Merged: Troy Smith | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Troy Smith

Can somebody explain to me why hes not worth 1st round pick status? His TD/Int Ratio is insane. Hes mobile , good accurate arm. He knows one thing- how to win! He plays against the toughest competition in the biggest stadiums. Yes hes on the short side but look at Garcia or better yet, look at Brees (Im sure there are many more shorter Qbs , just cant think of any more) Smith could be a more mobile, faster Brees and that could be a great fit for a Miami Offense team that has a weak offensive line.

If you watched the whole game you will have answered your own question.

Best of luck to Smith in the CFL.

Troy aint so bad his O-line played horrendus...but still made alot of mental errors he is going 2nd round for sure.

Reminded me of thouse good old days with BRian Griese and our great oline hahah

man i havent seen much of smith maybe 4 games i wanted to see if this guy was real in case miami drafted him, now i would not bring him in as a udfa he out right sux how did he get this far? man florida made him look like a highschooler troy smith is the most overated player i have ever seen period

His whole team was outplayed you can't blame everything on the quarterback and Smith will still be a 1st day pick.

Smith fell apart tonight. He was misfiring badly towards the end of the game.

His whole team was outplayed you can't blame everything on the quarterback and Smith will still be a 1st day pick.

no gm in his right mind will waste a first day pick on him, after the combine he might fall to the 7th round he sux

If he doesnt measure over 6 foot at the combine hes not gonna go first day

Troy aint so bad his O-line played horrendus...but still made alot of mental errors he is going 2nd round for sure.

Reminded me of thouse good old days with BRian Griese and our great oline hahah

Here it goes... oh the Bucks played terrible, they're the better team their o-line played bad and Troy Smith wasn't playing to his potential. Dude just give it up to the Gators, they are the #1 team in the nation. Their defense was absolutely AMAZING. Chris Leak shut up everybody that thought he was never any good and Percy Harvin also played really well and he is a freshman. This guy is gonna be good, I can't believe he played such a huge role in a national championship game as a freshman!

Thank you for realizing that they were outplayed by a better Florida Gator team and they didn't just have an "off night".

If we all based everything on one game, even a Championship game..

Where would that put Dan Marino on your top lists?

Nobody was opened, Ufs DBs were way too much for OSUs Wrs. That along with the bull rushes of UFs front 4 were too much for T Smith too overcome. There wasnt much he could do.. This game was total domination for UF

Ok lets get a few things straight here. I was a BIG smith guy until this game, he was just terrible. The scope of the victory was astounding to all but some Gator fans. That said
Smith will have to have a HUGE offseason/combine to get into the first, but to say he is gonna fall to the 4-5-6 rounds is silly. Hes still got loads of talent. he just got bushwhacked in this game. How many of you think Brady Quinn will be a 6th rounder? Not many of you right. He didnt do much more than Smith in his bowl game. Yes hes taller, but other than that most of the nods are going Smith. Right now hes looking at dropped to the 2-early 3 area. If Brohm/Russell/Quinn are gone in the first for us, and Smith is there on the board in the second this could be a great pickup.
However, I think unless he roars back with some monster improvements in the offseason his stock wont rise that much. But until this game the guy had been a monster every which way, in every game, and had always stepped up to the plate. This performance WILL severely hurt him to be sure, but its not gonna drop him into day 2.

Back
Top Bottom