Merged: The Official Nnamdi Asomugha Thread | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: The Official Nnamdi Asomugha Thread

whats this news about NE going after him?

NE doesn't have the cap do make that kind of a move...Even after they trade Cassel, they are still tight cap wise. If I'm not mistaken, Rodney Harrison is a FA, and if they want him back, well...

You get my point.

I'm excited about having Wake in a fins uniform, but I'm not sure he is like a first round pick. He may turn out to be a great pickup, but if he's like a first round pick, then he better be STARTING this year. His coverage skills have been called into question and a starting LB in the 3-4 needs to be able cover at least some of the time. I think as of right now, he is a situational pass rusher which is in no way a first round pick.
He is number 6 overall if you are the Jets with Vernon Gholston!!!

(someone from crowd shouts):*they're our rivals!*

comparing wake to getting a 1st rounder is ridiculous. and no way in hell are we trading one, let alone 2 first round picks for anybody. so soon we forget how this team got to be so bad.

that would be a heck of an offseason if we're able to land Asomugha..

I would rather bring back the best player in dolphin history , MR. Randy Mcmichael

he spent more time training then jason and he also put zach in a headlock and gave him a noogie then he marched up to Wanny's office and asked to play qb , he even went as far as to tell dave that he could throw the football farther hanging from a 10 cent balloon then what jay could.
needless to say wanny told Randy to go and sumitt to a drug test.
hell Mcmichael was the only player that even stood up to wanny so we really ought bring him back and give him the key to the city.

ok just teasing but it was true that Randy told wanny that and dave fell out of his chair .

HELL NO!!! Randy Mac was and still is GARBAGE!!!

You might have mis-heard that: what I've heard some say is that he's the equivalent of a first DAY pick.
:up:
That is still pretty good, though. At the very least that would mean that we view him as a starter (or at least a potential one).

I disagree that NT is an "immediate" need. It "is" a need, but not an immediate need. We have Ferguson and Soliai there right now, with Starks able to play the pass rushing NT on 3rd downs.

We can use competition with Soliai for the future starting NT and backup NT...but its not an immediate need, like if we don't have a body there right now type.

Immediate need would be FS (we don't have one right now, even if we sign Hill, we need a backup or competition), C (we need at least a backup as Al Johnson is not re-signed and questions remain about Satele), OT (we have no backups for Long or Carey...and Carey isn't re-signed yet, but should at least be franchised, if not re-signed...

That's an immediate need. WE need an "eventual" replacement at NT and OLB, but Ferguson has a backup and Porter now has a backup in Wake...
I agree, plus we still have Joe Cohen in the mix as well. The Tuna doesn't like to draft NTs high, he likes to take late round or undrafted guys and develop them. The good thing is that Soliai started flashing some big time playmaking ability when they put him in. He just needs to get his head on straight.

Hes not like Zach, Zach wouldnt go to NE just on principal. JT would though. Remember he would have traded our entire roster for Tom Brady.

Well thats great of Zach but seriously if you are a football player and you need a job you go where its best for you. The dolphins showed no loyalty to Zach so he owes them nothing as far as not playing for this team or that. I do find it great that players like Zach and Dan who were basically let go do have some kinship towards the fans even though the organization has basically thrown them out with the trash.

Don't forget DeAngelo Hall.

What a mess of a franchise.

They messed that up totally. Its amazing they cut Hall but Washington wants to sign him to a multiple year deal. You dont make that trade then cut a guy midseason. Was he struggling, yes but he is still a good NFL cornerback and made a good impression in short time with the Redskins.

The price he would be asking, he better not allow a catch all year on his side of the field.

The price he would be asking, he better not allow a catch all year on his side of the field.

Im not in favor of us spending 11 million a year on any player right now. Would much rather get Bodden and McFadden at reasonable prices.

Back
Top Bottom