was at OSU and will continue to be. I BET the only route he was able to stay on his feet for was the Fly, because only route he runs effectively

Guys Ginn is about a 4.38-4.4 guy....but thats misleading..

read an article last year about Ginn, Nate Clements, and Galloway working out together and as far as 40's Clements won like 7 outta 10 over both!! With Ginn winning 2 and Galloway(old now) winning one....

BUT they ran the 100 5 times and Ginn won all 5 times!! ANd I think it he won 2 of them by 15 yards or more!!!

Anyone who has watched Ginn knows his speed is good for about 20 yards, but he has that extra gear he kicks in after that..and THATS what seperates him from everyone else...

This guy will ba an elite return man with the potential to be a great Wr....

Either way he's an offensive weapon defense have to acount for..He will NOT slip far if at all in the draft believe me.
That's exactly what I see during one return after another. Thats also what I see when he catches the long ball, and there's no one anywhere near him. He's still my pick in the 1st, especially if we could pull off trading down a few spots..

Look, Ginn is a special teamer straight ahead downfield guy and nothing more than that aside from an occasional screen inside with a couple of moves to the house.

There is no doubt Ginn is dangerous in that regard.

Problem I have always had is that he is really one or two dimensional and is not the type to go over the middle or run specific routes IMO as opposed to Gonzalez who did those types of things and had YAC.

Ginn is now injured and this is not a fly by night injury either.
WR's are a dime a dozen. And there are a dozen in this draft so why just go ga ga over Ginn when there are others who are just as worthy or better in the long run?

WR's are inherant risks to a degree because of injury, character, and the "look at me arent I great" attitude. Too many fin fans on this board are too much in favor of glory hounds instead of football players.

Thank God
Hopefully the Ginn lovers will put it to rest for a while
Do you really feel with the MILLIONS of $$$$$$ at stake that if his ankle
was still injured he would have ran(the obvious answer to anyone not wearing blinders is NO)
WHOOOOOOSH...THATS THE SOUND OF MILLIONS OF DOLLARS
RUNNING A 4.2 FORTY AWAY FROM TED GINN JR!

Seriously he fell on 5 of his 6 routes ran
OK... it was raining but PLEEEEEESE with the excuses
5 out of 6 times...WE ALLREADY HAVE BOOKER FOR THAT!

What a laughing stock we would be with Ginn and his ankle
that never heals and Daunte with his knee that never heals!!

The surprising part is not being able to admit there are much better choices than Ginn...FIRE AWAY

Guys Ginn is about a 4.38-4.4 guy....but thats misleading..

read an article last year about Ginn, Nate Clements, and Galloway working out together and as far as 40's Clements won like 7 outta 10 over both!! With Ginn winning 2 and Galloway(old now) winning one....

BUT they ran the 100 5 times and Ginn won all 5 times!! ANd I think it he won 2 of them by 15 yards or more!!!

Anyone who has watched Ginn knows his speed is good for about 20 yards, but he has that extra gear he kicks in after that..and THATS what seperates him from everyone else...

This guy will ba an elite return man with the potential to be a great Wr....

Either way he's an offensive weapon defense have to acount for..He will NOT slip far if at all in the draft believe me.

Really? I dont think so. He is injured and it shows doesnt it? Or did I just misread something? There are many WR's in this draft. It boggles my mind that people put so much into this guy when so many others are out there. You dont have that much depth at the QB or LT or even LB positions even though there are going to be some steals in the right environment for some at those positions. those positions garner the top status because of the supply and demand. That is the market. So to say he wont fall, I say from where? Who has this guy rated so high?

Ginn might be perfect for someone who doesnt need a whole lot to make them more dangerous. Say like the Indy Colts. This is where I have seen his stock drop to in some mocks and I believe it is where he will stay. Doesnt mean Ginn isnt good or will not make a big splash, I just do not think the Miami Dolphins should be investing in guys like this at this time.

Trade up from #40 into the late 1st round to get him, this is perfect!!!!

While I agree we don't draft Ginn I also feel that we don't spend a 1st round pick on OLine. It's not Randy, Cam, or Houck's style. McNeill is an aberration but look at Shane Olivea who's the starting RT for the Chargers and was drafted in the 7th round. Hardwick is the starting C and was drafted in the 3rd round. Levi Brown is nice but I don't think he'll be a Fin.

I agree with you, there. My guess is they draft BPA and that will probably be defense at 9. Of course there is always a possibility of a draft day trade, but those don't come very often, even if a team is sold on a certain player and they want to trade up.

Why didn't his agent cancel his workout? Seriously, in the rain with a bad wheel?

Back
Top Bottom