Merged X5: Colt Brennan is blowing it up so far | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged X5: Colt Brennan is blowing it up so far

We should've also drafted Colt Brennan....
Theres no reason why we could'nt spend a 7th on this guy as Washington did, really what do we have to lose? Actually we have everything to gain, whos to say he couldnt be better than what we have, which isnt much. He was supposed to be the next Trojan's QB after Lienart, oviously things didn't work out there, then he did bad on his interviews, but its obvious the guy has talent! Total BS on behalf of this FO!!!!

Why are you ready to annoint him the "next Big Thing" after one preseason game in which his backups beat the other team's backups? Hindsight may in fact be 20-20, however to have hindsight we had better wait a couple of years at a minimum to see how it all plays out.

I knew after seeing the stats from hof game that there would be some assinine posts about how the phins missed the boat. It was part of one PREseason game against the colts 3rd stringers. Brennen will never be more than a backup in the NFL.

The only thing missing from this post is a call to trade for him.

We should've also drafted Colt Brennan....
Theres no reason why we could'nt spend a 7th on this guy as Washington did, really what do we have to lose? Actually we have everything to gain, whos to say he couldnt be better than what we have, which isnt much. He was supposed to be the next Trojan's QB after Lienart, oviously things didn't work out there, then he did bad on his interviews, but its obvious the guy has talent! Total BS on behalf of this FO!!!!
I have been waiting for this thread to come up. :lol:

First off, Colt was a 6th round pick, not a 7th round pick.

Why is it total BS on the behalf of our front office? What about the other 30 teams that passed on him? Was it their mistake too?

Brennan does have a lot of positives about him, but he also has a lot of negatives. You can't base us not drafting him on 10 passes thrown against a backup defense in the first preseason game of the year. Who knows if he will turn in to a great pro.

Miami had already drafted their QB of the future in round 2(Chad Henne) and at the time had two other QBs they felt comfortable with. There was no real reason to spend two draft picks on the quarterback position when this team has so many other needs.

I like Colt Brennan and I hope he can do well in the NFL, but lets not crown him the next Peyton Manning based on his performance in the Hall of Fame game.

Why is it total BS on the behalf of our front office? What about the other 30 teams that passed on him? Was it their mistake too?

Brennan does have a lot of positives about him, but he also has a lot of negatives. You can't base us not drafting him on 10 passes thrown against a backup defense in the first preseason game of the year. Who knows if he will turn in to a great pro.

Miami had already drafted their QB of the future in round 2(Chad Henne) and at the time had two other QBs they felt comfortable with. There was no real reason to spend two draft picks on the quarterback position when this team has so many other needs.

I like Colt Brennan and I hope he can do well in the NFL, but lets not crown him the next Peyton Manning based on his performance in the Hall of Fame game.

No, you're wrong. Brennan is going to Canton, you'll see. YOU'LL ALL SEE!
I'm so tired of our front office not being able to see who's going to be a pre-season superstar. They may suck in real life but they could give us optimism in August, do you have any idea how important that is for a young team!?

/ridiculous

Ill pass I'm more than happy with Henne and Beck. They both are doing pretty good in practice right now.

Im looking for Beck and Bess to become a great QB to WR combo.

I agree with everyone basically saying don't overvalue Colt's performance last night, but i don't think it should be so undervalued either. YES he played vs. 2nd and 3rd team defenses, but he still looked good, there's a lot of QB's who still play like crap in that situation. For his very first NFL action ever i thought he did very well and I wouldn't have minded the Phins taking him. With all that being said tho.......... GOOOOOO BECK, Or HENNE!!!!

I posted this in the last Colt thread started a week ago, I hope in three years Colt Brennan starts for Washington and is good, I love underdogs and he is a big one. I also hope Miami has one of it's QB's established and good also! Miami didn't draft Colt so I wish him good luck and hope that one of the Miami QB's preforms better in the first game.

:lol:

Wow...I knew some of our fans would be high on him, but wow...

As others said, he did this against backups. That said, he did look great and is being coached by one of the best QB coaches in the league. Sad thing for Colt though is that JC will be our man for the next decade. He will either remain his backup or get shipped off somewhere if he continues to improve.

I knew after seeing the stats from hof game that there would be some assinine posts about how the phins missed the boat. It was part of one PREseason game against the colts 3rd stringers. Brennen will never be more than a backup in the NFL.

The only thing missing from this post is a call to trade for him.

Yeah I knew there would be one to. After one preseason game and the skins have the next Brady on there hands. A late round gem. A couple years back people here in Tampa were saying the same thing about some guy named Bruce Gradwhatever. He lit it up in preseason and fans were going crazy about him. Then he stunk it up in the regular season starting in place of injured Simms. Let's wait a couple years to start grading this years draft, and lets not go crazy about rookies playing well in preseason.

No real reason to spend 2 draft picks on the QB position!!
I dont know what team you've been looking at the past how many years, but if theres any team that needs to spend draft pics on QB's its the Dolphins, we need to stop signing other teams discarded QB's and start getting our own. Thought it was the 7th but still a 6th rounder CB was surely worth based on his performace in college.

While I agree this is just the HOF game against second and third. But if you have seen Hawaii games he did the same time and time again. he has great accurancy and touch. And a hell of alot of guts.

There is a reason he broke 11 NCAA records in 3 years, think about it he holds the Dan marino and Brett Farv equivalant. Most TD in a single season, Most TD ever, Best passer rating ever in 06. Finalist two years in a row for Heisman.

He was a steal in the 6th.

Back
Top Bottom