MERGED-What's Up With The Phin Dollars? | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED-What's Up With The Phin Dollars?

Everyone can use the points for betting.

Yeah but whats the point of gaining points by betting if you cant use them on anything?

Thats like winning the lotto but not being allowed to spend it on anything. 'Okay this money is in your name but you cant use it.'

Alex, we appreciate everyone's participation here but we want the people who keep the site in business to have first dibs at the new features.

Eventually, the vbPlaza will be open to everyone but next in line are the VIP'ers.

Alex, we appreciate everyone's participation here but we want the people who keep the site in business to have first dibs at the new features.

Eventually, the vbPlaza will be open to everyone but next in line are the VIP'ers.

Works for me.

Yeah but then what are you gonna do with the points you bet for?

It's not a money thing, I just don't believe in paying money to use websites....

No offense.

EDIT: Ok, I just saw Celt's last response. My only disagreement is that everyone keeps this site in business.

Yeah but then what are you gonna do with the points you bet for?

It's not a money thing, I just don't believe in paying money to use websites....

No offense.

EDIT: Ok, I just saw Celt's last response. My only disagreement is that everyone keeps this site in business.

Interesting...how do you believe that webmasters pay for bandwidth or for servers, firewalls, load balancers, etc? How does the internet work under your theory?

Seriously, I am not getting onto you but I want to hear your ideas.

Interesting...how do you believe that webmasters pay for bandwidth or for servers, firewalls, load balancers, etc? How does the internet work under your theory?

Well I think its an interesting debate.

On the one hand the users who arent VIP dont keep the site running financially.

On the other hand without the regular members would the site even be worth keeping running? It would be pretty empty.

I am not talking about financially.

Without all of us, there is no Finheaven and there is no VIP.

Thus, there is no business..........

Think about it - if FH was only the VIP members, what would be the point?

I can go into 2-3 threads and find 10 members who aren't VIP that contribute just as much. It's not all about the money. No offense because you're just doing your job, but sometimes it's like ESPN Insider around here. It's the internet to me, so I don't really care. I just give my views, regardless.

:cooldude:

Before the VIP'ers, the site was help along financially by Premium members and donations.

Without VIP, there is no 'all of us', either. You seem to be missing the point that someone has to pay for 'all of us' to tag along for free. :wink:

I challenge you to rent or buy some servers, pay for bandwidth and just have members who fill your board with great threads, and see how long you stay in business.

Unfortunately, there is a business side to all internet services.

Before the VIP'ers, the site was help along financially by Premium members and donations.

Without VIP, there is no 'all of us', either. You seem to be missing the point that someone has to pay for 'all of us' to tag along for free. :wink:

I challenge you to rent or buy some servers, pay for bandwidth and just have members who fill your board with great threads, and see how long you stay in business.

Unfortunately, there is a business side to all internet services.

I know that someone has to pay. What I'm saying is that, there doesn't need to be a restriction on everything. It almost seems like a bribe. I mean, in that case....."regular" members shouldn't get points at all. I know that I contribute to this site, just for the simple fact that I think before I post whenever I find something interesting. Same goes for most regular members. I'm not missing the point at all.

IMO, it's already enough that the "insiders" on here (not being sarcastic) post in the VIP forum. Those VIP members and whatnot are already getting much more information. My point is that before there were all of these extra user groups, there was the regulars who contributed to FH's success more than anyone. If we didn't stay as active as we are, then FH probably wouldn't of blown up. Credit to the staff, but I think the members go uncredited unless you're a premium or VIP member.

The point is......when I first registered here, this forum was wide open. Everyone had access to everything, just like how an internet forum should be. Now, it seems like you've got to pay for everything around here. O'well, it's not my site so I guess it doesn't really matter. I'm just one who will ALWAYS speak my mind.

& nah, I don't have a reason to start a site. It's not my thing. I've got too much to do.

The point is without regular members there is nothing to be a VIP to but without VIP there is probably nothing to be a member to.

So which is more important? I dont know, they seem pretty equal to me. I have no problem with the VIP getting it first, but Id like to see regular members get it eventually is all.

I can wait.

The point is without regular members there is nothing to be a VIP to but without VIP there is probably nothing to be a member to.

So which is more important? I dont know, they seem pretty equal to me. I have no problem with the VIP getting it first, but Id like to see regular members get it eventually is all.

Pretty much agree........

I originally responded first without knowing the regular members would get it eventually.

Back
Top Bottom