Merged: Universal Draft Hits the Sun Sentinel | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Universal Draft Hits the Sun Sentinel

Not to make things complicated, but are we just doing the first round or more? Can we trade picks? I'm sure we'll get that hammered out later, just wondering what everyone thinks.

When i watch Odrick i think of John Bosa, and that really scares me. Any Dolfan over the age of 30 should know that name.

39 here, and 3 of the worst,scariest names in phins history....John Bosa,Eric Kumerow & Rick Graff awful just awful.....:facepalm:

A few months ago, I was really down on the idea of drafting Spiller . . . Now, not so much. In fact, my BB - of players that I feel might actually drop to us - for the 12-spot looks like this:

1. E. Thomas
1. C. Spiller (they're tied - can't make up my mind)
3. J. Pierre-Paul
4. D. Morgan
5. D. Bryant
6. S. Weatherspoon (why didn't anyone correct me when I was spelling it Witherspoon?)

A few months ago, I was really down on the idea of drafting Spiller . . . Now, not so much. In fact, my BB - of players that I feel might actually drop to us - for the 12-spot looks like this:

1. E. Thomas
1. C. Spiller (they're tied - can't make up my mind)
3. J. Pierre-Paul
4. D. Morgan
5. D. Bryant
6. S. Weatherspoon (why didn't anyone correct me when I was spelling it Witherspoon?)

Thomas should be the pick, he improves our secondary 10 fold instantly. No other player will have that impact for us! Spiller is the exciting pick but not one we can afford to do with the 12th pick, we need more then 10-15 touches a game here. JPP is not a BP player meaning he prefers players that have proved themselves for more then 1 year. Morgan is interesting, Spoon would be way to early and Dez again falls under the red flag warnings and also BP likes his WR's with 4 years of college production. I think they would take Tate or Lafell in the 2nd in a heart beat before taking Dez in the first.

That's just my humble opinion.

Thomas should be the pick, he improves our secondary 10 fold instantly. No other player will have that impact for us! Spiller is the exciting pick but not one we can afford to do with the 12th pick, we need more then 10-15 touches a game here. JPP is not a BP player meaning he prefers players that have proved themselves for more then 1 year. Morgan is interesting, Spoon would be way to early and Dez again falls under the red flag warnings and also BP likes his WR's with 4 years of college production. I think they would take Tate or Lafell in the 2nd in a heart beat before taking Dez in the first.

That's just my humble opinion.

What warms me up to Spiller a bit is the idea of getting him and then trading Ronnie for a 2nd. Gun to my head, and I'll go with Earl Thomas. If we draft him, I'm penciling him in as DROTY.

Fantastic, fantastic column, Boomer. :)

Earl Thomas is certainly picking up some fans around Finheaven lately. Good to see as everyone having their eggs on one Arkansas ILB basket has been a little rough. Having more than one option is a good thing.

Fantastic, fantastic column, Boomer. :)

Earl Thomas is certainly picking up some fans around Finheaven lately. Good to see as everyone having their eggs on one Arkansas ILB basket has been a little rough. Having more than one option is a good thing.

alabama you mean? eh, it happens.

Give me the Sea Hawks please.

This was done a couple of times last year, and it started off great, but ran out of wind towards the end of the 2nd round from memory.

There has to be a couple of ground rules.....

*Trades make it difficult to keep track of, so I would suggest no trades.
*2 rounds initially, then assess & see if a 3rd round is viable.
*bear in mind that some people are on the other side of the world, (me) and work weekends and shift work (me again), so a bit of patience is needed. maybe a maximum of 24 hours to pick, otherwise a concensus pick from the original poster & someone else.
*When a player is picked, reasons given by the draftee.

And finally, when it happens, after each team has a member from the forum, a seperate thread with a moderator or similar to keep updates regular. A PM to the next team up for a pick too.

It was great fun last year, lets do it again.

Congrats Phinphan910. Great idea.

Brad

All great suggestions, Buff. I especially like the idea of draft analysis after each person makes his/her pick. I agree with at least two rounds, no trades, and a 24 hour time limit. But I suspect people will make their picks a lot quicker

Back
Top Bottom