Merged: Tim Brown a free agent/New WR option | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Tim Brown a free agent/New WR option

"Tim Brown now is as fast as some Fullbacks.....maybe he can bulk up and contribute there." - Sean Salsbury

I dont think we have had success with washed up vetern recievers. Look what happened with Chris Carter. He sucked

Everyone keeps bringing up Cris Carter. That was a completely different situation.

Carter had been out of football for months and was not in shape. The same cannot be said of Tim Brown.

I'm not saying we should sign Brown (I'm leaning towards "no"), but the comparison to Carter doesn't hold water.

I don't think you can really compare bringing in Carter half way through the season after he had been sitting his butt in a chair on Inside the NFL and Tim Brown who has just been through all the offseason programs and still has time to be in camp for preseason.

We need another receiver bad......after Chambers and Boston there is nothing. Do you guys ever want to see D.Thompson starting again?? That's what would most likely happen if a starter got injured.

I think we really need to think about trying to bring him in to be the 3rd option.

If I were you guys I would be all over this guy. He brings stability, intelligence, leadership, experience etc and he's a good player. You'd have Chambers and Boston to go deep and stretch the field, with Tim Brown finding soft spots in coverage and exploiting them to move the chains.

Brown > Thompson

I don't care how old Brown is. Brown in a wheelchair would be an upgrade over Thompson.

And for those who say this would be Cris Carter all over again, remember this: Carter hadn't played in a year when we signed him. He came out of retirement. Brown can still play.

Everyone keeps bringing up Cris Carter. That was a completely different situation.

Carter had been out of football for months and was not in shape. The same cannot be said of Tim Brown.

Ah, ya beat me to it astro. lol.

BTW, I just checked the Raiders' site and there was nothing on there about Brown being released.

Back
Top Bottom