MERGED X2: Jets Acquire Brandon Marshall | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED X2: Jets Acquire Brandon Marshall

i see this as a no lose situation for the jets.

first things 1st, the jets needed talent at the wr position. decker is good, but hes prob not a number 1, and harvin, while deff talented hes a major injury concern, and until he proves he can stay on the field for 16 games, u cant really rely on him.

marshall will give that team a true threat at wr, will make decker a much more effective wr, and if harvin stays health ( assuming they bring him back) the jets wr core looks pretty damn good.

they do still lack a qb, so thats a big concern for them, but marshall is a good pickup for them, considering they also gave up nothing. bowles also coached marshall here in miami, so i am sure bowles had to sign off on the deal.

now lets see the fins try and add players at the positions they need help with the most.

buffalo got better this week, jets got better, now lets see miami get better, bc all 3 teams needed improvement from last season.

Good move by the Jets.

Now watch BB trade Revis to the Jets for Marshall, if Marshall takes a pay cut to play with Brady.

I can see it if the Pats can't get Revis to re-up for a 4/5yr deal, 40M guaranteed. Can't see the Pats taking a 25m hit in 2015 under the current agreement, and there are too many teams out there with millions in cash & cap available to give to Revis.

As a pats fan, I'd hate it, but better than letting him walk. Better for the Jets to avoid a bidding war with the Bills.

Great trade by Maccagnan. He's well worth the 5th round pick.

Marshall is 6'4 with elite ball skills. He's everything you want in a receiver. Hasn't had any problems off the field in 2 years. He's a bit of a nut but you cant deny his talent. I'm extremely happy he's a Jet. I actually mentioned a few weeks ago that I thought the Dolphins should look into reacquiring him. He'd be a great fit for Tannehill over Mike Wallace who isnt worth what he's getting paid and whose skill set differs from Ryan's strengths as a QB.

Marshall and Decker on the outside with Kerley in the slot and Amaro at tight end is a very nice group of pass catchers for a QB.

Great trade by Maccagnan. He's well worth the 5th round pick.

Marshall is 6'4 with elite ball skills. He's everything you want in a receiver. Hasn't had any problems off the field in 2 years. He's a bit of a nut but you cant deny his talent. I'm extremely happy he's a Jet. I actually mentioned a few weeks ago that I thought the Dolphins should look into reacquiring him. He'd be a great fit for Tannehill over Mike Wallace who isnt worth what he's getting paid and whose skill set differs from Ryan's strengths as a QB.

Marshall and Decker on the outside with Kerley in the slot and Amaro at tight end is a very nice group of pass catchers for a QB.

I wouldn't say it is a great move. There is a reason he's been traded by 3 different teams now. I don't think his issues are behind him. Being in NY is only going to magnify them. Here is a quote from a Cimini article discussing some of his issues just this year.

He traveled to New York every Tuesday (the team's day off) for Showtime's "Inside the NFL" show, raising questions about his commitment to football. He angered teammates with a locker-room tirade after a loss to the Miami Dolphins. He challenged a Detroit Lions fan to a fight in a Twitter exchange. Marshall got into an altercation with an assistant coach for not wearing the proper practice uniform and it nearly escalated to blows. He ripped quarterback Jay Cutler on the radio, saying, "I can understand that as far as as a businessman; I would have buyer’s remorse, too" -- a reference to Cutler's contract and the now-infamous quote from Bears' offensive coordinator Aaron Kromer.

I hope you guys keep Harvin too. Your team will be torn apart internally by week 7.

I wouldn't say it is a great move. There is a reason he's been traded by 3 different teams now. I don't think his issues are behind him. Being in NY is only going to magnify them. Here is a quote from a Cimini article discussing some of his issues just this year.

I hope you guys keep Harvin too. Your team will be torn apart internally by week 7.

Darrelle Revis has been on 3 different teams in 3 years. Harvin will be a goner.

Marshall hasnt been a problem in a while. He had an argument with Cutler last year, but it appears that everyone did. Marshall seems to have cleaned up his act since he was diagnosed with his disorder.

No matter what anyone says, there is no question his immense talent. He makes players around him better, and he's not a guy whose needed a top tier QB to produce his numbers. He's a legit start wide receiver. You can't hate this atrade if your a Jets fan, especially when you consider it was only for a 5th round pick.

Darrelle Revis has been on 3 different teams in 3 years. Harvin will be a goner.

Marshall hasnt been a problem in a while. He had an argument with Cutler last year, but it appears that everyone did. Marshall seems to have cleaned up his act since he was diagnosed with his disorder.

No matter what anyone says, there is no question his immense talent. He makes players around him better, and he's not a guy whose needed a top tier QB to produce his numbers. He's a legit start wide receiver. You can't hate this atrade if your a Jets fan, especially when you consider it was only for a 5th round pick.

I'm looking forward to a dominant Brandon Marshall game and the camera panning over to Philbin's sour face. Principled Joe Philbin.

I'm looking forward to a dominant Brandon Marshall game and the camera panning over to Philbin's sour face. Principled Joe Philbin.

If I were the Dolphins i'd strongly consider Andre Johnson. I think he's the perfect possession receiver for Tannehill to throw the ball to. He still has a little more left in the tank, could be a key piece to help get you guys over the hump.

Jets also got a 7th rd pick as part of the deal.

Marshall and 7th rd pick to Jets
5th rd pick to Bears

Sweet, the Jet's should be able to use that 7th on a QB. :chuckle:

Back
Top Bottom