Merged X10,001^2: Raiders to waive DeAngelo Hall/Signs with Redskins | Page 15 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged X10,001^2: Raiders to waive DeAngelo Hall/Signs with Redskins

The Raiders have a history of destroying top caliber Safties. I would be more than happy to take a flyer on him after watching him at UT.

The Raiders have a history of destroying nearly every 1st rd pick they have had outside of Aso in the past 10+ years...Go back and look at their past 1st rounders, hard for me to believe all those guys didn't pan out due to lack of talent...Oakland is a hellhole, I bet Huff would of flourished any anyone else's system, he's a FS who can cover like a corner and tackle like a SS...I think he like alot of other guys who end up there are products of the environment around them, I bet had the Colts ended up with half these guys their careers would look completely different.

I wish we could pick this guy up. I cant imagine him being any worse than Goodman or somone on special teams.

I wouldnt be surpized if he ended up with the browns or NE.

no no no no! God there are so many fans on this sight that dont know football, who watch a couple of games each year on tv and call themselves fans. They see the name hall and say 'ooh i've heard of him he's meant to be good!' he's been thrown to 66 times this year 40 of which have been completed, thats terrible, he's been terrible for years, eddie royal embarrassed him this year and he was beaten consistently by the falcons. Some people are saying 'why did the raiders let him go' mmmmm.... Because he's crap and is costing them a fortune. Dont make the raiders mistake are own. Lets please put this to bed and end this thread.

I KNOW this isn't directed towards me playa

here is our chance at some real cornerback talent.. if we dont pick him up then the patriots will... thats the last thing we need right now.. come on miami this is a no brainer

the last thing we need if for the patriots to suck more right guys ?:lol:

well the thing is hall can play football he is athletic and he is a good corner. he might not be worth nearly 10 mil a year but the fact of the matter is he wasnt used for his type of style. they had him pressing recievers and he is not strong enough to so he was getting beat. he can cover a lot of ground. given the right defense this guy is a solid football player. he just dint fit into their scheme. im not saying lets go out and sign him today but there is a team he will fit into maybe washington or the giants would be a great fit for him.

What is wrong with you people. Do you know why he is gettin beat so bad and has so many Yards against. His name is Nmadi Asomugha. The guy has only been thrown at around 15 times this year. He is the real deal and we have no chance to sign him this offseason. Hall is a good player and I dont care what CB it is with the exception of maybe 3 CB in the league. ANy CB who gets thrown at 25 times a game will have bad stats. He performs well but hates being in a shotty town. Someone is goin to get a steal signing him to a 1/2 yr deal and then lettingn him become a FA. With teams throwing at Will Allen it will take the load off him. You guys like seeing Lehan and Goodman. If you do are you even watching the same games. Goodman has had 1 maybe 2 good games. Lets look at 2008 stats and career stats

Mike Lehan 2008-- 5 Games -- 11 Tackles-- 1 Pass Deflection -- 0 Int
Career 67 games--138 Tackles --12 Pass Deflections--1 INT

A Goodman 2008 --8 games--24 Tackles--7 Pass Deflections--1 INT
Career--79 games--218 Tackles--48 Pass Deflections--2 Force Fumbles--8 INT

Will Allen-2008--8 games--27 tackles--8 Pass Deflections--1 FF--2 INT
Career 111 games--441 tackles--102 Pass Deflections--7 FF--12 INT

Deangelo Hall--2008--8 games--48 Tackles--13 Pss Deflections--3 INT
Career--65 games --276 tackles--61 Pass Deflections--3FF-20 INT--2 TD

Lets do the math Deangelo Hall>>>than A Goodman/Lehan combined
Hall has 1 less INT than Allen,Goodman,Lehan combined. For their careers. Yeah thats how bad our secondary sucks. Problematic maybe but nothing BP cant solve. Sign him for the remainder of the year. Then if he plays well try to sign him for s few years. What would it hurt lettin himplay the rest of the year. We could make a playoff push if we dont continuously get beat by crap passes. Lood at week 1 when Favre killed us and beat us with the deep pass. Hall can break that up. He might get beat every once in a while but our guys get beat all day.

Anyone can see that Al is doing some really dumb stuff. Let me see he is following this up with releasing Kelly and Walker. Kelly has been a good player for a few years and Walker well he was somewhat damaged goods so that might not be so bad. The minority owners of this team need to file to get Davis ousted because he is destroying that franchise now and that all started with dumping a coach that had the team playing well. Hall is a good player and anybody that thinks goodman and allen are better longterm options need to really acess thier thinking.

Back
Top Bottom