Merged: Vince Young | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Vince Young

Dol_Fan_4_Ever said:
The time is now. Forget all of this Leinart crap, we probably won't get him anyway. Draft a QB that you know will do well both running and passing. I know I don't have any say in who the team drafts but it would be in their better interest to draft Young. He has Vick-like speed and he can pass a lot better. Would anyone agree with me?

Thank God for that.

Dol_Fan_4_Ever said:
The time is now. Forget all of this Leinart crap, we probably won't get him anyway. Draft a QB that you know will do well both running and passing. I know I don't have any say in who the team drafts but it would be in their better interest to draft Young. He has Vick-like speed and he can pass a lot better. Would anyone agree with me?

As much as I am a die-hard Longhorns fan and hate Leinart with a passion, I can't honestly say I think Vince is a better passer than Matt. Vince is a good passer, but he's not as good as Leinart. That being said he can make plays with his feet which Leinart cannot so Vince MAY be the better all-around QB, but as far as passing QB, Leinart wins that battle.

SHOULD Vince enter this year AND fall to us then I might be OK with taking him, depending on what other players were still left on the board and things like that. I wouldn't trade up to get him though, it'd be one of those "if there wasn't anyone we needed/wanted more and he fell in our laps I'd take him" situations. PLus there is Jay Cutler to factor in. Prolly a 2nd rounder so we could go DB/OL/LB in round 1 and grab Cutler in round 2. There are a LOT of factors.

If he stays then he'd be coming out with Quinn (among others) that I think will transfer to better pro talent than Vince. We are already scouting Quinn and really interested in him and I'd ike to see us do everything in our power to get him. QUINN is a guy I'd be willing to give up a lot in a trade for, not Leinart.

I think Vince will be good in the pros, but there are others in his class that will be better. If he comes out and we absolutely HAVE to take a QB this year and no other juniors declare than OK, take Vince, but if he comes out and we can wait or he stays in, then take Quinn or Stanton etc before him.

did he really declare or is someone talking @#$%

Yeah, Young actually declared today, it was on ESPN around 3:30-4pm est. Of course an athlete can always undeclare himself as many have done in the past.

Draft a QB that you know will do well both running and passing.

You got half of that right, he'll be running, not sure about passing. We'd be wasting away Chambers' career.

Vick was faster and a better QB when he came out.

Vick is still faster. Vick runs in the high 4.2s, Vince runs in the mid 4.4s.

SMadison29 said:
Vick is still faster. Vick runs in the high 4.2s, Vince runs in the mid 4.4s.

yea i know, i just was cause i was talkin about when he came out compared to when Young comes out.

weisdolphins said:
did he really declare or is someone talking @#$%

No he didn't declare. Yesterday he was on PTI & didn't even hint at leaving. He gave the standard I'm coming back, I'm focused on our next game, I'm not thinking about it, blah blah blah...

Dol_Fan_4_Ever said:

Vick-like speed? Nah.

Back
Top Bottom