Merged: Tim Brown a free agent/New WR option | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Tim Brown a free agent/New WR option

Bowl_Bound

Practice Squad
Reaction score
New WR option

It seems that the Raiders are going to cut Tim Brown. We could pick him up and relive the exceptionally successful Chris Carter experiment. :roflmao:
Sorry I could not resist. :rolleyes:

If we were desperate, like we would be if DB or CC got hurt, it wouldn't be a bad pickup.

Noodle Arm said:
Hey Tim Brown kicks butt in Tecmo Bowl for the NES :tongue:
So did Bo Jackson. We need an RB, let's get him in for a workout too. Actually, I wouldn't mind having Brown, but I doubt he would be anything but a third reciever. Lokking at Chris Carter, I'm not sure if we would have luck with Brown either.

He could be a good slot reciever. He provides veteran experience and knows how to find holes in coverage. He just doesn't have the deep speed for the Raiders' system.

MOULDSROCKS said:
He could be a good slot reciever. He provides veteran experience and knows how to find holes in coverage. He just doesn't have the deep speed for the Raiders' system.
It's also valuable for a WR to have enough speed to get open.

MOULDSROCKS said:
\
yea i dont get what the deal is with ppl dogging tim brown.. its not like he would comete for the #1 or #2 reciever,. he has good hands and could be a key 3rd down target for AJ or Jay.

RichieW13 said:
It's also valuable for a WR to have enough speed to get open.

i think he said " 'deep' speed" i wouldnt be looking for tim brown on a 15 yard post pattern or out anything like that.i would look for him across the middle for 6-7 yard gains and short patterns like that to set up other big plays.

Not to mention to quality teaching/mentor he could provide to boston and CC..

Its all spec at this point but my guess is that he goes to the cowboys or retires.

Tim Brown would be awesome in the slot for us between Chambers and Boston.

I heard in the past that Brown wanted to retire as a Raider. This will prbly be the end for him.

Back
Top Bottom