Merged X12: Ongoing Henne vs. Sanchez Debate... | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged X12: Ongoing Henne vs. Sanchez Debate...

So the D threw 3 INTs against ten including the one in OT to set up the game losing FG?

As bad as your D was playing the O is allowed to score and your O was not scoring.

In specific Snachez made a huge 3rd down throw to Cotch that set up a punt that pinned at SD at their 4, that doesn't look sexy in the boxscore but w/o that throw we are punting from our 23 instead of from our 45. On SD's next possession we picked off Rivers and set up our 1st TD, a tremdnous thorw by sanchez as he was getting hammered by an SD defender. In the boxscore it's a 2 yard TD- no big deal but he hung in there taking as huge shot and made a great throw to give us a 10-7 lead. If we kick the FG we are down 7-6,m that was a HUGE, HUGE, HUGE swing in that game.

Another huge play was a 3rd and 4 to Cotch, he placed the ball where only Cotch could catch it. Any other position and the ball is picked. That 3rd down conversion came one play before Greene's 47 yd TD run to break it open.

Boxscores and stats tell us alot but it doesn't give us the whole story. I think he played better in SD than Indy though stats tell us otherwise.

Henne did have 3 INTs that game didn't he? Down 24-6 b/c the defense can't stop anyone is why they lost. Sure the INT made it easier for the Titans to win, I won't deny that. Sanchez throws an INT against ATL in Week 15 as the Jets had 1:32 to drive and kick a FG. It happens.

I have never discounted the little things Sanchez had done throughout the year. I also don't claim to have since all of the Jets plays like you have. Swings or not, a 3 pt lead is a 3 pt lead. The defense won that game.

Henne did have 3 INTs that game didn't he? Down 24-6 b/c the defense can't stop anyone is why they lost. Sure the INT made it easier for the Titans to win, I won't deny that. Sanchez throws an INT against ATL in Week 15 as the Jets had 1:32 to drive and kick a FG. It happens.

I have never discounted the little things Sanchez had done throughout the year. I also don't claim to have since all of the Jets plays like you have. Swings or not, a 3 pt lead is a 3 pt lead. The defense won that game.

Again, was your D preventing your offense from scoring?

In the mind of a Jets fan:

12 for 23 (52.2%) for 100 yds 1 TD 1 INT (60.1 QB RATING) = Sanchez was AMAZING. Each of Sanchez' 12 completions were works of art that maybe only 1% of all quarterbacks that have ever played in the NFL could have made.

12 for 21 (57.1%) for 112 yds 1 TD 0 INT (87.8 QB RATING) = Henne was completely shut down by one of the greatest defenses in NFL history. Henne did absolutely nothing the entire game, and the game was a fluke. Following a 3rd quarter in which the Dolphins offense was on the sideline the entire quarter while the special teams and defense scored 3 times; by taking his first drive of the 4th quarter the entire length of the field to give the Phins the desicive points...meant nothing.

Again, was your D preventing your offense from scoring?

They were not. They also didn't prevent their opponent from scoring either. That's why the defense exists. To not allow their opponent to score. Like in the Jets loss to the Phins in their first game. The Jets defense couldn't hold the lead.

In the mind of a Jets fan:

12 for 23 (52.2%) for 100 yds 1 TD 1 INT (60.1 QB RATING) = Sanchez was AMAZING. Each of Sanchez' 12 completions were works of art that maybe only 1% of all quarterbacks that have ever played in the NFL could have made.

12 for 21 (57.1%) for 112 yds 1 TD 0 INT (87.8 QB RATING) = Henne was completely shut down by one of the greatest defenses in NFL history. Henne did absolutely nothing the entire game, and the game was a fluke. Following a 3rd quarter in which the Dolphins offense was on the sideline the entire quarter while the special teams and defense scored 3 times; by taking his first drive of the 4th quarter the entire length of the field to give the Phins the desicive points...meant nothing.

when did Sanchez get 3 non offensive TDs to win that SD game?

Also like how the Jets couldn't score against the Saints, Bills, Patriots (the 2nd time), and the Falcons

Also like how the Jets couldn't score against the Saints, Bills, Patriots (the 2nd time), and the Falcons

didn't you score 14 against Buf the 2nd time? didn't you score 17 at NE? didn't you score 7 against Atl? Are you serious?

The problem is we are discussing the final 3 games for Miami, 3 games Miami lost after trailing big.

The team around Sanchez choked away a playoff spot in 2008 while the team around henne won the division.

We missed a FG on the first drive, we eventuall led 17-6, 20-6 is a big difference. Then up 17-13 we missed and set up Indy in great FP so instead of beimg up a TD we were soon trailing by 3 but b/c we missed FGs it doesnt' count, it only counts if our opponents miss FGs.

The biggest games we played were all in January and Sanchez played his best football.

This is true. However, you were 30 minutes of Peyton Manning drinking Gatorade on the sidelines from watching the playoffs.

Sanchez impressed me in the playoffs. I was waiting for him to choke and cost you guys but he did not. I remember the strike to Keller (I believe) while taking a huge shot.

The difference is, Sanchez had a big bad D to hide behind most of the time that allowed for games with 5 picks. Henne did not, especially towards the end of the season.

Henne played his best when he had Ronnie, and a fresh Ricky alternating. When Ronnie got hurt, Ricky was a beast but then wore down towards the last few games of the season. Lex Hilliard is not half the workhorse any of those two are, so Henne put it up and thus made more mistakes.

I think both guys have the potential to be great and this debate is only going to go on longer and grow more heated as the time goes by. Jet fans think they have the better guy, we think we do. Let's all agree to disagree.

What? He's talking about Ginn scoring twice and JT returning the fumble for a TD

He's acting like henne did something special in that game and sanchez did nothing. Miami had one offensive TD drive, started at theMiami 33 and scored after fumbling in which the Jets recovered yet they gave it back to Miami. Henne had the benefit of 3 non offensive Tds yet squeaked out a W. The situations were nothing alike.

The problem is we are discussing the final 3 games for Miami, 3 games Miami lost after trailing big.

The team around Sanchez choked away a playoff spot in 2008 while the team around henne won the division.

We missed a FG on the first drive, we eventuall led 17-6, 20-6 is a big difference. Then up 17-13 we missed and set up Indy in great FP so instead of beimg up a TD we were soon trailing by 3 but b/c we missed FGs it doesnt' count, it only counts if our opponents miss FGs.

The biggest games we played were all in January and Sanchez played his best football.

The losses i pointed out and have been discussing have happened between week 4 and the Title game. And the Atlanta game happened in late December, so certain games that you have to win can be totally ignored because they happened on the 20th instead of the 3rd? Ironic, its unacceptable for Henne to struggle on the December 20th, yet for Sanchez its fine on the same exact day.

Henne did indeed get a playoff team...well, most of one. He got the discount version, or the playoff dolphins-lite. Diet Dolphins maybe? Anyways, the minute he got handed the keys, parts starting falling off as injuries built up. Even then, he fought us out of bottom of the league and got us within spitting distance of a playoff berth.

Fair enough, you missed some field goals. So what your saying is, your special teams struggled. You needed someone to close the game. Someone in a position of immediate influence to that game that could tip the balance and cover up for the struggles of his teamates. And he didnt. And the game was lost. Interesting, i wonder if there was any pressure that the person could have overcame to achieve victory.

I get the moral of the story: when the New York Jets are firing on all cylinders, Mark Sanchez plays his best football. When the team struggles, Sanchez plays his worst football. To me, its more pressure filled when your team is in adverse situations, not merely what week on a calender it happens to be. Mark Sanchez happened to be good when it was convenient.

He's acting like henne did something special in that game and sanchez did nothing. Miami had one offensive TD drive, started at theMiami 33 and scored after fumbling in which the Jets recovered yet they gave it back to Miami. Henne had the benefit of 3 non offensive Tds yet squeaked out a W. The situations were nothing alike.

Did Henne have to do anything special when his special teams/defense spots him 21 points? The Phins defense gave up 3 scoring drives in the 2nd half of 17 total plays and 212 total yards. They finally grew a pair and kept the Jets out of the endzone at the end of the game.

They almost blew it again.

In all honestly it has been proven that it is pointless arguing with junc. You can present any fact that you will and he will either ignore it or twist it around. Whether he believes it or not shouldn't really matter to us Dolphin fans. So if this upcoming season Henne is having a better statistical season then Sanchez then he will say that should be expected for someone who sat on the bench for a year and learned while poor sanchez was thrown to the wolves.

He has a built in excuse for anything we say. People say he brings good info to an argument but I have yet to see it. Any time he is part of a conversation is to say or imply how great Sanchez and the Jets are and how Henne and the Dolphins played horrible. I like good arguments that go back and forth and admit when they aren't seeing something but not this guy. He won't back down from anything no matter how foolish it sounds.

I've said it plenty of times already THIS season will be the telling time to BOTH qbs. This season both teams have down what they needed to in order to give their quarterbacks weapons. What and how they perform this season will be a telling sign in this debate.

didn't you score 14 against Buf the 2nd time? didn't you score 17 at NE? didn't you score 7 against Atl? Are you serious?

Well yes, those stats don't like. Look at the final standings though. The Phins had 12 more points than the Jets did to finish (and yes, some of these includes the special teams/defense). The big difference? The Jets giving up 154 less points overall as a team. You won't always score a ****load of points to win the game. This is where the defense comes in. That is why the Jets had success last year.

when did Sanchez get 3 non offensive TDs to win that SD game?

what does that matter...was Henne aided by a rushing game?

Henne played against a self-professed great defense and produced better than Sanchez did against an average defense, with the aid of a dominating run game....

yet that still somehow adds up to Henne being completely owned.....and Sanchez playing his best football in the most important game.

go figure...

Back
Top Bottom