MERGED X2: Jets Acquire Brandon Marshall | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED X2: Jets Acquire Brandon Marshall

1a55b85a93adcd51a5d83f0008bdde48.jpg

I may be the only one but this is awful news for Miami. They MUST sign Suh.
It isn't the best news but without a quarterback he isn't going to be too dangerous. I mean unless they get Cutler too. Then it could be a problem.

Don't get me wrong, I agree with Junc about Cutler being over rated. However Cutler has been the only QB that had been really good with Marshall.

They got him for a 5th round pick.... Low risk/High reward move for the Jets.

It isn't the best news but without a quarterback he isn't going to be too dangerous. I mean unless they get Cutler too. Then it could be a problem.

Don't get me wrong, I agree with Junc about Cutler being over rated. However Cutler has been the only QB that had been really good with Marshall.

no to Cutler under any circumstances.

we lack a QB but w/ this WR corps now it should help even Geno look competent IF he is our starter which is a big if. it's a long offseason, we have to sppend a ton of money so there are a million moves to be made. This is a good but risky move.

Oh wow. If he and Cutler had occasional issues in Chicago, I can only imagine what's gonna happen in NY. Should be interesting to say the least.

Good player who will help them win games, but will also help that team to collapse because he's a damn cancer.

What scares me is that they draft Winston or Mariota to go with him.

Good player who will help them win games, but will also help that team to collapse because he's a damn cancer.

What scares me is that they draft Winston or Mariota to go with him.

to be fair you guys have collapsed w/o him too but yes I do have LR concerns w/ him.

Good player who will help them win games, but will also help that team to collapse because he's a damn cancer. What scares me is that they draft Winston or Mariota to go with him.

I think you hit the nail on the head. In his 9 year career, he has only been a part of a winning team twice. His rookie year the Broncos were 9-7, and the 2012 Bears were 10-6. He has never been a part of a team that made the playoffs.

I know that it isn't one player that keeps a team from winning or making the playoffs, but it is just an interesting fact. You can not deny his talent, but you also can't deny that he has been a problem on every team he has been a part of. If the Jets do not get a solid QB that feeds Marshall the ball, I think this is going to be a disaster for them. At 30 years old and coming off an injury, I would have looked at some of the other free agent WR if I were the Jets.

The one positive for the Jets is that Bowles is familiar with Marshall when they both were with the Dolphins, so he knows what he is getting into.

Bring on the "now he's gonna kill us twice a year" rhetoric!

Sorry, just seen and posted while working so didn't look. Jets only had to give up a 5th tho

I think you hit the nail on the head. In his 9 year career, he has only been a part of a winning team twice. His rookie year the Broncos were 9-7, and the 2012 Bears were 10-6. He has never been a part of a team that made the playoffs.

I know that it isn't one player that keeps a team from winning or making the playoffs, but it is just an interesting fact. You can not deny his talent, but you also can't deny that he has been a problem on every team he has been a part of. If the Jets do not get a solid QB that feeds Marshall the ball, I think this is going to be a disaster for them. At 30 years old and coming off an injury, I would have looked at some of the other free agent WR if I were the Jets.

The one positive for the Jets is that Bowles is familiar with Marshall when they both were with the Dolphins, so he knows what he is getting into.

That is part of my concern but w/ the cap space we have it's a worthy gamble. we have a really talented group of receivers for our QB to throw to now, haven't been able to say that often in the last decade or 2.

Back
Top Bottom