Merged: Vince Young | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Vince Young

i know that he said he was staying at texas earlier this year, but the past 6 weeks he hasnt said anything about it. He was avoiding the question.

I just checked SI.com as well as ESPN.com, they have nothing about Vince saying he will stay in. If he had said he is staying in it would be there for sure. I think this thread needs to be taken with a large grain of salt.

I would think it would be all over the news by now. I would most defenitely love to have Vince Young and he is the prototype that Linehan will look for.

Young is what you get if you crossed Vick's athleticsm in Daunte Culpepper's body. Like Vick coming out of college, he still needs to develop as a passer to be a great NFL QB. People point to Vick's stats as reason not to draft a guy like Young, but A) Vick moves Atlanta's offense regardless of what his passing stats are and B) Young has 1 important physical advantage over Vick: size. Vick is 6'1, which hurts his ability to see down the field, while Young has prototypical 6'5 height.

If Young was there in the 10-15 where we'll be picking, I'd jump all over him. Of course, if that's where he's drafted then he'll be making a mistake coming out early. Another year of development and he could easily be a top 3 pick..

MiamiMan147 said:
Young is what you get if you crossed Vick's athleticsm in Daunte Culpepper's body. Like Vick coming out of college, he still needs to develop as a passer to be a great NFL QB. People point to Vick's stats as reason not to draft a guy like Young, but A) Vick moves Atlanta's offense regardless of what his passing stats are and B) Young has 1 important physical advantage over Vick: size. Vick is 6'1, which hurts his ability to see down the field, while Young has prototypical 6'5 height.

If Young was there in the 10-15 where we'll be picking, I'd jump all over him. Of course, if that's where he's drafted then he'll be making a mistake coming out early. Another year of development and he could easily be a top 3 pick..

yep he should stay in school. probalby wont win the heisman cause brady quinn could give him a run for that.

MiamiMan147 said:

You have a very good point about the size. I have even seen vick listed at six feet flat. I read an article in espn the mag the other day that was impressive, based on the article it seems he is a high character guy. I have also heard repeatedly that he is a very strong competetor. The more I read on the guy the higher on him I get even if he does have an odd motion.

PhinsOwnBrady said:
Today during the Heisman Trophy awards they said that Young is going to stay in school so with that said who do the fins look for now with him staying.

sorry but ur information seems false. they were talking to him in the beg. of the show and they asked him what would he do and help him decide and he said nothing, it is just something that i will have to sit and decide iwht with my family and see if i should take the leap or stay.

PhinsOwnBrady said:
Today during the Heisman Trophy awards they said that Young is going to stay in school so with that said who do the fins look for now with him staying.

They look to free agency, or a late draft pick.

SweepeR said:
sorry but ur information seems false. they were talking to him in the beg. of the show and they asked him what would he do and help him decide and he said nothing, it is just something that i will have to sit and decide iwht with my family and see if i should take the leap or stay.

I think this thread might be :spam: Which is a shame since there have been some good points made in it.

go ahead and ignore what any player says before the deadline is here

other than that, this isn't new

Pretty Definitive Vince Young is Coming Out...

...according to Bruce Feldman, ESPN magazine writer on ESPNEWS Hotlist today.

He said that Young has told various people close to him that he's coming out. He has made up his mind. In one press conference, Young had hinted he was staying to keep the team focused on the Rose Bowl.

How does this Impact the Draft and the Dolphins? Discuss Amongst yourselves!

no to vince young.

we already have two running backs.

our weakness is the passing game and we should get a pure passer like leinart, quinn, and cutler.

death7star said:
no to vince young.

we already have two running backs.

our weakness is the passing game and we should get a pure passer like leinart, quinn, and cutler.

DUDE, YOU HIT THE NAIL ON THE HEAD!!!! :eek:

Vince Young is a phenomenal athlete, led the nation in passing efficiency and fits Linehan's offense to a T. I could live with him.........................

Back
Top Bottom